Mott’s Clamato Caesar – #CaesarSummer Recipe – Win a 4-day trip for 2 to Gourmet Food & Wine Expo in Toronto valued at $5,000 CDN
Official Rules and Regulations
THE MOTT’S* CLAMATO* 2018 CAESAR SUMMER RECIPE CONTEST INTERNET ACCESS AND VALID EMAIL ACCOUNT NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE.
1. COMPETITION PERIOD
The Mott’s Clamato Caesar Summer Recipe Contest (the “Contest”) commences July 30, 2018 at 11:00 am CT and ends August 22, 2018 at 9:00pm CT (the “Contest Period”). This Contest is sponsored by Canada Dry Mott’s Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The contest is open to legal residents of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories and the Kenora District of Northwestern Ontario who are of legal drinking age or older in their respective province or territory of residence at time of entry.
Notwithstanding the above, this Contest is not open to employees, representatives, agents, officers or directors (or those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of: (i) the Contest Sponsor, its divisions, subsidiaries and affiliates; (ii) Federated Co-operatives Limited and its member retail co-operatives; and (ii) Contest Sponsor’s advertising and promotional agencies, Contest suppliers, prize suppliers, and any other entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration, judging or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”). The provincial liquor agencies are not connected with this Contest in any manner whatsoever, and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter which relates to this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER
To enter, entrants must visit https://www.cooppromotions.com during the Contest Period and complete the online Contest entry form (“Entry”) with his/her full name, mailing address including postal code, daytime telephone number, email address, password, his/her Caesar cocktail recipe and recipe name (compliant with the Submission Guidelines defined below), a photo of how such Caesar cocktail would look if prepared, and a brief paragraph on why his/her Caesar should be named the “Caesar of the Summer” (collectively, the “Recipe Submission”) following all online instructions.
Recipe Submissions must comply with the following guidelines (the “Submission Guidelines”): • Recipe Submissions must:
o be a recipe and recipe name that is original to the entrant;
o include a brief explanation of why you think your Caesar should be selected as the “Caesar
of the Summer”;
o include the name of entrant’s Caesar recipe;
o list the ingredients in the order of use, including exact measurements for each ingredient.
NOTE: Ingredients may be measured using a jigger or similar measure. Units of measurement must be expressed in ‘shots’, ounces (US) or millimetres with the use of ‘dashes’ and/or ‘drops’ limited to bitters, hot sauce and the like. Fruit juice quantities must also be stipulated. For greater certainty, “squeeze of lime” is unacceptable.
o Include Mott’s Clamato Cocktail;
o list any spirits, juice and/or beverage used by generic product name not by brand name. Entrants can list the flavour of the alcohol (ie. bacon vodka, lemon gin, etc.) if it is important to the recipe; and
o include step-by-step instructions including glassware and any specific garnishes for the preparation of his/her Recipe Submission.
• Recipe Submissions must not:
o have been submitted into another competition or have won a prize;
o have been published or publicized to the best of entrant’s knowledge;
o include an inappropriate name for the drink (for example, rude, lurid, sexual words or words
associated with narcotics or words that infringe any third party rights, including without limitation, copyright or trade-marks) (as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor);
o violate the rights of any other party, including without limitation, any intellectual property, trade secret or proprietary right of any third party; and/or
o be offensive, defamatory, discriminatory, obscene, libellous, reflect poorly on the Contest Sponsor or be inappropriate for use in advertising or promotion publicity purposes as determined by the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion.
Contest Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Recipe Submission (and, for greater certainty, the corresponding entrant) for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, including the determination, in its sole and absolute discretion, that the Recipe Submission fails to satisfy any of the Submission Guidelines, or is inconsistent with the goals, image, or policies of the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to edit (or to require the entrant to edit and resubmit) any Recipe Submission that contains material that violates these Contest Rules.
By submitting a Recipe Submission, you agree that (i) you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Contest rules (the “Rules”); (ii) your Recipe Submission complies with the Submission Guidelines; and (iii) you agree to be bound by the decisions of the Contest Sponsor and any judges with regards to all aspects of this Contest, which are final and binding (without right of appeal), including without limitation, any decision regarding the eligibility and/or disqualification of entrants or Recipe Submissions.
