Island Farms – Win 1 of 5 VISA Gift Cards valued at $100 each
Contest Rules Island Farms New Year Contest 2018
1. The “Island Farms New Year Contest 2018” (the “Contest”) is held by Agropur coopérative (the “Contest Organizers”). The Contest runs on the ”Island Farms Dairy” Facebook page from January 5, 2018 at 10:00:01 AM (PST) to January 26, 2018 at 4:00:01 PM (PST) (the “Contest Period”).
2. The Contest is open to residents of British Columbia, Canada, who are nineteen (19) years old or over. Employees, representatives, members, directors, officers and mandatories of the Contest Organizers, of any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, material and services related to this Contest, as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse and any individuals with whom they are domiciled, are not eligible. To enter the Contest, Participant’s computer must be configured so that “Cookies” be accepted.
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary. Entrant must be a member of Facebook (www.facebook.com) in order to submit an entry via Facebook.
3. To enter, proceed as follows:
3.1 Head to the “Island Farms Dairy” Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/islandfarm…; and
3.2 During the Contest Period, comment on the contest post, posted on January 5, 2018 and tell us what resolutions your family has chosen for 2018.
3.3 Upon completion of the previous steps, you will receive one (1) entry into the Contest.
4. Entry Limits. Entrants must respect the following limits otherwise they may be disqualified:
4.1 One (1) entry per person, per Facebook account during the Contest Period. Multiple comments and use of multiple accounts on Facebook do not qualify as multiple entries.
5. There are five (5) prizes available to be won, each prize consisting of a $100 Prepaid Visa gift card. The use of the Prepaid Visa gift cards is subject to their terms and conditions of use.
6. Prize Limit. There is a limit of one (1) prize per person and per residence for the Contest Period.
7. Random draw. On January 29, 2018 at approximately 11:00 a.m. (PST) at the office of the agency administrating the contest a random draw of five (5) eligible entries will be held among all eligible entries registered during the Contest Period to award the prizes. The five (5) eligible entries randomly selected will be awarded a prize.
8. Odds of winning. The odds of winning are as follows:
8.1 The odds of an entrant’s entry being selected for a prize depend on the number of eligible entries registered during the Contest Period.
AWARDING OF PRIZES
9. To be declared a winner, any selected entrant must:
9.1 Obtain from the Contest Organizers a comment on his/her post indicating “Congratulations , you’ve been selected as one of our winners! Please send us an inbox message to collect your prize!”;
9.2 Provide his/her email address in the private inbox message sent to the Contest Organizers so that a “Prizing Agent” can reach out to him/her and provide him/her with a Declaration and Release Form (the “Declaration Form”) to be filled out with his/her last name, first name, age, a valid email address and phone number, sign to certify that he/she has fulfilled all the requirements of these Contest Rules and email back to the Contest Organizers for them to receive it within ten (10) days of its receipt;
9.3 Correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question on the Declaration Form;
9.4 Upon request and in a timely manner, provide an identification card with photograph.
10. Failure to comply with one of the conditions mentioned in these Contest Rules or to accept the prize will cause the selected entrant to be disqualified. In such a case, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, cancel the prize or hold a new draw until an entrant is selected and declared a winner.
11. Within two (2) to four (4) weeks following the receipt of the duly completed and signed Declaration Forms, the Contest Organizers will contact the winners to inform them of the way they can take possession of their prize.
12. Verification. Entries, comments and Declaration Forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any entry, comment or Declaration Form which is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, registered or submitted late, bearing an invalid email address or phone number, not bearing the correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question or otherwise noncompliant shall be rejected and will not entitle to an entry or to a prize, as the case may be.
13. Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify a person or to cancel one or several entries of a person who participates or tries to participate in this Contest by using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to other entrants (e.g. entries exceeding the authorized limit). Such a person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
14. Conduct of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage the “Island Farms Dairy” Facebook page and/or any related website or to sabotage the legitimate conduct of this Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any such attempts, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to reject the entrant’s entries and obtain legal or equitable relief under applicable laws.
15. Acceptance of prizes. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided in the section below.
16. Substitution of prizes. In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize (or a portion thereof) as described in these Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or portion thereof) of the same kind and of equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of a prize (or portion thereof) as indicated in the Contest Rules.
17. Liability limit: use of the prizes. By entering the Contest, any entrant selected for a prize releases and holds harmless the Contest Organizers, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, representatives and mandatories (the “Released Parties”) from and against any damage resulting from the acceptance or use of the prize.
18. Liability limit: prize supplier. Any entrant selected for a prize acknowledges that upon awarding of the prize, the obligations related to it become the responsibility of the providers of services and goods related to the prize.
19. Facebook. The Contest Organizers do not warrant that access to or use of the “Island Farms Dairy” Facebook page or any related website will be uninterrupted during the Contest Period or error-free.
20. Liability limit: conduct of the Contest. The Released Parties disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any entrant’s participation in the Contest: malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communications line; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the Contest.
21. Contest modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part, should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules.
22. Termination of participation in the Contest. In the event that the computer system cannot register all Contest entries during the Contest Period for whatever reason, or if participation in the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date provided in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, proceed with the draw among the entries duly registered during the Contest Period or, as the case may be, up to the date of the event ending participation in the Contest.
23. Prize limit. In no event shall the Contest Organizers be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Contest Rules or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
24. Liability limit: participation in the Contest. Persons who enter or try to enter this Contest release the Released Parties from any liability for damage these said persons may incur as a result of their entry or their attempt to enter the Contest.
25. Authorization. By entering this Contest, any entrant selected for a prize authorizes the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, if required, his/her name, photo, likeness, voice, place of residence and/or statement regarding a prize as for publicity and promotional purposes in any manner or media (including on the winners list posted on the “Island Farms Dairy” Facebook page), without any form of compensation.
26. Communication with entrants. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in these Contest Rules or at the Contest Organizers’ initiative.
27. Personal information. Entrants’ personal information collected for the purpose of the Contest will only be used to administer the Contest. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
28. Property. Declaration Forms are the property of the Contest Organizers and shall not in any case be returned to entrants.
29. Entrant identification. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose name appears on the entry and it is to this person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is selected and declared a winner.
30. Social Media. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Any information provided for the purposes of entry in the Contest is provided to Agropur coopérative, and not to Facebook. Any question, comment or complaint regarding the Contest must be directed to the Contest Organizers and not to Facebook. Facebook and all its affiliates, directors, officers, agents and employees are not liable for any claims arising out of or in connection with the organization of this Contest. However, by entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of use, contracts, other policies and/or guidelines governing the Facebook platform and releases the Released Parties from and against any damage that could arise from the use of such platform.
31. Contest Organizers’ decision. Any decision by the Contest Organizers or their representatives regarding this Contest is final and without appeal.
32. Unenforceability. If a section of the Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.