Miele – Masterchef Canada Redemption Challenge – Win a Miele Stainless Steel Dishwasher valued at $2,649
‘Masterchef Canada Redemption Challenge – Presented by Miele’ Dishwasher Contest
Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”)
The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws.
Void where prohibited.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. Contest Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Miele Ltd. (the “Contest Sponsor”).
This Contest will be run in accordance with these Rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor. Entrants must comply with these Rules, and, by entering the Contest, will be deemed to have received and understood the Rules.
2. Contest Period: The Contest starts at 10:00pm Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on May 1, 2018 and continues until 11:59pm EDT on June 19, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
3. Eligibility: The Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), who have reached the age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence at the time of Contest entry (each an “Entrant”). Employees, representatives, dealers and agents of the Contest Sponsor, Bell Media Inc. and its subsidiary companies, MasterChef Canada, and each of their respective parent and affiliated companies, contest suppliers and judges, and immediate family members of any such person (regardless of where they live) or those with whom any such persons are domiciled are not eligible to enter the Contest. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible to enter the Contest.
4. How to Enter: No purchase necessary. To enter, visit ca.miele.ca/MasterChefCanadaContest during the Contest Period and watch the exclusively online episodes of MasterChef Canada “MasterChef Canada Redemption” (the “Episodes”) presented by Miele at ctv.ca/masterchefcanada. Next, go to ca.miele.ca/MasterChefCanadaContestEntry to answer trivia question(s) related to the Episodes and fill out all necessary fields on the Contest entry form: First name, Last name, Street Address, City, Province, Postal Code, Phone, Email, Skill-Testing Question, Captcha, confirmation of having read the Terms and Conditions and click “Submit”. Each complete form with the correct answers qualifies as one (1) entry to the Contest.
Limit one (1) entry per Entrant via the contest question method during the Contest Period.
In case of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry, used for a particular entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries via the trivia question(s) method must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
5. Prize: There is one (1) Miele Dishwasher available to be won in Canada (excluding Quebec), consisting of:
• One (1) G6745 SCU SS – Dimension Stainless Steel Dishwasher (the “Prize”).
Approximate retail value of the Prize is $2,649 CAD. If, at the time the Prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for the Prize is less than the approximate retail value stated in advertising and promotion materials, and/or in these Rules, the Prize winner will not be entitled to any difference.
The winner will be solely responsible for all other incidental costs and expenses related to his/her Prize not mentioned above. The Contest Sponsor will not be held to award more Prizes than as set out in these Rules.
6. Prize Substitution: The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash-surrender value, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify the Prize with (a) prize(s) of equal or greater value for any reason.
7. Winner Determination:
One (1) entry will be selected via random drawing from among all eligible entries by the Contest Sponsor on July 5, 2018 at 10:00am EDT at the Miele Experience Centre in Vaughan, Ontario.
Contest Sponsor will contact the selected Entrant via telephone or email within five (5) business days of the random drawing (“Winner Notification”). If the selected Entrant cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of the first attempt to contact (including failing to reply to the Winner Notification) or, if contacted, does not claim his/her prize, or does not meet all of the Contest conditions outlined in these Rules, the selected Entrant will be disqualified and forfeits his/her Prize, and another Entrant may be randomly drawn from among all remaining eligible entries whom a representative of the Contest Sponsor will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. This process will continue until contact is made with a selected Entrant who meets Contests requirements or until there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for failed attempts to notify any selected Entrant. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one (1) Prize per Entrant. The chances of winning are solely dependent on the total number of eligible entries received.
8. Prize Distribution: Once confirmed as a winner, the Prize will be delivered to the Entrant’s residence by the Contest Sponsor. Unclaimed Prize will not be awarded. Failure to redeem a Prize will result in forfeiture of the Prize and unused portions of a Prize have no cash value. Prize winner is responsible for any applicable taxes related to any prize received. Winner bears all risk of loss or damages to the Prize after delivery.
9. Winner Conditions: To be declared the winner, a selected Entrant must first: (i) have complied with, be in compliance with, and continue to comply with the Rules; (ii) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question on the Declaration of Eligibility and Release form; and (iii) sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Release form within a specified period of time.
10. Tampering: All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the Rules may be disqualified by the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, typographical or other production errors, or any errors or omissions in printing or advertising related to this Contest. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated maximum number of entries by using multiple/different names, e-mail addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that person’s entries and eligibility to win the prize and that participant will be disqualified from the Contest and, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, any of the Contest Sponsor’s other promotions. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest entry services) will void all entries by that Entrant.
Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for failure of the Internet or the website during the Contest, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
11. Modification/Termination: Subject to applicable law, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without liability, to terminate or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, or modify the Rules of the Contest at any time without notice, if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor that corrupts the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. In such event, the Contest Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, choose to select (a) winner(s) via random drawing from among all eligible entries received up until the time of cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension.
12. Privacy: The Contest Sponsor is collecting personal data about Entrants for the purpose of administering this Contest and, if an Entrant should so elect, to communicate with Entrants about the Contest Sponsor’s products/services/offers. Consenting to receive such communications is optional and does not have to be agreed to in order to be eligible to enter this Contest and does not improve your chances of winning any prize. Entrants not wishing to receive any other informational or marketing communications from the Contest Sponsor should so indicate when they enter the Contest. Please see the Privacy Policies for Contest Sponsor at https://www.miele.ca/en/c/privacy-policy-46.htm for information on the policy towards maintaining the privacy and security of user information.
13. Publicity: By accepting the Prize, the winner agrees that the Contest Sponsor and its respective designees may use his/her name, photographs, videos, likeness, city of residence, biographical information, prize information and/or statements about this Contest for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media (now or hereafter known) throughout the world, in perpetuity without compensation, notification, or permission, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
14. Release and Liability: By entering this Contest, Entrants forever release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, Bell Media Inc. and its subsidiary companies, MasterChef Canada, and each of their advertising and promotional agencies, their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all damages, injuries, death, loss, or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entering the Contest, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or while preparing for and/or participating in any Contest and/or prize-related activity.
15. Construction: This Contest is subject to and will be interpreted according to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations in Canada. By entering this Contest each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and by the decisions of the Contest Sponsor, which shall be final on all matters relating to the Contest. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario without giving effect to its conflict of law rules and provisions. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario. All entrants expressly agree that the Ontario courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and agree to submit to the laws of and the jurisdiction of the federal courts of Canada and provincial courts of the Province of Ontario, and hereby waive the jurisdiction of any other court that now or in the future could be considered competent for any reason. The venue shall only be Toronto, Ontario.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
16. BELL MEDIA INC.: This Contest is in not sponsored, administered, or managed by Bell Media Inc. and Bell Media Inc. is therefore released of any and all liability in this regard.
Short form rules for use in all advertising materials related to the ‘Masterchef Canada Redemption Challenge – Presented by Miele’ Dishwasher Contest:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest starts at10:00pm EDT on May 1, 2018 and closes on June 19, 2018 at 11:59pm EDT. Open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence at the time of Contest entry. To enter, go to ctv.ca/masterchefcanada to watch the MasterChef Canada episode the “MasterChef Canada Redemption”, then complete questions and entry on form at ca.miele.ca/MasterChefCanadaContest and hit “submit”. Limit 1 entry per person. One (1) prize available to be won in Canada (excl. Quebec), consisting of: 1 G6745 SCU SS – Dimension Stainless Steel Dishwasher – approx. retail value of $2,649. Odds of winning depend upon total eligible entries. Skill-testing question required. Full rules at ca.miele.ca/MasterChefCanadaContestEntry.