Limit one (1) Recipe Submission per person per day per email address during the Contest Period.
Entrants may use only one (1) e-mail address to enter. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to (i) use multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest; or (ii) falsify, manipulate or otherwise inappropriately alter in any way any information they submit to the Contest (all as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry, including any Recipe Submission, may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor) it does not include all required information set out in these Contest Rules.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an entry for the purposes of
this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Contest Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be won consisting of a three (3) night/four (4) day trip for
two (2) to Gourmet Food & Wine Expo in Toronto, Ontario including:
• Return economy class airfare for winner and one (1) guest departing from the major Canadian airport nearest the winner’s home in participating provinces/territory within Canada and from which Contest Sponsor’s selected air carrier flies, to Toronto, Ontario. Travel dates are tentatively scheduled for Friday, November 23rd to Monday, November 26th, 2018;
• Three (3) nights’ accommodation for winner and guest in Toronto, Ontario (hotel and room size to be selected by the Contest Sponsor at its sole discretion);
• VIP passes to the Gourmet Food & Wine Expo tentatively scheduled for November 23-25, 2018;
• VIP passes to the “2018 Beast Caesar in Town National Final” Competition at the Gourmet Food
& Wine Expo tentatively scheduled for November 25, 2018;
• VIP “Room Drop” gift basket of Mott’s Clamato branded items;
• Ground transportation between the airport and hotel in Toronto, Ontario; and
• $500 CDN spending money (in the form of a cheque) payable to the winner only.
Approximate retail value of the Prize is $ 5,000 CDN, based on a Vancouver, BC departure although the actual retail value may vary depending on the point of departure.
Odds of winning the Prize depends on the number of entrants and on the quality of each entrant’s Recipe Submission (as set out in more detail below) in accordance with these Rules.
Prize winner must be available to travel between Friday, November 23rd and Monday, November 26th, 2018. In order to accompany the Prize winner, the Prize winner’s guest must be legal drinking age or older in his/her province or territory of residence and in the province of Ontario.
Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred, exchanged, assigned or refunded. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the Prize, or a portion thereof with a prize or prizes of at least equal value (including, without limitation, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, a cash award), in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised Prize or any portion thereof.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to the Prize: (i) all travel related to the Prize must occur within the dates specified above unless the Contest Sponsor substitutes alternate dates (otherwise the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety); (ii) the winner and his/her guest must have all necessary documentation to permit travel within Canada; (iii) if the winner does not utilize any part(s) of the Prize, then any such part(s) not utilized will be forfeited in its entirety and nothing will be substituted in its place; (iv) Contest Sponsor reserves the right at any time to: (a) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the Prize or any component thereof; and (b) substitute the Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or a prize component of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion, a cash award; (v) all travel arrangements relating to the Prize must be made through the Contest Sponsor’s or its designated agents; (vi) by accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties (defined below) if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part;
(vii) all airline tickets are subject to availability at the time of booking; and (viii) neither the Contest Sponsor nor any of its prize suppliers will replace any lost or stolen tickets.
Shipped prizes shall not be insured and the Released Parties (as defined below) shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes.
5. METHOD OF SELECTING WINNER AND AWARDING PRIZES 5.1 Judging Criteria
Eligible Recipe Submissions submitted during the Contest Period will be judged by the Contest Sponsor or its designated agents (the “Judges”) between August 23 and September 3, 2018. Any Recipe Submission deemed to be non-compliant with the Submission Guidelines, as determined by the Judges in their sole and absolute discretion, shall be deemed ineligible and the entrant will be disqualified. Each Recipe Submission will be assigned a total score out of 50 based on the following criteria:
1. Visual Appeal: 10
2. Unique Use of Ingredients: 10
3. Originality: 10
4. Cocktail name: 5
5. Explanation: 15
The top five (5) Recipe Submissions and the respective entrant’s name may be used in a video or image that will be promoted by the Contest Sponsor on its respective social media and websites.
The entrant whose Recipe Submission receives the highest overall score based on the above judging criteria will be named the potential Prize winner. In the event of a tie between two (2) or more Recipe Submissions based on the total score, the tie will be broken first using each judge’s score on taste, then originality and then visual appeal criteria.
