CTV Morning Live – California Vacation – Win a 5-day vacation package for 4 to the Disneyland Resort in California valued at $6,900
Rules & Privacy
CTV Morning Live –California Vacation
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
April 9 to 12, 2018
PRIZE/TRAVEL MUST BE TAKEN BETWEEN MAY 4, 2018 AND SEPTEMBER 3, 2018
1. The CTV Morning Live California Vacation Contest (“Contest”) starts at 5:30 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on April 9, 2018 and closes at 4:00 p.m. PT on April 12, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). There is one (1) vacation package (the “Prize”) available to be won in British Columbia. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. TO ENTER, watch CTV Morning Live at approximately 6:20 am PT, 7:20 am PT or 8:20 am PT (the “Time(s)”) on each day of the Contest Period (i.e., April 9, 10, 11 and 12, 2018) (the “Broadcast(s)”) and wait for the code word of-the-day to be announced (for greater clarity, there will be only one (1) code word-of-the-day announced and repeated during the three (3) Times of each Broadcast day), then visit the web site located at www.CTVVancouver.ca (“Website”) after each Broadcast, click on the Contest page and complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the Contest page including entering the correct code word-of-the-day, but only once in a twenty-four (24) hour period beginning at 6:20 a.m. PT and ending at 6:19 a.m. PT (except on April 12, 2018 when you only have until 4:00 p.m. PT to submit your entry prior to the Contest closing). Note that the code word-of-the-day is not case sensitive but must be correctly spelled in order to be valid. In order to complete entry into the Contest, an entrant must (i) meet all requirements outlined in these official rules and regulations (the “Rules”), (ii) submit all necessary components of the entry form, and (iii) have and submit the correct code word-of-the-day. Limit of one (1) entry per individual, per day of the Contest Period to equal a maximum of four (4) entries over the course of the Contest Period. If it is discovered that you exceed any of the limits stated in these Rules (as determined by the Contest Sponsor (defined below) in its sole and absolute discretion), all your entries will be void. Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
3. The Contest sponsor is CTV Vancouver, a division of Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”). The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the “Prize Supplier”) is the supplier of the Prize.
4. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of British Columbia, Canadand be nineteen (19) years of age or older. Employees of the Contest Sponsor, Prize Supplier, and their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, and the parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with any such employee are ineligible to enter. A winner of a previous Bell Media Inc. contest within thirty (30) days preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with such a winner are not eligible to enter.
5. Prize: There is one (1) Prize available to be won in British Columbia consisting of a 4-night/5-day vacation package for the winner and up to three (3) travelling companions (each a “Guest”; collectively “Guests” and together with winner, the “Group”) to the Disneyland Resort in California (the “Premises”) which includes:
A. Round-trip economy airfare for the Group between the closest major international airport to winner’s residence in British Columbia (“Departure Airport”) and a Southern California airport (“Arrival Airport”) with possible layovers (airports and flights to be selected by the Prize Supplier in its sole and absolute discretion);
B. A voucher for round-trip ground transfers for the Group between the Arrival Airport and the Premises (ground transfers to be selected by the Prize Supplier in its sole and absolute discretion);
C. One (1) standard room accommodation (with a maximum of four (4) persons); subject to certain room availability) for up to four (4) consecutive nights at a Premises or Premises-area hotel selected by the Prize Supplier in its sole and absolute discretion;
D. Up to four (4) 5-Day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Tickets (subject to restrictions); and
E. One (1) Disney Gift Card for the winner only with a value of Six Hundred U.S. Dollars ($600 USD) (subject to restrictions).
Approximate retail value of the Prize is Six Thousand Nine Hundred U.S. Dollars ($6,900.00 USD) based on a Vancouver, British Columbia departure. The actual value of the Prize may vary depending on point of departure and fluctuations of hotel rates and airfares. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual cost of the Prize will not be awarded. The Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, being provided by any of the Released Parties (defined below). Released Parties are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay.
Certain restrictions shall apply to the Prize, which restrictions shall be determined by the Prize Supplier in its sole and absolute discretion. The winner and Guests must travel together on the same itinerary, and air transportation must be round-trip from/to the Departure Airport/Arrival Airport. The Prize shall not include the following: airport departure fees or taxes, surcharges, baggage fees; travel, health, and/or medical insurance (IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED THAT SUCH INSURANCE BE OBTAINED PRIOR TO PARTICIPATING IN THE PRIZE); hotel room service, parking fees, laundry service, spa treatments; food or beverages; merchandise, souvenirs, incidental expenses; local or long distance telephone calls; tips or gratuities, service charges, taxes; or any other charges not explicitly mentioned above. Winner may not charge a, or any of the, Guest(s) for participating in the Prize, and once selected by winner, Guest(s) cannot be changed without the express consent of the Prize Supplier. Other restrictions include:
(a) The Prize must be fully redeemed between May 4, 2018 and September 3, 2018.
(b) Prize fulfilment and travel are subject to certain restrictions, air travel/flight availability and hotel/room availability at the Premises. The Prize must be booked through a travel agent as designated by the Prize Supplier at least two-weeks prior to arrival. Block-out dates and other certain travel and lodging restrictions apply. No extensions will be granted. Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. Airline tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and are not valid for upgrades.
(c) Minors (i.e. individuals who have not reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence) must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian who is of the age of majority in their province or territory of residence (the “Minor’s Guardian”) and both the Minor and Minor Guardian will be deemed Guests of the winner (unless the winner is the Minor’s Guardian).
