Momondo – Welcome to My World – Win a trip valued at up to approx. €1500
Terms & Conditions
Promoter: M omondo A/S, Løvstræde 1, 1. DK-1152 København K, Denmark
1. No purchase necessary to enter the competition. This competition is open to residents , aged 18 years or over, permanently residing in one of the following countries: Austria, Canada (excluding Quebec), Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Mexico, Norway, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Ukraine, United States of America. Hereafter these 18 countries are referred to individually as a “participating country ” or collectively as the “participating countries”. The entrant does not need to be a citizen of one of the participating countries.
2. Employees of the Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties, including but not limited to Momondo A/S, in any way involved in the development, production, or distribution of this competition, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to win this WELCOME TO MY WORLD photo competition.
3. This competition will commence at 00:01 CET on 9th March, 2017, and all entries must be received by 23:59 CET on 30th April, 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
4. Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish but no entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter, entrants must upload a photo of their favourite local place to Instagram and write what they love about their local area. Entrants must also include #myworldmomondo in the image description and tag @momondo. This is also so we can easily find the entry.
6. Selected entries will appear on momondo’s website (www.momondo.com/content/welcometomyworld ) and will be featured on momondo’s Inspiration blog, momondo’s Best Discoveries site and shared on momondo’s social media channels.
7. The Promoter and the selected jury will determine 2 winners.
8. The winner will be notified on 1st May, 2017 via an Instagram comment on the submitted photo or via private message on Instagram. The winning photo will then be posted on momondo’s Instagram account (@momondo). The winners must claim their prize within 7 days of the Promoter sending notification (7 days from 1st May, 2017). If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules .
9. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
10. The jury will consist of four people; a lead representative from the social media team, the campaigns team, the content team and a lead designer at momondo.
11. The criteria for selecting the two winning photos is based on how well the entrant meets the following selection criteria:
– Image shows a unique perspective of the local destination
– Image has people and portrays a true local scene
– Image is inviting, is it the kind of photo that makes you want to drop what you’re doing and be there, right now
– Image is in color, not black and white
– Image is not a selfie
12. The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
13. The prize for each selected winner is a trip worth up to €1500 (approximately 1400 USD, exchange rate could fluctuate, rate will be taken on date of booking) – the winner will be flown to the destination in the other winner’s submitted photo. For example, “Winner A” submits an image of Copenhagen and “Winner B” submits an image of New York, then “Winner A” will be win up to €1500 to travel to New York and “Winner B” will win up to €1500 to travel to Copenhagen.
It is up to the winner how they wish to split the €1500 prize value between flights and accommodation, they can take a friend if the total cost of both travelers is under €1500. The Promoter will be responsible for booking the travel, the Promoter will liaise with the two winners to book the flights and accommodation via momondo according to the winner’s choice.
14. Any additional fees, including city taxes and additional flight or hotel expenses, will be paid by the winners and their respective guests.
15. The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
16. The two winners must deliver a travel itinerary with suggested flights and accommodation, along with dates and other terms, no later than two weeks after accepting the prize. In the event that the winner can no longer travel due to unforeseen circumstances, including illness, then the responsibility falls with the winner to pay any costs incurred for changes to the itinerary.
17. The two winners are responsible for abiding by the taxation laws in their respective country. If you are required by law to declare your prize money then this responsibility falls with you, not with the Promoter.
18. The prize is subject to availability and must be used on or before 31st December, 2017. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice.
19. By entering this competition each entrant confirms that their entry is their wholly-owned creation and, to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials, that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person.
20. By submitting an entry using the hashtag #myworldmomondo, each entrant grants Momondo Group, its affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, and their agents and representatives (collectively, “Momondo Group”), the irrevocable, unrestricted, royalty-free worldwide right to use, publish, display, broadcast, edit, modify and distribute any materials, content, illustrations, photos, videos, comments, or information relating to the visual content submitted (hereinafter, “Material”), including those bearing your name, voice, image, likeness, and/or any other identifiable representation of yourself (collectively, “Your Likeness”).
These Materials may appear in any form, style, color or medium whatsoever now known or later developed (including, without limitation, photographs, videotapes, films, sound recordings, software, drawings, prints, product materials, broadcast, internet, email and electronic media). Each entrant also confirms that anyone depicted in an entry has given their permission for the inclusion of their image in the entry and the use of the entry including their image by the entrant and the Promoter.
21. To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com stating the name of the competition in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date .
22. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook and Instagram. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this Promotion is submitted to the Promoter and not Facebook and you agree that Facebook shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this Promotion.
23. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
24. Only the English version of the competition Terms & Conditions is legally binding. Translations have been provided purely for user convenience. In the event of discrepancy between a translation and the English master, the English master prevails.
If you do not feel comfortable with any of these terms or conditions, then please do not submit Materials to us.
For more info on the competition, visit the Welcome to My World website
Read more at http://www.momondo.com/inspiration/welcome-to-my-world-photo-competition/#lAhvFEbymcgYsjLJ.99