Beachcomber Hot Tubs – Win a Home Gym – Win 1 of 3 home fitness machines valued at up to $3,795
Win A Home Gym Sweepstakes
1. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. The contest is sponsored by Beachcomber Hot Tubs Inc. (the “Sponsor”) The contest starts at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on March 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on April 15, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). To enter the contest, eligible entrants must either: (1) purchase a Beachcomber hot tub at an authorized dealer during the Contest Period, or (2) send a 50-word original handwritten essay on “The Benefits of Hydrotherapy” to the Sponsor at email@example.com during the Contest Period. Only one entry per person will be permitted regardless of the method of entry. For the purposes of this contest, the entrant is the person whose name appears as the purchaser on the purchase order. It is this individual to whom the prize will be awarded if selected and declared a winner.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a resident of Canada, excluding residents of the Province of Québec, and have reached the age of majority in his or her province or territory of residence at the time of their contest entry. The employees, representatives and agents of the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotional agencies as well as family members of the aforementioned persons and those persons with whom they are domiciled are not eligible to enter this contest. The term “family members” includes a parent, a child, a sibling or the spouse of the aforementioned persons.
3. PRIZE(S): There will be a total of three (3) prizes available to be won:
Bowflex TC20 Treadclimber (approx. retail value $3,795.00)
Bowflex Max Trainer (approx. retail value $2,295.00)
Extreme 2 SE Home Gym (approx. retail value $2,195.00)
Prizes must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, and are not transferable or convertible to cash and not for resale. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute another prize or component of the prize (or cash equivalent) of equal or greater value without liability in the event that a prize or any component of a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
4. WINNER SELECTION: A random draw will be held at approximately 12:00 a.m. ET on April 16, 2017 at 1111-100 Park Royal S, West Vancouver, BC, V7T 1A2 to select the potential winners of the prizes as follows: (i) the first entrant selected will have the choice of either of the three (3) prizes; (ii) the second entrant selected will have the choice of the two (2) remaining prizes; and (iii) the third entrant selected will be offered the last remaining prize. The selected entrants will be contacted by the Sponsor by email within one day of the random draw. Odds of being selected for a prize depend on the number of eligible purchases made and entries received during the Contest Period.
Before being declared a winner, each selected entrant must (1) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, the mathematical skill-testing question on the declaration and release form, and (2) sign a declaration and release form which releases the shareholders, directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents of the Sponsor and its affiliates and advertising and promotional agencies as well as their respective successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability arising from the contest or the prize being awarded (the “Declaration and Release Form”). Each Declaration and Release Form must be returned within the time period specified on the Declaration and Release Form or the prize may be forfeited. The Sponsor will contact each confirmed winner within three days of receipt of the signed Declaration and Release Form to arrange for delivery of the prize.
In the event that (1) a selected entrant of a prize cannot be reached within three days of the random draw, (2) the answer to the mathematical skill-testing question is incorrect, and/or (3) the selected entrant does not sign and return the Declaration and Release Form noted above within the time period specified on such document, the selected entrant’s entry will be declared void and another entry will be randomly drawn in accordance with these Official Rules.
5. INDEMNIFICATION: By participating, entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, causes of action, demands, loss, injury, damage or liability whatsoever which may arise or occur in connection with or as a result of: (i) the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, (ii) administration of the contest or (iii) participation in this contest or any related activity.
6. LIMIT OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND TERMINATION: To the extent permitted by law, the Sponsor is not responsible for, and entrants assume any and all risks and/or liability associated with: (a) any typographical or other errors in the printing, offering or description of the prize or any other materials produced in connection with the contest; (b) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, falsified, incomplete, mutilated, destroyed or illegible entries; (c) any loss, injury, damage or liability whatsoever which may arise or occur in connection with or as a result of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, the administration of the contest or participation in this content or any related activity[; (d) electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials or for technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entries by the Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof]. It is highly recommended that prize winners consult a physician or other healthcare provider and follow all safety instructions accompanying their prize prior to using their prize. Entrants acknowledge and understand the inherent risks associated with use of the prizes, including risks of personal injury and possible accidents, and expose themselves to such risks of their own free will and knowledge. If, for any reason, the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest is corrupted or affected, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. In addition, if for any reason, in its sole discretion, the Sponsor determines that the contest should not or cannot be run as planned, Sponsor may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. In no case will the Sponsor be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Official Rules or award prizes other than in accordance with these Official Rules.
By participating, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, photographs and/or any statement submitted with the entrants’ entry in any advertisement, publicity or promotion carried out by the Sponsor or its authorized agents in connection with the contest in any and all venues or media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission or notification.
8. GENERAL RULES: By entering the contest, entrants agree to abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the contest, which are final and binding.
The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is incomplete, misdirected, falsified, mutilated, illegible, fraudulent, late, or copied. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person who enters or attempts to enter this Contest in a way contrary to these Official Rules or unfair to other entrants or whom the Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this contest.
This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrant(s).
All entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor and shall not be returned.
A list of winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed envelope to 1111-100 Park Royal S., West Vancouver, BC V7T 1A2 on or prior to May 1st, 2017.