Nissan – Win 1 of 3 Nissan Service Gift Card valued at $5,000 CDN each
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The 2018 Nissan Owner Appreciation Event Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Nissan Canada Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and administered by The Marketing Store Worldwide, L.P. (the “Administrator”). The Sweepstakes starts at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on March 31, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). These Official Rules are also available at www.NissanOwnerEvent.ca
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at time of entry and who are current owners or are currently leasing a Nissan vehicle as of January 31, 2018 (each a “Participant”). This Sweepstakes is not open to employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of the Sponsor, the Administrator, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and production agencies (collectively the “Released Parties”), and each of the foregoing’s respective immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein, including to correctly answering a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether electronic, mechanical or other (“Skill-Testing Question”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: Participation involves use of your Vehicle Identification Number (“VIN”), a Personal Identification Number (“PIN”) or link within an email invitation from the Sponsor (“Registration Email”). You can participate with a computer or with a web-enabled mobile device.* Official Rules are available at www.NissanOwnerEvent.ca.
A. If you receive a Registration Email from the Sponsor: click on the registration link within the Registration Email to go directly to a page that confirms you have received one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entry”).
B. If you receive a Direct Mail Invitation with a PIN included from the Sponsor: use the PIN found in the invitation to register at www.NissanOwnerEvent.ca (the “Official Website”) during the Promotion Period to receive one (1) Sweepstakes Entry.
C. If you did not receive a Registration Email or Direct Mail Invitation from the Sponsor: If you are a current Nissan owner or lessee who has reached the age of majority in their province/territory and who has a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance, but did not receive the Registration Email (with link) or Direct Mail Invitation (with PIN), you can use your VIN to register on the Official Website. Upon visiting the Official Website (www.NissanOwnerEvent.ca), you will be asked to enter the VIN from your current Nissan, and then you must complete the registration form by entering your first and last name, street address, city, province/territory, postal code, and email address. You will then be asked to check a box to indicate that you have read the Official Rules, and to check a box to indicate that you have reached the age of majority in your province/territory of residence. The Sweepstakes Entry form will ask whether you wish to opt in to receive emails from Nissan about the Promotion or other items of interest. You are NOT required to “opt in” to receive such emails (whether specific to the Promotion or for Sponsor communications generally) in order to participate in the Promotion and your decision whether (or not) to do so will not affect your chances of winning. You can opt out from receiving any such emails by clicking on the “opt-out” message found at the bottom of any email message. At the completion of the process just described (“Registration”), you will then click “SUBMIT” to receive one (1) Sweepstakes Entry.
*TEXT & DATA CHARGES MAY APPLY TO A SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY VIA WEB-ENABLED MOBILE DEVICE. CONSULT YOUR WIRELESS CARRIER’S RATE PLAN FOR DETAILS BEFORE SEEKING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION VIA WEB-ENABLED MOBILE DEVICE. Not all mobile devices may be used for participation in the Promotion; wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas.
All Sweepstakes Entries must be received during the Promotion Period. Following the receipt of your Sweepstakes Entry, you will receive a confirmation from the Sponsor acknowledging their receipt of your Sweepstakes Entry (a “Confirmation ID”). Limit of one (1) Sweepstakes Entry per Eligible Participant/email address/VIN/PIN/Confirmation ID for the entire Promotion Period. Confirmation ID may be used only by the person to whom it was provided by Sponsor; VIN may only be used by the current owner (or lessee) of the applicable vehicle. VINs and Confirmation IDs cannot be transferred, purchased, sold or exchanged and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit. Improper use of VIN, PIN and/or Confirmation ID may result in disqualification. Proof of submission of Sweepstakes Entry does NOT constitute proof of receipt. Multiple Participants are not permitted to share the same email address, PIN or VIN. Any attempt by any Participant to obtain more than one  Sweepstakes Entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Participant’s Sweepstakes Entries and that Participant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to submit a Sweepstakes Entry is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to ownership of any Sweepstakes Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address or VIN used to enter will be deemed to be the Participant. The “authorized account holder” of an email address is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder and proof of being the current owner or lessee of an Nissan vehicle.