5.2 Prize Winner Notification
The potential Prize Winner will be notified on or before September 10, 2018 and upon completion of the judging. Before being declared the winner, the potential winner must complete and return to Contest Sponsor a declaration and release form (the “Declaration and Release”) (and any other documents, as applicable), by the deadline indicated on the Declaration and Release, pursuant to which he/she (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Released Parties (defined below) from any and all liability in connection with the Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet; and (v) assigns and transfers to the Contest Sponsor all right, title and interest in and to his/her Recipe Submission/Caesar, including without limitation all copyright and other intellectual property rights, and all goodwill, attaching to, or arising from, his/her Recipe Submission/Caesar and waives all of his/her moral rights in his/her Recipe Submission/Caesar in favour of the Contest Sponsor.
If the potential Prize winner is not in compliance with these Rules (as determined by the Contest Sponsor and the judging panel at their sole and absolute discretion), declines the applicable Prize won, cannot attend/travel on the required Prize dates or if the potential Prize winner fails to return the Declaration
and Release (and any other documents, as applicable) by the deadline indicated on the Declaration and Release, the Prize may be forfeited by such potential winner and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to select the entrant with the next highest overall score based on the above judging criteria as the potential winner of the Prize.
Prize will be awarded, subject to compliance with these Rules, upon receipt of the properly completed and executed Declaration and Releases and verification of the Prize winner.
6. Bookings are subject to availability, changes in itinerary and other restrictions. Blackout dates may apply. At the time of booking, Prize winner must provide any requested valid travel documents for himself/herself and his/her travelling companion. Bookings are also subject to all rules and regulations of the applicable airline or other carrier. Trip must be booked through Contest Sponsor’s promotional agency. Trip cannot be modified by winner or his/her travelling companion. All bookings are subject to existing availability and are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor shall have no responsibility for trip cancellations, alterations, weather delays, weather cancellations or other changes to the trip itinerary and by accepting the Prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts such risks. The Prize winner (and his/her travelling companion) will be responsible for all costs and expenses not specifically stated above as included in the Prize including, but not limited to, side trips, ground transportation (other than what has been outlined in the Prize description), travel and health insurance, personal expenses, medical expenses, meals, beverages, gratuities, gift shop purchases, phone calls and all other expenses and travel requirements not specifically described above as being included in the Prize. The Prize winner may be required by the airline or hotel to provide an accepted and valid credit card to cover incidental charges (including but not limited to: telephone charges, special purchases, etc.). The Prize winner and his/her travelling companion must have valid travel documents and identification. Necessary travel documents are solely the responsibility of the winner and his/her travelling companion. In order to be entitled to accompany the winner on the Prize trip, the winner’s travelling companion must sign and return the Contest Sponsor’s Declaration and Release form (and any other documents reasonable required by the Contest Sponsor) by the date indicated on the form. The Contest Parties and their officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) do not assume responsibility should winner and/or his/her travelling companion be refused entry into destination city or re-entry into their province/territory of residence for whatever reason. The Released Parties do not assume responsibility should any portion of the Prize be cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled for any reason beyond its control. If, for any reason, an event included as part of the Prize does not occur, that portion of the Prize will be forfeited without additional compensation and the remainder of the Prize will be awarded.
7. Where applicable, the approximate retail values of prizes as stated by the Contest Sponsor in point of sale advertising, and other advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Contest rules are subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, the passage of time between the date the approximate retail values are stated by the Contest Sponsor and the date the prizes are awarded or redeemed. If, at the time a prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for the prize is less than the approximate retail value stated by the Contest Sponsor in point of sale, television and print advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Contest rules, the prize winner will not be entitled to a cheque or cash for the price difference.
