Subway – Get Your Game On – Win 1 of 150 Subway gift cards valued at $25 each
Subway® “Get Your Game On” Contest
Dates: March 4, 2019 – March 17, 2019
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK.
1. SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR: Subway Franchisee Canadian Advertising Trust (“SFCAT”) will serve as the sponsor (“Sponsor”) of the Subway®“Get Your Game On” Contest (“Contest”). Veritas Communications (“Administrator”) will serve as the administrator of the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal residents of Canada, who are the age of majority or older in the province or territory of residence at the time of entry, and who reside in Canada. You need not be present to win. Employees, officers, directors, agents or representatives (and their immediate families or those living in the same household) of Sponsor, Administrator, Subway Franchise Systems of Canada, ULC, Doctor’s Associates LLC, Franchise World Headquarters, LLC, Subway IP LLC, Subway®Restaurants, Subway®Franchisees and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parent and related companies, suppliers, printers and advertising, promotional and judging agencies are not eligible to enter or win. In these Official Rules, “immediate family” means mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and/or legal or common-law spouse, regardless of where they reside. Groups, clubs, organizations, businesses and commercial and non-commercial entities cannot participate. An “Entrant” is an eligible person who submits an entry in accordance with these Official Rules.
3. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins March 4, 2019, 12:01 a.m., E.S.T., and ends March 17, 2019 at 3:59 p.m., E.S.T. (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s servers govern for time in all matters related to the Contest.
4. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter this Contest only via the entry methods described below (an “Entry”). All Entries must be received by 3:59 p.m., E.S.T., of the last day of the Contest Period (March 17, 2019), regardless of the method of entry. Proof of depositing entry in mail is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced Entries will be accepted. Illegible, incomplete and duplicate Entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted from post office boxes. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
a. FACEBOOK & SCREENSHOT ENTRY METHOD: This Contest takes place on Facebook and requires you to have a valid user account with Facebook to enter using this method. You may enter this Contest by completing all the following steps: (a) following Subway®Canada’s page on Facebook (the “Subway®Canada Facebook Page”), (b) viewing a graphics interchange format (“gif”) image (the “GIF”) indicated by the Sponsor or Administrator on the Subway®Canada Facebook Page, (c) screenshotting a picture of the GIF in which three matching images clearly appear, and (d) posting the screenshot taken of the GIF with three matching images to the Subway®Canada Facebook Page and tagging the Subway®Canada Facebook account in your post. You may set up a free Facebook account by visiting http://www.facebook.com. All posts must comply with the Facebook Terms of Service which can be found at http://www.facebook.com. Entrants cannot submit an Entry in which any third party is visible or a screenshot taken by a third party. Such Entries will be disqualified.
b. EMAIL ENTRY METHOD:Alternatively, you may enter the Contest by email by typing the words “Subway®”Get Your Game On” Contest” in the subject line and including your name, age, address, city, province, postal code and telephone number in the body of the email and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. All email entries must be received and processed by the Administrator on or before 3:59 p.m. E.S.T. on the last day of the Contest Period (March 17, 2019).
c. MAIL-IN ENTRY METHOD:Alternatively, you may enter the Contest by hand-printing the words Subway®”Get Your Game On” Contest, your name, age, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and e-mail address (if applicable) on a 3” x 5” card and mailing it in an envelope to: Subway®”Get Your Game On” Contest c/o Veritas Communications, 370 King Street West, Suite 800, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 1J9. Mail-in entries will be entered to win a Prize for the day in which they were received and processed by the Administrator. All mail-in entries must be received and processed by the Administrator on or before 3:59 p.m. E.S.T. on the last day of the Contest Period (March 17, 2019).
Each Entrant may only use one (1) email address to participate in this Contest, and such email address may only be used by one (1) individual, regardless of whether the email address is shared by two or more people. Should a dispute arise regarding the identity of the Entrant, the authorized account holder of said email address or Facebook account at the time of entry will be considered the Entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an account by http://www.facebook.com or, in the case of an e-mail address, the “authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an e-mail address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address or Facebook account associated with the entry to be confirmed a winner. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
If it is discovered that an Entrant has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple e-mail addresses, Facebook accounts, telephone numbers, multiple identities, IP addresses, use of proxy servers or any other method of unauthorized entry, all in Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s sole and absolute discretion, all of that Entrant’s entries will be declared null and void, Entrant will be disqualified from the Contest and any Prize that Entrant might have been entitled to receive will not be awarded to him/her. Entries that are late, lost, illegible, duplicated, mechanically reproduced, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular in the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or Administrator, that have been submitted or generated using robotic, programmed, script, or any other automated means, or illicit means, or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in the Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor and/or Administrator in its sole and absolute discretion, may be judged void and disqualified. All Entries must be appropriate for the Contest and all ages (i.e. no indecent, obscene, profane, hateful, discriminatory, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, or infringing remarks or pictures), in good taste, and in keeping with the Sponsor’s and Administrator’s image as determined by such parties in their sole discretion.
