JYSK – 2017 Birthday Celebration – Win 1 of 15 JYSK Gift Cards valued at $1,000 each
JYSK Birthday $20,000 Giveaway Official Contest Rules
Contestants are invited to enter the JYSK Birthday $20,000 Giveaway Contest (“the Contest”) online at www.jysk.ca/birthday. No purchase is necessary. Void in whole or part where prohibited by law. Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules (the “Contest Rules”). Contest is subject to all applicable laws.
1. SPONSOR: The Contest sponsor is JYSK Linen’n Furniture Inc. (“JYSK”), with its head office located at 1435 Broadway Street, Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada, V3C 6L6. The Contest is administered solely by JYSK. Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to, and only to JYSK.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on Thursday, March 30, 2017 and ends at 9:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
3. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Contest, an individual must: (i) be a legal resident of Canada; and (ii) reside in one of the following Provinces: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia; and (iii) be over the age of majority in the province in which he/she resides at the time of entry.
Employees representatives and mandatories of JYSK and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate family members and household members of any of the above, are ineligible to enter. JYSK shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to JYSK for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. JYSK reserves the right, in its sole discretion; to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
To be eligible, your entry must be received during the Contest Period as defined above. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person permitted during the Contest Period and you can only use one (1) email address to register for the Contest. If it is discovered that you attempted to: (i) submit more than one (1) entry during the Contest Period; and/or (ii) use more than one (1) email address to enter the Contest; then (in the sole discretion of JYSK) you may be disqualified from the Contest and all of your entries may be voided. Your Entry will be rejected if the entry form is not fully completed and submitted during the Contest Period. Use of any automated system to enter, or otherwise participate in, this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification. JYSK is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible entries.
4. HOW TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary. To participate in the Contest, enter by going to www.jysk.ca/birthday and click on the Enter button and an entry form will appear. Fully complete the entry form and : (i) enter your full name, address, city, province and valid email address; and accept the terms and condition of these Official Rules and Regulations. Once you have fully completed the entry form, click the submit button to complete your entry.
5. PRIZES: Entrants will be eligible to win one (1) of the following prizes:
(a) One of 15 – $1,000 JYSK Gift Cards. The Gift Cards are distributed as follows by Province:
British Columbia: 3 x $1,000 = $3,000
Alberta: 3 x $1,000 = $3,000
Manitoba/Saskatchewan: 3 x $1,000 = $3,000
Ontario/Nova Scotia: 3 x $1,000 = $3,000
Quebec: 3 x $1,000 = $3,000
JYSK Gift Card Prizes must be picked up at the closest JYSK store to the winner’s home or store of the winners choice. Gift Cards are redeemable at JYSK Canada store locations only. Winners are responsible for all taxes, fees and costs associated with the prize. The prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash.
(b) One of 5 – California High Dining Sets Retail Value $1,000; distributed as follows by Province:
Note: California High Dining Set prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be converted to cash or gift card and must be picked up at the closest JYSK store to the winner’s home or store of the winner’s choice.
British Columbia: 1 x $1,000 = $1,000
Alberta: 1 x $1,000 = $1,000
Manitoba/Saskatchewan: 1 x $1,000 = $1,000
Ontario/Nova Scotia: 1 x $1,000 = $1,000
Quebec: 1 x $1,000 = $1,000
JYSK Gift Cards are redeemable at JYSK Canada store locations only. Winners are responsible for all taxes, fees and costs associated with prize. The prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash.
The JYSK store Manager will take a photo of the winner(s) accepting their prize and the photos will be included on the JYSK web site Contest Winners Page.
6. WINNER SELECTION: The Prize Winners shall be selected by a random draw on Monday, April 24th, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. EST in, Port Coquitlam, BC at JYSK’s head office on (the “Draw Date”).
The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by JYSK. Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or email to comply with the Contest Rules; provide proof of identification; and sign and return the Release (described below).
The successful entrants will be notified via phone or email no later than Thursday, April 27th, 2017 at 8:00 p.m. EST. Upon notification, the entrant must complete the Release form. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with these Contest Rules or if JYSK determines that the selected entrant is ineligible, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in JYSK’s sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. JYSK is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for JYSK to receive a selected entrant’s response. If the selected winning entrants cannot be contacted within three (3) attempts or ten (10) business days of the Draw Date (whichever occurs first), or there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then the selected entrants will be disqualified and JYSK reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
JYSK reserves the right to exclude any entry without notice and to reasonably alter or cancel the contest in the event of a technical failure, fraud or other circumstance beyond its reasonable control. The decisions of the judges are final.
JYSK will post the names of the Contest winners on JYSK.ca once the winners are successfully validated. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. Prizes will be received within one month of when the winner is announced with the exception of the California High Dining Set prize which will be based on inventory availability and may be delayed. JYSK shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes.
7. RELEASE: Each winner will be required to execute a release (a “Release”) that confirms winner’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the prize as offered; (iii) release of JYSK, its subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, and officers, as well as prize suppliers, agents, advertising, and promotional agencies involved in this Contest (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to JYSK of the unrestricted right, in JYSK’s individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned by May 3, 2017 by 8:00 p.m. EST of the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: JYSK assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. JYSK is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. JYSK assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. JYSK is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. JYSK is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Each entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize. JYSK assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of JYSK, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
9. CONDUCT: By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted and made available at https://www.jysk.ca/birthday, throughout the Contest Period. Each entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of JYSK, which shall be final and binding in all respects. JYSK reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating these Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; and/or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, JYSK reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including but not limited to criminal prosecution.
10. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: Please note that by entering the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to JYSK the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winner; (ii) grants to JYSK the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that JYSK may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of JYSK in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
11. LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and JYSK in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of British Columbia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. Each entrant and JYSK attorns to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of British Columbia in respect of any dispute arising from or related to the Contest
12. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control. These rules were written in English (Cdn). To the extent any translated version conflicts with the English version, the English version controls.
13. FOR QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
By entering the Contest, the contestant acknowledges having read and understood these rules and agrees to be bound by them and to comply with them.