8. GRANT OF RIGHTS TO Contest SPONSOR: By entering a Recipe Submission into the Contest, the applicable entrant represents and warrants to the Contest Sponsor that such Recipe Submission is wholly original to the entrant and that he/she owns all right, title and interest in and to the Recipe Submission. Without further compensation, each entrant agrees that:
a. he/she, on behalf of himself/herself, his/her heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, grants to the Contest Sponsor a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license and right to broadcast, exhibit and/or otherwise use his/her Recipe Submission/Caesar (and any photos and/or video taken of his/her Caesar by the Contest Sponsor, or its designated representative[s]) and every element thereof, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now or hereafter known or devised and, without limiting the foregoing, but for greater certainty, expressly grants to the Contest Sponsor the license and right to post, publish and/or otherwise display his/her Recipe Submission/Caesar (and any photos and/or video taken of his/her Recipe Submission/Caesar by the Contest Sponsor, or its designated representative[s]) and his/her Recipe Submission/Caesar on, or via, the Contest Sponsor’s website(s) and/or its social media pages/accounts. All decisions regarding such use shall be at Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All Recipe Submissions, upon submission, become the property of Contest Sponsor, and its successors, assigns and licensees. Contest Sponsor will have the non-exclusive right to make unlimited derivative works of any Recipe Submission, to assign or transfer any or all such rights and to grant unlimited sublicenses. Each entrant forever waives and relinquishes on behalf of himself/herself, his/her heirs, executors, administrators and assigns any and all rights, including but not limited to moral rights and goodwill, in and to his/her Recipe Submission;
b. he/she shall have no right of approval or consultation with respect to Contest Sponsor’s use of his/her Recipe Submission. Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for the return or preservation of the Recipe Submission. Contest Sponsor shall use its sole discretion in determining the extent and manner of their permitted use of his/her Recipe Submission;
c. the Contest Sponsor shall have the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), the his/her name, address, image, voice, likeness, statements, biographical material, as well as any photographic images, video images, portraits, interviews or other materials relating to him/her and arising out of his/her participation in this Contest (with or without using his/her name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from him/her or any other party; and
d. he/she has not granted or transferred any rights in or to his/her Recipe Submission/Caesar to any third party prior to the date of entry into the Contest and has not done anything and will not do anything to impair the rights he/she has granted to the Contest Sponsor in any way.
9. The decisions of the Contest Sponsor and/or the judges are final and binding, without right of appeal, with respect to all aspects of this Contest (including without limitation eligibility and/or disqualification of entries) and entrant agrees to abide by the Contest rules and all of the instructions and decisions of the Contest Sponsor and/or judges. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Contest rules, the decision or interpretation of the Contest Sponsor and/or judges shall prevail.
10. Unless otherwise deemed appropriate by the Contest Sponsor for the administration of the Contest based on the circumstances, no communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. Once the winner has been verified and confirmed, the winner’s name will be posted on Canada Dry Mott’s Inc.’s website, www.facebook.com/MottsClamato and on Federated Co-operatives Limited’s website, https://www.cooppromotions.com and social media pages.
11. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry that is late, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid. The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected claims or entries or for any problems or technical malfunction of any Internet or telephone network or broadcast transmission during the Contest Period. The Released Parties are not responsible for any errors or omissions with respect to the printing or advertising of this Contest and reserve the right to withdraw, amend or cancel this Contest in the event of a printing or administrative error.
12. In no event will the Released Parties be liable for more than the stated number of prizes contained in these official Contest rules.
13. The Released Parties accept no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by the awarded prize or the Contest itself. By entering, entrant releases and holds harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or any prize (or a portion thereof) won.
14. Without limiting the release of liability provisions herein, and for greater certainty, the Released Parties will not be liable for: a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest; b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation of the Contest website or any transmission in connection with the Contest; c) any communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; d) any problems with, or technical malfunction of, any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of email which may occur for any reason whatsoever, including technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; or e) any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause of any nature whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Released Parties which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way.
15. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an email entry, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the entry to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Selected entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry.
16. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual from the Contest, and to ban that individual from any future promotion of the Contest Sponsor, if the Contest Sponsor find or believe such individual to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or where applicable, any Contest website; to be acting in violation of the Contest rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Contest Sponsor, the Contest Sponsor’s agencies, other entrants or any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD
SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
18. This Contest is subject to all applicable laws and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada applicable therein.
19. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Contest rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
20. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Contest rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Contest rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Contest rules, or for any other reason.
21. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
*Trademark used under license by Canada Dry Mott’s Inc.