Second Harvest – For the Love of Food Challenge – Win 1 of 3 grand prizes of a blender valued at $500 each OR 1 of 10 minor prizes
Second Harvest presents “For the Love of Food Challenge” Contest
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE OR DONATION WILL NOT IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER INCREASE OR OTHERWISE IMPACT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Standard data rates apply to participants who choose to participate in the Contest via a mobile device. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
1. AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THE OFFICIAL RULES: By submitting an entry into this Contest, you are signifying your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by these Official Rules (the “Rules”).
2. CONTEST PERIOD: Second Harvest presents “For the Love of Food Challenge” Contest (the “Contest”) begins on April 18, 2018 at 12:00:01 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on June 11, 2018 at 11:59:59 a.m. EST (the “Contest Period”). There are four (4) phases during the Contest Period including a Pledge Period and a Survey Period.
a. Phase 1 – Pledge Period: Participants can submit a pledge (“Pledges”) between 12:00:01 p.m. EST on April 18, 2018 and 11:59:59 a.m. EST on May 22, 2018 (the “Pledge Period”). All Pledges must be received on or before 11:59:59 a.m. EST on May 22, 2018 (the “Pledge Closing Date”).
b. Phase 2 – Pledge Random Draw: Random draws will be held on May 25, 2018 to award three (3) participants a Pledge Prize (as defined in Rule 7 below).
c. Phase 3 – Survey Period: Participants who submitted a Pledge during the Pledge Period and have agreed to receive a one-time email from the Sponsor will be sent an email on or around Friday May 25, 2018. The email will contain a Survey. In order to have a chance to win a Survey Prize the Survey must be completed between 9:00:00 a.m. EST on May 25, 2018 and 11:59:59 a.m. EST on June 11, 2018 (the “Survey Period”). All surveys must be received on or before 11:59:59 a.m. EST on June 11, 2018 (the “Survey Closing Date”). If you did not submit a Pledge regretfully you can’t participate in the Survey Period.
d. Phase 4 – Survey Random Draw: Random draws will be held on June 20, 2018 to award ten (10) Survey Prizes amongst those that completed a survey (as defined in Rule 7 below).
4. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter: (i) go to https://www.facebook.com/SecondHarvestTO (the “Website”); (ii) log-in to your Account; (iii) click on the Contest Tab; (iv) and select, the Contest Application (the “Application”). Complete the Official Contest Entry Form (the “Entry Form”) with all required information; and (iii) signify your agreement that you have reached the age of majority in the province of Ontario; (iv) signify your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules; (v) signify your agreement that you would like to receive a one-time email from the Sponsor in regards to this Contest. Optional: check the box to indicate that you would like to receive future promotional communications from the Sponsor. (IMPORTANT NOTE: It is not necessary to opt-in to receive promotional communications from the Sponsor, and you can opt-out of receiving promotional communications from the Sponsor at any time without impacting your chances of winning in this Contest). Once you have fully completed the Entry Form with all required information and have agreed to the Rules, select “Enter” button to submit your completed Pledge and be eligible to earn one (1) Entry (each, an “Entry” and collectively the “Entries”). To be eligible, your Entry must be submitted and received in accordance with these Rules. All eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules will receive a “Thank you” message.
5. ENTRY LIMITS: ENTRY LIMIT: There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person during the Pledge Period. If your entry was submitted in accordance with the Pledge Period and you received a Survey email, there is a limit of one (1) completed Survey Entry per person during the Survey Period. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can only use one (1) Account to enter the Contest. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, an entrant can only use one (1) email address and all personal information provided must be truthful and accurate. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) Entry during the Pledge Period and Survey Period; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses, Accounts and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) and/or any other means not in keeping with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and/or spirit of these Rules to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Your Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) the Entry Form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received in accordance with these Rules. The Sponsor, Contest Parties, Facebook Inc., and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for, and accept no liability whatsoever in relation to, any late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries and/or other information (all of which is void).
