The Weather Network – A Moment on The Great Trail – Win a trip to Ottawa to Trans Canada Trails event OR 1 of 5 runner-up prizes
OFFICIAL PHOTO CONTEST RULES
The Trans Canada Trail Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is organized by Pelmorex Canada Inc and Trans Canada Trail
1. PRIZE SUPPLIER. The prize suppliers of this Contest are Pelmorex Canada Inc. and Trans Canada Trail.
2. CONTEST ADMINISTRATION AND SPONSOR. The administrator and sponsor of this Contest is Pelmorex Canada Inc.
3. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins on February 1, 2017 at 6:00:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends on July 1, 2017 at 11:59:59 p.m. (EST) (the “Contest Period”).
4. ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada, who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry, except employees, representatives and agents of Pelmorex Canada Inc. and the Trans Canada Trail, or their respective affiliates and, if applicable, their respective advertising or promotion agencies, contest judges, contest prize suppliers, and any other companies engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Contest, and members of the immediate families of, or persons domiciled with, any of the above.
5. HOW TO ENTER. Entrants are automatically entered in the Contest each time they successfully upload a photo to the online Photo Contest category (“A Moment on The Great Trail”) while signed in to their account. No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. There are no alternative means of entry.
When signing in to upload images to the Contest, we will require your name, e-mail address, password and telephone number. By signing in, providing this information and uploading photos, you agree that Pelmorex Canada Inc. and Trans Canada Trail may publish your photos on the websites, on television, and other owned properties (the “Services”), including with your name and location (e.g. city, town, or region, based on postal code). By submitting your photo to the Contest, you give Pelmorex Canada Inc. and Trans Canada Trail world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute and sub-license those submissions. We may also use your email address to contact you to notify you if your picture is chosen to be displayed on any of the Services.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address, at the time of the contest. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address to which the email invitation was sent. Neither Pelmorex Canada Inc. nor Trans Canada Trail are responsible for entries that become lost or misdirected.
6. PRIZES. There are 6 prizes (collectively, the “Prizes”; each, a “Prize”) available to be won. Pelmorex Canada Inc. and Trans Canada Trail reserve the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a Prize for Prizes of approximately equal or greater retail value, at any time and for any reason. The Prize must be accepted as awarded, cannot be substituted, transferred or exchanged. Prizes will not be shipped outside of Canada.
Five (5) runner-up winners will receive:
A DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Drone with Camera and Controller, an assortment of Trans Canada Trail “The Great Trail” promotional items, a selection of The Weather Network items, and mentions on Trans Canada Trail’s digital presences as well as The Weather Network’s television, web and social media platforms.
Total approximate value: $800
One (1) Grand prize winner will receive a stay in Ottawa from August 25 to August 28, 2017
The prize includes one (1) round trip flight for one (1) person from a Canadian airport to Ottawa, 3 hotel nights in Ottawa, and invitation to Trans Canada Trail’s connection celebration event in Ottawa, a 3-hour walking tour of Ottawa and a half-day guided hike of a The Great Trail section in the Ottawa region (exact location and duration to be determined by Trans Canada Trail at its sole discretion).
Total approximate value: $2,500
7. JUDGING. Photos will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit and subject matter relevance to the Contest’s five themes. Judging will be conducted by a panel of Trans Canada Trail and Pelmorex Canada Inc. employees and a group of guest judges to be selected by the Trans Canada Trail in its sole and absolute discretion (the “Panel”).
CATEGORIES. The Panel will evaluate all valid entries and pick one (1) runner-up winner (“Finalist”) for each of the following categories:
My Trail Day and Night
My Trail and Its Wildlife
My Urban Trail
My Trail in Bloom
My Water Trail
One (1) Grand Prize winner will be chosen by the Panel from the five (5) Finalists selected. All winners will be notified and announced following contest closing in July 2017 (Exact date TBD).
IMAGE SPECIFICATIONS. To ensure eligibility for the Contest, please submit files no larger than 10MB at the time of entry. Higher resolution files of at least 240 dpi/ppi will be requested should an entry be preselected to be awarded one of the five (5) prizes or the (1) Grand Prize. All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified. Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce a single “High Dynamic Range” image are acceptable. Entries should include metadata if at all possible.
