Bell Media – Live! With Kelly & Ryan – Win a trip for 2 to Niagara Fall, ON valued at $3,000 USD
Rules & Privacy
LIVE! WITH KELLY & RYAN NIAGARA FALLS GETAWAY CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
May 16, 2017 – May 23, 2017
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
PLEASE NOTE: THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO TRAVEL TO ONTARIO, CANADA BETWEEN SATURDAY JUNE 3, 2017 THROUGH MONDAY, JUNE 5, 2017 AS A CONDITION OF RECEIPT OF THE GRAND PRIZE.
Sponsor – The sponsor of the LIVE! WITH KELLY & RYAN NIAGARA FALLS GETAWAY CONTEST (“Contest”) is Bell Media Inc. (“BMI” or the “Contest Sponsor”).
Prize Provider – The prize provider for the Contest is Disney ABC Home Entertainment and Television Distribution (“Disney”).
Contest Period – The Contest starts at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 16, 2017 and closes at 12:00 p.m. ET on May 23, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
How To Enter – To enter, watch LIVE! with Kelly & Ryan during the Contest Period (excluding weekends) and take note of their guests, then simply visit the web site located at www.marilyn.ca/niagara_falls_getaway, click on the Contest banner and complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the Contest page. All entries must be complete with applicable mandatory information on the entry form including a correct answer to the question, “Name one guest that appeared on LIVE with Kelly & Ryan between May 16 and 23, 2017 (excluding the weekend)”. Limit of one (1) entry per person, per day (where a “Day” begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET – except on May 16, 2017 where “Day” begins at 10:00:01 a.m. ET – and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET – except on May 23, 2017 where “Day” ends at 12:00:00 p.m. pm ET -) of the Contest Period. Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Eligibility – To enter and to be eligible to win, an entrant must be a legal resident of Canada and 19 years of age or older. Employees of BMI, The Walt Disney Company, Disney ABC Television, ABC, LIVE WITH KELLY AND RYAN (collectively, the “Contest Parties”), and each of their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, and the parents, siblings and children of, and persons domiciled with, such employee are ineligible to enter.
By entering this Contest, the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”). All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
Prize – There is one (1) grand prize and three (3) secondary prizes available to be won in Canada, each a “Prize” and together the “Prizes”.
The grand Prize consists of a trip for two (2) (the winner and one travelling companion) to Niagara Fall, ON and includes:
– round trip economy air fare for two (2) from a major Canadian airport closest to the Prize winner’s place
of residence in Canada as determined by Disney in its sole discretion (hereinafter referred to as the “Departure Point”) to Toronto’s Pearson International Airport (“YYZ”);
– Pre-tipped round-trip ground transportation between YYZ and Niagara Falls, ON;
– two (2) nights accommodation (based on one (1) room, double occupancy) at lodgings in or around
Niagara Falls, ON to be chosen by Disney at its sole discretion;
– 2 x VIP seats at LIVE’s “NIAGARA FALLS SHOW” from Oaks Garden Theatre, Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada
on Monday, June 5, 2017 (taping schedule subject to change at Disney’s sole discretion); and
– One (1) x $250 credit card gift card
(collectively, the “Grand Prize”).
Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $3,000.00 USD based on a Vancouver, British Columbia Departure Point. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize as may be stated in advertising or other promotion materials, and/or these Rules, are subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, the passage of time between the date the respective approximate retail value is stated by the Contest Sponsor and the date the respective prize is awarded or redeemed, and/or the proximity of the winner’s city of residence to the destination. If, at the time the Grand Prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for the Grand Prize is less than the approximate retail value stated in advertising and promotion materials, and/or in these Rules, the Grand Prize winner will not be entitled to any difference.
Any and all terms and conditions of the credit card gift card, as determined at the sole discretion of the issuer, shall apply.
In the event that the Grand Prize winner resides within a 250 km radius of the Niagara Fall, ON official limits, the Grand Prize is deemed not to include airfare and ground transportation will be provided in lieu thereof, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. The winner is not entitled to any difference in Grand Prize value in such case and no cash will be provided in lieu of airfare.
TRAVEL COMPANION CONDITIONS: In order to participate in the Grand Prize, the travelling companion must:
o be in full compliance with these Rules;
o be a legal resident of Canada;
o be 19 years of age or older;
o sign and return (within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor) a full release and indemnity form stating the terms outlined in section 9 below.
The Grand Prize winner may be required to provide a credit card to the lodgings upon check-in for incidental charges. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein, including, without limitation, as applicable, taxes, fuel/currency surcharges, additional ground transportation, meals and beverages, room service, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, insurance, any required travel documentation, all personal expenses of any kind or nature, and any overnight layover. Travel dates will be determined by Disney at its sole discretion. No change in travel arrangements can be made by the Prize winner once his/her booking has been confirmed. The Grand Prize may not be used towards any type of frequent flyer mileage, or other reward point accumulation program. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion must be able to travel at the times and dates on the same itinerary as determined by Disney, in its sole discretion and authority, failing which the Grand Prize will be forfeited. Departure dates and accommodation are subject to availability and change without notice or compensation. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are also solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from their places of residence and the Departure Point as the Grand Prize originates and terminates there. It is the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion to obtain all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas, and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements, as applicable. It is recommended that the Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion obtain sufficient personal travel, health, and other insurance prior to departure.