6. VERIFICATION: All Entries, Surveys and entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry, Survey and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification of the entrant and any or all of his/her Entries in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Proof of transmission (post-marks, screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission of a submission or of attempted submission of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt by the Contest computers or Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the official time-keeping device(s) used by the Sponsor
7. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: There will be a total of thirteen (13) prizes (each, a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”) available to be won during the Contest Period. Prizes may not be exactly as show.
a. Pledge Prizes: There will be a total of three (3) Pledge Prizes (each, a “Pledge Prize” and collectively, the “Pledge Prizes”) available to be won. Each Pledge Prize consists of a blender (features: 2L/64oz PBA free low profile container, stainless-steel blade, 2.2. Peak HP motor; pulse features and 10 variable speeds). Approximate retail value of each Pledge Prize is $500.00 CDN.
b. Survey Prizes: There will be a total of ten (10) Survey Prizes (each, a “Survey Prize” and collectively, the “Survey Prizes”) available to be won. Each Survey Prize consists of a $100.00 pre-paid gift card as selected by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Approximate retail value of each Survey Prize is $100.00 CDN. Gift cards will be subject to the Term and Conditions imposed by the issuer. Gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise. If a purchase exceeds the value of the gift card, the winner will be responsible for any amount due which is over the value of the gift card (or the available balance at the time of purchase) (including applicable taxes). If any purchase does not exceed the gift card value, the remaining available balance will not be paid in cash to the winner but will remain on the gift card.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a Prize or a component thereof with an item or items of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, a cash award. Prizes will only be awarded to the person whose verifiable full name and valid email address appears on the Entry Form and Survey associated with the Entry in question. By accepting an applicable Prize, each confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if his/her applicable Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part. Prize winners are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. It is anticipated that each applicable Prize will be sent to the confirmed winner’s address as indicated on his/her Entry Form and Survey within thirty (30) days of receipt of the Sponsor’s declaration and release form and confirmation of the eligible winner as a winner in accordance with these Rules. There is a limit of one (1) Pledge Prize per household. There is a limit of one (1) Survey Prize per household. All Pledge Prize winners are eligible to win a Survey Prize should the entrant complete the survey.
None of the Released Parties makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of an applicable Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each confirmed winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from either the Sponsor or any of the other Released Parties should his/her applicable Prize or any portion thereof fails to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by accepting the applicable Prize, each confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Sponsor and all of the other Released Parties if his/her applicable Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
8. WINNER SELECTION PROCESS AND ODDS OF WINNING:
a. Pledge Draw: A random draw will be held in Toronto, ON at approximately 3:00 p.m. EST on May 25, 2018 (the “Pledge Draw Date”). Three (3) eligible entrants will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries that were submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Pledge Period. The odds of winning a Pledge Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Pledge Period.
b. Survey Draw: A random draw will be held in Toronto, ON at approximately 3:00 p.m. EST on June 20, 2018 (the “Survey Draw Date”). Ten (10) eligible entrants will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries/Surveys that were submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Survey Contest Period. The odds of winning a Survey Prize depend on the number of eligible Surveys submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Survey Period
9. ELIGIBLE WINNER NOTIFICATION AND CONFIRMATION PROCEDURES: The Sponsor or its designated representative will attempt to contact each eligible winner by email (using the information provided on the Entry Form within five (5) business days of the applicable Draw Date. The Released Parties will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact an eligible winner. If any eligible winner cannot be contacted as outlined above, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries for the applicable Prize submitted and received in accordance with these Rules (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner).
NO ONE IS A WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL THE SPONSOR OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS HIM/HER AS A WINNER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES. BEFORE BEING DECLARED AS A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, each eligible winner will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be administered online, by email or other electronic means, by telephone, or in the Sponsor’s form of declaration and release); and (b) sign and return within five (5) business days of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof; (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, city/province/territory, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet (including, but not limited to, any social media platforms). If an eligible winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the applicable Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries for the applicable Prize submitted and received in accordance with these Rules (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner).
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
· All Entries/Surveys become the property of the Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries/Survey and/or entrants. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE SPONSOR’S INTERPRETATION OF THE LETTER AND/OR SPIRIT OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
· The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the Website and/or any platform(s); (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry/Survey, and/or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (v) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a winner or eligible winner; and/or (v) any combination of the above.
· In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry/Survey, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the Pledge to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry in question.
· The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or failure of any kind whatsoever. Any attempt to damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
· The Sponsor reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent deemed necessary by the Sponsor, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant, Entry, Survey and/or other information with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
· In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Entry Form, Website, point of sale, television, print or online advertising and/or any instructions or interpretations of these Rules given by any representative of the Sponsor; the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
· The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
· To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, Sponsor or any of the other Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Ontario in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Rules or relating to this Contest.