The following submissions are ineligible:
Images of captive animals photographed in zoos and commercial game farms.
Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright.
Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
Images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife, or damage to the environment by the photographer.
Images that involve putting any individual or animal in danger.
8. HOW TO WIN AND CLAIM A PRIZE. Each Finalist will be notified by phone or email and instructed on how to claim his/her Prize. To be declared a winner, each Finalist must correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, to be administered by phone at a mutually convenient time, complete the Winners Notification Survey, and otherwise comply with these official contest rules. Awarding of a Prize is subject to verification and compliance with these official contest rules. Finalists who have not complied with these official contest rules will be disqualified. If a Finalist cannot be located or does not respond or comply with all of these official contest rules within two (2) days of notification, the Finalist may, at Pelmorex Canada Inc. and Trans Canada Trail’s sole and absolute discretion, be disqualified and such Finalist will automatically forfeit the Prize and Pelmorex Canada Inc. and Trans Canada Trail or its representatives, may, at its sole and absolute discretion, select by random draw another eligible Finalist whom Pelmorex Canada Inc. and Trans Canada Trail or its representatives will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification, in the same manner. If the alternate selected Finalist cannot be located or does not respond or comply with all of these official contest rules within two (2) days of notification, the alternate Finalist will, at Pelmorex Canada Inc.’s sole and absolute discretion, be disqualified and no Prize will be awarded to any entrant. Finalists must allow up to four (4) weeks from the date of the draw for verification of contest winner and prize fulfilment. The Finalists will be contacted following verification with details on how to redeem the Prizes. Pelmorex Canada Inc. will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify selected Finalists.
9. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts and agrees to these official contest rules and all decisions of the contest judges (who may be employees, agents or independent contractors of Pelmorex Canada Inc. and Trans Canada Trail), which shall be final and legally binding on entrants in all matters relating to this Contest. In order to be confirmed a Finalist and receive the Prize, the Finalist will be required to complete the Winners Notification Survey online which confirms compliance with these official contest rules and to acknowledge acceptance that in order to fulfill the requirements to redeem the Prize the Finalist may be required to disclose the following information: date of birth, gender, mailing address. All entrants release Pelmorex Canada Inc., Trans Canada Trail and their respective affiliated companies, agencies, contest prize suppliers, and their respective officers, directors, employees, consultants and agents (collectively, the “Contest Group”) from all liability with respect to an entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding and use of the Prizes. Finalists agrees to the use of his/her name, comments, photograph, and other likeness for publicity purposes, and grants to Pelmorex Canada Inc. and Trans Canada Trail any and all rights to said use without further compensation. Pelmorex Canada Inc. and Trans Canada Trail and its respective affiliates are not responsible for printing, distribution, or production errors. Pelmorex Canada Inc. and Trans Canada Trail and its respective affiliates may, at their sole discretion and without liability, rescind or amend this Contest at any time. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws, rules and regulations.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering a Contest, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that Pelmorex Canada Inc and Trans Canada Trail: (i) shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to this Contest and/or the awarding or use of the Prizes, (ii) makes no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Prizes, (iii) disclaims any implied warranty, (iv) is not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from a Finalists’ acceptance or use of the Prizes or otherwise from such entrant’s participation in a Contest, (v) shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever arising from its use of any Finalists’ name, comments, photograph, and other likeness . Neither Pelmorex Canada Inc nor Trans Canada Trail will be responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in advertising, the official contest rules, the selection and announcement of Finalists, or the distribution of the Prizes. Pelmorex Canada Inc and Trans Canada Trail are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website and assumes no liability for damage to entrant’s or any person’s computer resulting from participating in a Contest. Pelmorex Canada Inc and Trans Canada Trail are not responsible for the introduction of any malicious software onto an entrant’s computer, or any associated networks, systems and servers.
12. FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
13. GOVERNING LAW. The laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein shall govern this Contest. Any action taken by a party in relation to this Contest shall be heard in the courts of the Province of Ontario and such courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over the action.