LIMIT: Regardless of entry method, there is a limit of one (1) Entry per person, per household and per email address and/or Facebook account during the Contest Period. If it is discovered that an Entrant has entered or attempted to enter the Contest more than one (1) time, all of that Entrant’s entries will be declared null and void, Entrant will be disqualified from the Contest and any Prize that Entrant might have been entitled to receive will not be awarded to him/her.
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be up to one-hundred fifty (150) prizes awarded. Each prize (each a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”) consists solely of up to one (1) CAD $25 Subway®gift card. ARV of each Prize is CAD $25 and there are one-hundred fifty (150) available to be won.
ARV for all Prizes is CAD $3,750.
Sponsor funds will be used to purchase the Prizes for this Program.
Limit of one (1) Prize per household address.
6. RANDOM DRAWINGS AND WINNER CONFIRMATION: On March 11, 2019 and March 17, 2019, the Administrator will conduct a random draw from all entries received and shall select Entrants who are eligible for a Prize (each a “Selected Entrant”). The Administrator, in its sole discretion, will select seventy-five (75) Selected Entrants on March 11, 2019 and seventy-five (75) Selected Entrants on March 17, 2019 (each a “Drawing Date”).
Selected Entrants will be contacted via a direct message to the Entrant’s Facebook account by Subway® Canada (if Facebook entry), or via the telephone number and/or e-mail address provided at the time of entry (if email or mail Entry). That message will ask the Selected Entrants to contact the Administrator via a private Facebook direct message or via telephone in order to claim the applicable Prize. Each Selected Entrant must respond within three (3) days, or he/she will be disqualified without any liability to the Sponsor, and his/her eligibility to receive a Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) from among the remaining Entries received, unless no further entries are available then the Prize will not be awarded. Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a Selected Entrant, including any direct messages not received and/or responded to within the required time frame because the Selected Entrant has set his/her account to protected or private mode, or for other technical reasons.
Winner Confirmation: Each Selected Entrant will be contacted pursuant to the methods described above within ten (10) business days of the applicable draw. To be confirmed a winner, each Selected Entrant must: (a) contact the Administrator within three (3) days of being notified that the Entrant is a Selected Entrant, (b) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by phone/e or through other means of correspondence (in the Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s sole discretion), (c) confirm compliance with the Official Rules, (d) execute and return within five (5) days a Declaration of Compliance with Contest Rules and Liability Release/Consent to Publicity Form releasing the Released Parties, as set out below, and consenting (except where prohibited by law) to the use of the winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, comments, city and province of residence, and biographical information (e.g. age) for any future promotional activity related to the Contest, as set out below, and (e) provide proof of identification upon request. If a Selected Entrant cannot be contacted, does not respond to the notification, is unable to answer the skill-testing question correctly within the allowed time period, fails to return the any required documents within the specified time period, or if the Selected Entrant is found to be not in compliance with these Official Rules or declines acceptance of a Prize for any reason, or if any document, Prize or notification, is returned as undeliverable, his/her entitlement to the Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, the Prize may be awarded to an alternate Entrant, subject to winner confirmation. In such a case, or in the event that a Prize can’t be awarded, neither the Selected Entrant, nor any other person, shall have any claim against Sponsor arising out of or connected to the disqualification or any other matter related to the Contest.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning a Prize are equal regardless of method of entry and depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Contest before each Drawing Date, as chosen by the Sponsor and/or Administrator in their sole discretion. If for any reason no Entries are received, then the Prizes will not be awarded.
8. Prize conditions: No substitution for any Prize will be permitted. If necessary due to unavailability of the Prize, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the discretion of the Sponsor. Prize is not transferable, substitutable, dividable, assignable or redeemable for cash.
9. CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION IN CONTEST: By entering the Contest, Entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Contest or the website. The Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and Canada and, by entering, all winners and Entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Ontario, Canada. As a condition of entering this Contest, each Entrant agrees that, to the maximum extent permitted by law: (a) under no circumstances will the Entrant be entitled or permitted to obtain awards for, and the Entrant expressly waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than actual, out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, and in no event shall attorney’s fees be recoverable by either party; and (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSOR OR THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties (as defined herein) accept no responsibility for and each Entrant releases and holds harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all losses, damages, actions, demands, liabilities or claims of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the Prize or any portion thereof or this Contest. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry or entries, errors in calculations, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due or any combination thereof.
11. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, winners and Entrants (and the parent or legal guardian thereof if a winner or Entrant is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Subway Franchise Systems of Canada, ULC, Doctor’s Associates LLC, Franchise World Headquarters, LLC, Subway IP LLC, Subway®Restaurants, Subway®Franchisees, and each of their respective affiliated entities, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders and principals, employees, representatives, agents and franchisees (collectively, “Released Parties”), from and against any claims made by any winners and Entrants or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Contest, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest or any related activity. winners and Entrants (and the parent or legal guardian thereof if the winner or Entrant is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or acceptance, use or redemption of any Prize.
12. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The following are conditions to winning a Prize and additional terms and conditions binding on Entrants and winners:
a. All federal, provincial, local tax liabilities and any applicable fees associated with accepting a Prize or participation in this Contest are the sole responsibility of the winners.
b. If the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to terminate, modify, amend and/or suspend the Contest and/or the Official Rules without prior notice.
c. By entering this Contest, Entrant hereby consents (except where prohibited by law) to the reasonable use by Sponsor of the Entrants’ photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, hometown address, contents of the entry form and the name and age of the Entrants without any further compensation for any future promotional activity related to this Contest.
d. Decisions of Sponsor and/or Administrator are final with respect to determination of winners and all matters with respect to the conduct of the Contest.
e. By participating in this Program, Entrants and winners agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator. By entering the Contest, Entrants acknowledge that they have read and understood the Official Rules, and agreed to abide and be bound by them, and the decisions of the Administrator and/or Sponsor, including their decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these Official Rules, made in their sole and absolute discretion, shall be final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Contest and the awarding of the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into except with Selected Entrants and Prize winners.
13. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: By participating in the Contest, eligible Entrant hereby consents to Sponsor’s, Administrator’s or authorized agents’ collection, use, and disclosure of Entrants’ personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest and Prize fulfillment. Entrant acknowledges that he/she has read, understood and accepted the Sponsor’s Privacy Statement, which provides more information about Sponsor’s privacy practices and is located at http://www.subway.com/en-ca/legal/privacystatement-fwh.
Entrants may be offered the optional opportunity to receive coupons, newsletters, informational materials, marketing communications, or other special promotions, or other offers from Sponsor, affiliates within the Subway® Group, and/or third-party service providers. Entrants will not be contacted for marketing purposes unless they have provided their express consent.
By accepting a Prize, winner agrees to Sponsor’s and Administrator’s use of his/her name, city/province of residence, picture, biographical information, statements, voice and likeness in any advertising and publicity Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective successors, assigns and licensees may conduct relating to the Contest in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the Internet, at any time or times in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice, and hereby releases Released Parties from any liability with respect thereto. Winners may be required to sign a further release regarding the grant of these publicity rights.
15. WINNERS LIST AND OFFICIAL RULES: You may obtain copies of the Official Rules or a list of winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope that reads: winners List – or – Official Rules, Veritas Communications, 370 King Street West, Suite 800, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 1J9; all requests must be received within six (6) months after the end of the Contest Period.
16. RULES GOVERN: The Contest will be run in accordance with these Official Rules in English, which shall prevail, govern and control in the event of any inconsistency with any Contest-related materials including but not limited to French Rules.
17. CHANGES TO CONTEST, RULE, ETC.: Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for Québec, to terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest or to amend the Official Rules at any time, without prior individual notice, and for any reason. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, such as tampering, the Contest does not run as originally planned, Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie for Québec, to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries.
18. FOR QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
19. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, designs, Contest materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, logos, slogans and representations are owned by either Sponsor and/or their respective affiliates or authorized licensors. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted materials or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW AND IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL PROVINCIAL/TERRITORIAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS.
Ó2019 Subway®is a Registered Trademark of Subway IP LLC. ©Subway IP LLC. All rights reserved.
[These abbreviated rules are to be used as the disclaimer in ad copy, signage, entry forms, point of sale materials, email messages, direct mail pieces, audio and video scripts, etc.]
Subway®”Get Your Game On” CONTEST
Dates: March 4, 2019 – March 17, 2019
POP/IN-STORE SIGNAGE ABBREVIATED
Abbreviated Rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate, you must be a legal resident of Canada and be the age of majority or older in the province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Limit: One (1) entry per person / account or email address. Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. E.S.T. on March 4, 2019, and ends at 3:59 p.m. E.S.T. on March 17, 2019. One-hundred fifty (150) prizes are available to be won and consist solely of one (1) CAD $25 Subway® gift card (ARV CAD $25). Random draws will be held on March 11, 2019 and March 17, 2019. There will be seventy-five (75) winners selected on March 11, 2019 and seventy-five (75) winners selected on March 17, 2019 Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Contest, as chosen by the Sponsor and/or Administrator in their sole discretion. Selected entrants must be confirmed as a winner, including correctly answering a mathematical skill-testing question. For complete details see Official Rules available at Veritas Communications, 370 King Street West, Suite 800, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 1J9, and participating Subway® Restaurants. Sponsor: Subway Franchisee Canadian Advertising Trust (“SFCAT”).
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW AND IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL PROVINCIAL/TERRITORIAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK.
Ó2019 Subway®is a Registered Trademark of Subway IP LLC. ©Subway IP LLC. All rights reserved.