CTV News Ottawa – Win a luxury European River Cruise for 2
Rules & Privacy
CAA & AMA Waterways
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Monday April 23 , 2018 – Saturday May 5, 2018
1. Watch CTV News on CTV News on the local cable or satellite channel in your area from Monday, Apr. 23 , 2018 to Friday, May 4, 2018 to view the Contest spot and watch for the Contest Clue posed during the program(each a “[Contest Clue/Trivia Question]”).
2. To enter the CAA & AMA Waterways Discover Europe (the “Contest”) simply visit the website located at www.ctvottawa.ca (the “Contest Website”), click on the Contest page, complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the Contest page. If you have registered for a CTV Username and password on a previous occasion, you may enter the Contest for a prize by completing the online entry, using your CTV Username and password. If you do not have a CTV Username and password, sign up for one by filling out the online entry form with your first name, last name, home (mailing address), email address, ten digit daytime and evening telephone number and date of birth. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries must include your first and last name, address, email address, age and the correct answer to the Contest Clue posed. Limit of one (1) entry per individual per day. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once per day, all your entries will be void. Contest starts at 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Monday, March 19th , 2018 and closes on Saturday, March 20th , 2018 at 6:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). There is one (1) grand prize (each, a “Prize”) to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited and restricted by law.
3. The contest sponsors are Bell Media Inc. and & CAA & AMA Waterways (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”).
4. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be an Ontario resident and be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. Subject to the age requirement provided above, entrants who are under the age of majority at the date of entry are eligible to enter the Contest and win a prize provided that the parent or legal guardian of the entrant accepts any such prize and the terms and conditions hereof for and on behalf of such entrant. If an entrant is under the age of 16 (but over the age of 13), such entrant will be required to provide the contact email address of his/her parent/legal guardian upon entry. An email will be sent to such parent/legal guardian requesting acceptance of these Rules on behalf of the entrant.
If such acceptance is not received by the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors in their email,
the entrant will not be eligible to enter the Contest and/or submit a Submission.
5. Prize – There is one (1) Prize consisting of a trip for two including:..
Terms & Conditions: Offer is based on availability and is valid for one 7-night cruise in a
Category E Fixed Window stateroom, based on double occupancy. Cruise is valid on select 2018
or 2019 Europe itineraries (excluding Portugal) during the months of March, April, November or
December. Complimentary stateroom must be booked within 60 days of embarkation or on an
advertised FAM, based on specified itineraries/dates listed on certificate. Round trip economy
air fare for two (2) from Ottawa. Must be booked return Ottawa only. Winner will need to
provide own transportation to/from Ottawa. Flights must be economy. Land program, stateroom
upgrades and transfers may be purchased at an additional cost and will be subject to the AMA
Waterways cancellation policy; please ask for details. Port charges, gratuities and onboard
incidentals are not included and are the responsibility of the passenger(s). This cruise certificate
is not exchangeable against other cruises; offer is not combinable with any other promotions
and/or discounts; certificate is non-transferable and has no cash value. To redeem your cruise,
please send a copy of this cruise certificate along with your complete contact information via
email for verification to email@example.com. Based on the specifications listed on your
cruise certificate, please provide up to 3 cruise choices in order of preference. Should all 3
choices be unavailable, we will suggest an alternative cruise date based on the same
6. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not
convertible to cash, except for those that consist of cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to
substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the
Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described
herein. No change in travel arrangements can be made by the winner once the booking has been
confirmed. The Prize may not be used towards any type of frequent flyer mileage, or other
reward point accumulation program.
7. On Monday, May 7th at approximately 11:00 a.m., a random draw for the Prize will take
place at Bell Media Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario from among all eligible entries received during the
Contest Period. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win a Prize. The odds of winning a Prize
will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Bell
Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential winner or, if under the age of
majority, his or her parent or legal guardian, by telephone within two (2) business days after the
draw. In the event the potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the draw,
he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of
identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner
must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question
administered by Bell Media Inc.. Before being awarded a Prize, each Prize winner, and his/her
travelling companion(s), or if under the age of majority, his/her parent or legal guardian, will be
each be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full
release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood
these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, agrees to be available
and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest
Sponsors and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and
disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet
and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment
and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the
awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest
Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of his/her participation in this Contest
and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner or his/her travelling companion(s) do not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest
Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify potential winner and forfeit the prize and draw an
alternate potential winner and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and
discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures
referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with
the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected.
8. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide
by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest,
including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
9. Contest Sponsors assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or
misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No
correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting names of prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included).
Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost,
delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of
any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination
thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason,
in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper
conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify,
amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry (if more than one method of entry), and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors
reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions
hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to
be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Contest Sponsors in their
sole discretion, further reserve their right to terminate the on-line portion, as applicable, of the
Contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries and all other entries (as applicable) previously received during the Contest Period. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest
web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and
civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek
remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held
responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest
including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination
thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from
the Contest web site, where applicable.
10. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
Personal information collected from entrants will be used by Contest Sponsors for the purpose of
administering this Contest and, if consent is given at the time of entry, to provide the entrants
with marketing information relating to new and existing products and upcoming promotions of
CAA by mail or e-mail. Entrants are able to opt in with respect to receiving such marketing
information online. CAA will not sell, share or otherwise disclose personal information of
entrants with third parties, other than to third parties engaged by them to fulfill the above
purposes or as permitted or required by law. By entering the Contest, entrants consent to the
manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information as set out in CAA’s Privacy
policy at http://caaneo.on.ca/.
11. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the
Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials,
including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online
advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
12. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos,
designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and
representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved.
Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the
express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.