Jamie’s Whaling Station – Ocean Friendly – Win 1 of 3 prize packs
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is: Jamie’s Whaling Station Ltd.
2. The competition is open to individuals aged 18 years or over except employees of Jamie’s Whaling Station, Crystal Cove and Surfrider and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. The competition may be entered through either the Jamie’s Whaling Station, Crystal Cove or Surfrider Pacific Rim Chapter websites.
6. Only one set of entries per month will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. Closing date for entry will be May 31st for the overall prize, and on the last day of each month for the monthly draw. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Each month, for 3 months, a competition encouraging entrants to focus on reducing plastics use in their lives is open. Entry into these monthly competitions earns the equivalent number of entries into the overall prize draw. This is a total of up to 30 entries into the final draw, as outlined below:
Each person can earn up to 10 entries per month. It is mandatory for the entrant to complete the “plastics focused” entry each month. This is worth one entry. Entrants can also gain extra optional entries by: visiting the Facebook pages of Jamie’s Whaling Station, Crystal Cove and Surfrider Pacific Rim Chapter (1 entry for each action, total 3 entries); visiting the Instagram profiles of Jamie’s Whaling Station, Crystal Cove and Surfrider Pacific Rim Chapter (1 entry for each action, total 3 entries); visiting the websites of Jamie’s Whaling Station, Crystal Cove and Surfrider Pacific Rim Chapter (1 entry for each action, total 3 entries).
The above will take place 3 times: from March 1st to 31st 2019, April 1st to April 30th 2019 and May 1st to May 31st 2019, giving the total of 30 possible entries per entrant.
At the end of each competition period, a draw will be made for the monthly prize. One winner will receive a prize pack of items intended to remove or reduce plastics use.
At the end of the overall competition period (after May 31st) a winner will be selected for the overall prize from the entries made through the 3 months of competition. The winner is drawn at random, from the total number of entries to the 3 monthly entries.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows:
Each month their will be 1 (one) prize pack, featuring plastics-free or plastics-reducing prizes. The monthly prize pack will include a selection of the following prizes:
Assorted product pack from Merge Tofino
Toiletries from Sea Wolf
Growler from Tofino Brewing Co.
Bowl from Specifically Pacific Design (available for 2 monthly prizes packs only)
Print from Mark Sawyer Photography
Print and canvas bag from The Ocean Gypsea (available for 2 monthly prize packs only)
Water bottles and canvas bag from Jamie’s Whaling Station
The overall prize is as follows:
A 2-night stay at Crystal Cove beach resort (redeemable outside June 14-October 13 2019, not including long weekends and holidays)
A Jamie’s Whaling Station boat tour
Beer tasting at Tofino Brewing Co.
Food tour for 2 persons with Tofno Food Tours
Day passes to Ucluelet Aquarium
Kayaking excursion with Paddle West Kayaking
Cultural Canoe Tour with T’ashii Paddle School
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Jamie’s Whaling Station and or its agents.
14. The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Instagram/Facebook within 14 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Canadian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Canada.
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Canadian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Jamie’s Whaling Station, Crystal Cove and Surfrider and not to any other party.
22. Jamie’s Whaling Station shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage. Jamie’s Whaling Station also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
23. Jamie’s Whaling Station, Crystal Cove and Surfrider reserve the right to share posts from entrants linked to the competition.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.