(d) The Prize and Prize components (including, without limitation, theme park tickets) may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer, separated, sold, exchanged or redeemed for cash, traded, transferred, or rescheduled to dates other than as set forth above, except in the Prize Supplier’s sole and absolute discretion. All elements of the Prize (including, without limitation, the theme park tickets) must be used by the winner and Guests at the same time during the redemption of the Prize. Theme park attractions and entertainment may be seasonal and subject to change without notice. Theme park tickets expire September 3, 2018. Any damaged, lost or stolen theme park tickets, gift cards or travel vouchers will not be replaced. Gift Cards are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash (except as required by law) and are subject to all terms and conditions of use imposed by the issuer its sole and absolute discretion.
(e) If the winner chooses to bring less than the allotted number of guests, the Prize will be awarded in increments suitable for the actual number of participants with no substitute prize or compensation provided to the winner.
(f) The winner will not receive compensation for any element(s) of the Prize that winner or Guest(s) is unable to use for any reason, and such unused portion(s) of the Prize will be forfeited.
(g) The winner and Guests will be required to execute a liability/publicity release form by April 20, 2018. Failure to return the executed liability/publicity release form within the specified time period will result in forfeiture of the Prize. By accepting the Prize, the winner understands and agrees that he/she is responsible for any actions, claims or liabilities of any Guest(s), and that the Prize Supplier has the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse entry to or remove any attendee from the Premises at any time if such attendee’s behaviour at any point is disruptive or may or does cause damage to person, property or the reputation of the Prize Supplier or otherwise violates the rules or policies of the Premises.
(h) It is the winner’s and Guests’ responsibility to cover all costs incurred to and from the departure point as the Prize originates and terminates there. The winner and Guests are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas (if applicable) and to comply with any customs immigration requirements, as applicable. Failing to provide the required documents may result in denied boarding by the Prize airline and/or entry by immigration authorities. Neither Prize Supplier nor the Contest Sponsor is responsible in this respect. Request for refunds will not be granted.
(I) Prize Supplier reserves the right to substitute the destination in the Prize if for any unforeseen circumstance Prize Supplier no longer offers the vacation package or components of the Prize. The winner waives all recourse against Prize Supplier and the Contest Sponsor if services offered do not prove to be entirely satisfactory.
(j) PLEASE NOTE THAT A CURRENT, VALID CANADIAN PASSPORT IS REQUIRED FOR TRAVEL TO THE UNITED STATES. WINNER AND HIS/HER TRAVELLING COMPANIONS MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL INTO THE UNITED STATES WITHIN THE DATES SPECIFIED ABOVE. FAILURE TO PROVIDE NECCESARY DOCUMENTATION WILL BE DENIED THE PRIZE. NO SUBSTITUTIONS WILL BE OFFERED.
(k) THE PRIZE WINNER AND EACH OF HIS/HER TRAVELLING COMPANIONS SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING ANY AND ALL TRAVEL AND HEALTH INSURANCE PRIOR TO DEPARTURE. IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED THAT SUCH INSURANCE BE OBTAINED PRIOR TO PARTICIPATING IN THE PRIZE.
6. Contest Sponsor and the Prize Supplier reserve the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable.
7. On April 12, 2018 at approximately 4:01 p.m. PT a random draw for the Prize will take place at Bell Media Inc. in Vancouver, BC from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of winning the Prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Immediately after the draw, Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential Prize winner by telephone to notify potential winner that he or she may have won the Prize. The potential winner must answer the call or be available to come to the telephone on April 12, 2018 At approximately 4:01 p.m. PT, to be eligible to win. In the event the potential winner does not answer the call or is unavailable to come to the telephone, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared the winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded the Prize, the Prize winner and Guest(s) (or if a Minor, the Minor Guest’s parent or legal guardian) will each be required to sign and return, within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she (i) has read and understood these Rules, (ii) grants all consents required by the Contest Sponsor and Prize Supplier, (iii) agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, (iv) authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes in connection with this Contest at no additional compensation to the potential winner or Guest(s), beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, (v) accepts the Prize as offered (in the capacity of the winner or Guest, as the case may be), and (vi) agrees to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, Prize Supplier, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated companies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (the “Released Parties”) from any and all legal claims, losses, injuries, demands, actions, and/or causes of action, which arise out of and/or in any way relate to the Prize, the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the Prize, any Prize-related activity, travel and/or the Contest (in the capacity of the winner or Guest, as the case may be). In the event that the potential winner or Guest do not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor and Prize Supplier shall have the right to disqualify potential winner and he/she forfeits the Prize and the Contest Sponsor may draw an alternate potential winner and the Released Parties shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later than April 13, 2018.
8. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
9. All entries become property of Contest Sponsor. Released Parties assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, illegible, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the nameof the Prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Released Parties do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, code word/word-of-the-day errors, Broadcast or Time issues, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reservesits right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and/or select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reservesits right at any time to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reservesits right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reservesits right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Released Parties shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer or mobile device equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest website.
11. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
12. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned or licensed by the Contest Sponsor, Prize Supplier, or one of their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
13. All disputes and claims against Prize Supplier arising out of or relating to any person’s use of or participation in any elements of the Prize which are described above shall be resolved directly with the Prize Supplier and by applying the laws of the state of California, without regard to conflict of laws provisions therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within Orange County, California. Such claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.
14. Subject only to the provisions of Rule 13 above, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest or these Rules, or the rights and obligations as between the entrants and Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. Subject only to the provisions of Rule 13 above, all parties hereby attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of that Province, sitting in the City of Vancouver, British Columbia, in respect of the determination of any matter or dispute concerning the construction, validity, interpretation or enforceability of the Contest or these Rules, or the rights and obligations as between the entrants and Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, and agree that any such determination shall be brought solely and exclusively before such courts in the Province of British Columbia.