4. GRAND PRIZES: There are three (3) Grand Prizes available to be won, each consisting of a Nissan Service Gift Card for $5,000 CDN that the winner can use for Nissan Service, Genuine Nissan Accessories, or for the down payment on a new Nissan vehicle, or any combination of the preceding. Only three (3) Grand Prizes will be awarded.
5. DRAW: A random Draw will be held on Tuesday, May 1, 2018, at the offices of Administrator at 55 West Monroe, Chicago, Illinois, 60603 USA, to select three (3) potential Grand Prize winners from among all eligible Entries submitted and received. Odds of being selected depend on the total number of Entries submitted and received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Administrator will attempt to contact the potential Grand Prize winners by email or telephone within 24 hours of being selected to confirm their identity and obtain their contact information so that a declaration and release form (the “Release Form”) can be issued along with the Skill-Testing Question, which the potential winners must correctly answer without assistance to be confirmed as a winner. If a selected Participant: (a) does not respond within five (5) business days of being contacted; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question (see Rule 2); (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time; (d) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept the Prize (as awarded); and/or (e) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then the potential winner(s) will be disqualified and forfeit all rights to the Prize and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible Participant from among the remaining eligible Entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected Participant) and that selected Participant must comply with the requirements stated above to be confirmed the winner. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected Participant.
7. GENERAL: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Grand Prize, a winner agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries or designees the perpetual right to use his/her name, address (city and province/territory), biographical information, photos and/or likeness and statements in relation to the Sweepstakes, for trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering the Sweepstakes, Participants agree to abide and be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator with respect to all aspects of the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Participants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties and their respective designees and assigns from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage (whether due to negligence or otherwise) to person(s), including death, or property arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part from participation in this Sweepstakes, or any Sweepstakes-related activity, and/or acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize. The right to receive a prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except where required by law or by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize/prize element of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability for any reason. If a winner cannot accept a prize as stated, the prize must be forfeited in its entirety, and an alternate winner may be selected as set forth above. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated or suspended before the designated end-date, the Sponsor will select winners in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted at www.NissanOwnerEvent.ca Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third-party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and will result in the disqualification of the individual utilizing same. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
The Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in the Province of Québec, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Sweepstakes (or to amend these Rules) in any way without prior notice or obligation: (i) in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Sweepstakes as contemplated by these Rules; (ii) in the event of any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes, which is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law; and (iii) in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill, as it deems appropriate, based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties and their designees and assigns are not responsible for illegible/garbled, corrupted, lost, late, incomplete, inaccessible, stolen, misdirected or undeliverable email or Entries; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software or program/programming malfunctions, failures, connections or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website/Usenet accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, mechanical or typographical or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. The Released Parties and their designees and assigns do not liable for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website/app users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any website(s)/apps. The Released Parties and their designees and assigns are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to Participant’s or to any person’s computer or wireless mobile device related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes.
Participants agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and by the courts of the Province of Ontario and by participating, Participant expressly consents to the personal jurisdiction of such ; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario. (The preceding expressly excludes Québec residents, as per Rule 9 below.) The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, but not limited to: point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
9. FOR QUÉBEC RESIDENTS ONLY: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
10. PRIVACY: The Sponsor respects your right to privacy. Personal information collected from Participants will only be used by the Sponsor to administer the Sweepstakes and, only if express consent is given at the time of entry, to provide the Participants with information regarding upcoming Sweepstakes and/or events from the Sponsor. For more information regarding the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information by the Sponsor, please visit http://www.nissan.ca/en/privacy.html.
11. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in the French version of the Official Rules or any Sweepstakes-related materials including, but not limited to: the Entry Form, Website French version of these Official Rules, and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these English Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.