Where applicable, individuals who have voluntarily excluded themselves from Ontario gaming sites and who have not been reinstated are not permitted to enter the casino or redeem a prize from the casino.
Each secondary prize consists of “LIVE! With Kelly & Ryan” tote bag, mug, and hat merchandise (each a
“Secondary Prize”) with an approximate retail value of $40 USD each (total approximate retail value of all Secondary Prizes, $120 USD).
Prize Substitution – Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. The Contest Sponsor and Disney reserve the right to substitute any Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of a Prize is unavailable.
Winner Determination – On May 23, 2017 at approximately 12:05 p.m. ET, a random draw for the Prizes will take place at BMI, in Toronto, Ontario from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win the Grand Prize. The second, third, and fourth entries drawn will each be eligible to win a Secondary Prize. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period with due regard to the frequency of entries submitted by a person in accordance with the limit on entries stated in these Rules. BMI, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential Prize winners by telephone and/or email immediately after the draw (“Winner Notification”). In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted within 5 hours of Winner Notification by BMI (including failing to reply to the Winner Notification) or, if contacted, does not meet all of the Contest conditions outlined in these Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified. In such case, and at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, an alternate potential winner may be drawn from among all remaining eligible entries whom BMI will attempt to contact and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, each potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by BMI. Before being awarded (and in the case of the Grand Prize winner, and being permitted to participate in, the Grand Prize) a Prize, each winner will be required to sign and return, within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating the terms outlined in section 9 below.
In the event that a potential winner (or his/her travelling companion in the case of the Grand Prize) do not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, the Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner and draw an alternate potential winner (as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until each qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later than 5 p.m. ET on May 24, 2017 for the Grand Prize winner and no later than 5 p.m. ET on June 2, 2017 for the Secondary Prizes.
9. Release And Publicity: Before being awarded (and in the case of the Grand Prize, being permitted to participate in,) a Prize, each Prize winner (and his/her travelling companion in the case of the Grand Prize) will be required to sign and return, within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she (i) has read and understood these Rules, (ii) grants all consents required by the Contest Sponsor and/or Disney, (iii) agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or Disney and/or similar matters, (iv) authorizes the Contest Sponsor and Disney to broadcast, publish and disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes in connection with this Contest at no additional compensation to the winner (nor his/her travelling companion in the case of the Grand Prize), beyond the awarding of (and participation in, where applicable) the Prize, (v) accepts the Prize as offered (in the capacity of the winner or travelling companion, as the case may be), and (vi) agrees to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless the Contest Parties from any and all liability of any kind arising out of his/her participation in this Contest and receipt and use of a Prize (in the capacity of the winner or travelling companion, as the case may be).
10. Tampering – Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated maximum number of entries by
using multiple/different names, email addresses, identities, registrations, logins, robotic, macro, script, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest entry services) or any other methods will void that person’s entries and eligibility to win a Prize and that participant will be disqualified from the Contest and, at the sole discretion of Disney and the Contest Sponsor, any of the Contest Sponsor’s and/or Disney’s other promotions. All entries that are incorrect, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of these Rrules will be disqualified. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner (such as is described above) by using or relying on any evidence or other information made available to, or otherwise discovered by, the Contest Sponsor. Any attempts to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. The Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for garbled, illegible, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries (which will be void and ineligible as entries), mail, voice messages, or e-mails, incorrect or inaccurate capture of entrant information, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors related to this Contest, failure of the internet, any operating system, app or website during the Contest, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or data network or lines, computer line or network systems, servers, access providers, computer or mobile device equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet, mobile data network, or at any website or app, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from using, accessing, playing or downloading any material in relation to the Contest.
11. Termination/Modification – If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion but with the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right (subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux) to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from among all eligible entries received up until the time of cancelation, termination, modification, amendment, extension or suspension. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof.
12. Privacy –
13. QUEBEC: For Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest
may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
14. Construction: Contest is subject to and will be interpreted according to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations in Canada. By entering this Contest each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and by the decisions of the Contest Sponsor, which shall be final on all matters relating to the Contest. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario without giving effect to its conflict of law rules and provisions. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario. All entrants expressly agree that the Ontario courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and agree to submit to the laws of and the jurisdiction of the federal courts of Canada and provincial courts of the Province of Ontario, and hereby waive the jurisdiction of any other court that now or in the future could be considered competent for any reason. The venue shall only be Toronto, Ontario.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of the Rules, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
15. TM/IP/Copyright – All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned or licensed by the Contest Parties and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.