Marilyns – 10 Days of Giveaways
Rules & Privacy
MARILYN’S 10 Days of Giveaways
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS (the “Rules”)
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The MARILYN’S Faves Gift Guide 10 Days of Giveaways – Day Three Gift Guide contest (the “Contest”) starts at 10:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 5, 2017 and closes at 11:59 p.m. ET on December 12, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, simply visit the web site located at www.marilyn.ca, click on the Contest page and complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the Contest page. All entries must include your name, address, age range, e-mail address and the correct answer to the trivia question posted on the Contest page. Limit of one (1) entry per household, per day of the Contest Period, regardless of the e-mail addresses, municipal addresses or optional telephone numbers submitted. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than the stated maximum, all your entries and entries for the household(s) in question will be void. Entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Illegible entries are ineligible.
3. CONTEST SPONSOR: The contest sponsor is Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
4. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and to be eligible to win, an entrant must be a legal resident of Canada, and be of the age of majority in his or her province or territory of residence. Employees, representatives, and agents of the Contest Sponsor, its parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, promotional and advertising agencies (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) and the parents, siblings and children of, and those domiciled with, any such persons are ineligible to enter.
5. PRIZES: There are four (4) prize packages available to be won, each consisting of the following items:
Toy store gift pack including one (1) storybook smartphone projector, one (1) mechanical drawing toy, one (1) skill/fidget play device (approx. retail value: $102);
One (1) set of affirmation cards (approx. retail value: $40);
One (1) hair heat styling tool (approx. retail value: $150);
One (1) battle drone (approx. retail value: $200);
One (1) voucher redeemable towards one (1) case for select Apple products (excluding tablet) (approx. retail value: $60). Voucher expires January 31, 2018;
One (1) premium TV streaming device (approx. retail value: $90);
One (1) voucher redeemable towards a 2 month CraveTV subscription at an eligible Canadian address (approx. retail value: $8).Any and all terms and conditions applicable to the offer (as determined at the sole discretion of the issuer) apply;
One (1) interactive, holographic toy and one (1) set of virtual reality goggles (approx. retail value: $95);
One (1) smart home sound management sleep system (approx. retail value: $180);
One (1) interactive learning robot toy (approx. retail value: $70);
One (1) set of pajamas and one (1) pair of socks (approx. retail value: $57). Sizes selected at the sole discretion of the prize provider;
(collectively, a “Prize”)
Approximate total retail value of the Prize is one thousand and fifty two dollars ($1,052).
6. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Any and all vouchers, gift certificates, and gift cards are subject to the issuing company’s terms and conditions. The Prize components do not carry any express or implied warranties. Color and sizes, if applicable, are at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Each Prize component should be used according to instructions and with caution and regard with respect to safety and health.
Each Prize winner is under no obligation to use, redeem, accept, or complete any Prize component. By accepting a Prize, each Prize winner acknowledges:
a) that his/her decision to use, redeem, accept, enjoy, or complete a Prize is entirely their own;
b) and understands that, where applicable, (i) he/she may be interacting, contracting, and dealing with, and providing personal information to the Prize provider, and not Bell Media Inc., in order to accept, use, redeem, or complete (as applicable) certain Prize components; (ii) he/she and will be subject to any and all policies, terms, standards, and requirements imposed by a Prize provider (the “Terms”) when using, redeeming, or completing (as applicable) certain Prize components; and (iii) Bell Media Inc. is merely distributing the Prize and is in no way responsible for any aspect of the Prize components;
c) and confirms that he/she will fully acquaint him/herself with the Prize, Prize provider, and Terms (where applicable and as necessary) prior to Prize usage, redemption, or completion (as applicable).
The Prize and Prize portions must be accepted as awarded. The Prize and any component thereof may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize, in whole or in part, in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable or for any reason as determined at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. NOTE: Certain prize items may carry geographical restrictions for redemption and/or use which are beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor. Each Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein including, but not limited to, transportation and/or accommodation for experiential prizing that cannot be shipped to a winner.
7. WINNER DETERMINATION: On December 14, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. ET a random draw for the Prizes will take place at the offices of the Contest Sponsor in Toronto, Ontario, from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first four entries drawn will each be eligible to win a Prize. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Limit of one (1) Prize per household. In order to be declared a Prize winner and before being awarded a Prize, the potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by BMI.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Contest Sponsor, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each potential winner by e-mail (or telephone where an entrant has voluntarily provided a phone number in their entry form) within one (1) business day after the draw (“Notification”). In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) business days of Notification or fails to respond to the Notification within the time period specified in the Notification, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than December 29, 2017.
9. RELEASE: Each potential winner will be required to sign and return (within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor) a full release and indemnity form stating, among other things, that he/she:
a. has read, understood and complied with these Rules,
b. grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or Contest Sponsor,
c. authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize,
d. accepts the Prize and Prize components as offered, and
e. releases and fully indemnifies the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use, misuse, enjoyment, or exploitation of the Prize or any component thereof.
10. TERMINATION/SUSPENSION/MODIFICATION: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion (subject only to applicable law and the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux) to: (i) cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest; and/or (ii) select winners from the pool of entries received up until such time through the reasonable application (as determined by the Contest Sponsor) of the winner determination procedures detailed in these Rules. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right (subject only to the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux) to modify the Rules if necessary without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof.
11. TAMPERING: The Contest Sponsor reserves its right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find (using any and all available tools and resources as selected by the Contest Sponsor) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest-related information or data that has been tampered with or altered is void.
The Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of Contest-related information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from using, accessing, playing or downloading any material in relation to the Contest.
12. QUEBEC: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
13. CONSTRUCTION: Contest is subject to and will be interpreted according to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations in Canada. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and by the decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries and limit on entries, which shall be final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario without giving effect to its conflict of law rules and provisions. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario. All entrants expressly agree that the Ontario courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and agree to submit to the laws of and the jurisdiction of the federal courts of Canada and provincial courts of the Province of Ontario, and hereby waive the jurisdiction of any other court that now or in the future could be considered competent for any reason. The venue shall only be Toronto, Ontario.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, the website, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English and French version of the Rules, the English version shall prevail. Prizes may not be exactly as shown in Contest promotional materials and may not match items featured on the Marilyn Denis Show.
15. COPYRIGHT/IP: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.