Farmer’s Pick – Win Milk for a Year
OFFICIAL RULES FARMER’S PICK “Milk for a Year” CONTEST ELIGIBILITY
1. The Farmer’s Pick Milk for a Year (the “Contest”) is conducted by Farmer’s Pick 2019 Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and is open to all legal residents of Ontario (excluding residents of the province of Quebec), throughout the Contest Period and who have reached the age of majority in the province in which they reside. Entry in this contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules. This Contest is void in whole or part where prohibited by law.
2. Entrants are not eligible to participate in the Contest if they are:
a) employees, agents or representatives of the Sponsor, or its agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, sponsors, advertising or promotional agencies, or assignees; or
b) a member of the household and/or immediate family of any of the above parties; or
c) any person who has won a prize in a contest conducted by the Sponsor in the 12-month period prior to the start of the Contest Period.
For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
3. The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof within a reasonable period of time may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of this Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry or entrant in its sole discretion, should any entry or entrant at any stage contain and/or supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
HOW TO ENTER
4. The Contest begins on May 27, 2019 and ends on June 30, 2019 at 11:59 pm (the “Contest Period”), after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted. All times listed in the Contest Rules refer to Eastern Standard Time.
5. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. To enter the Contest, go to https://woobox.com/gttgzt during the Contest Period and sign up for the Farmer’s Pick e-newsletter. Complete the online entry form as instructed, including all required information, and submit your entry as instructed.
6. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per email address during the Contest period. In the case of multiple entries, only the first entry will be considered. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason. All entries must be received during the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are lost, late, illegible, misdirected, incomplete, damaged, destroyed, delayed, altered, fraudulent, irregular, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered, garbled, mechanically or electronically reproduced, or tampered with in any way and no responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor for any such entries. Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning Entry.
7. By participating in this Contest, you represent and warrant that: (i) your entry meets the criteria and specifications set out in these Contest rules, including those in Section 6; (ii) your entry is original and all right, title, and interest (including copyright) in and to it is owned and/or controlled by you to the full extent necessary to enable the Sponsor to use the entry as contemplated by these Contest rules; and (iii) your entry does not infringe upon the intellectual property, privacy or other statutory or common law rights of any third party. You hereby indemnify the Sponsor from any claims or damages it incurs as a result of these representations and warranties not being true.
8. There will be one (1) grand prize (the “Prize”) awarded to the Contest winner consisting of a Farmer’s Pick Milk for a Year valued at $260.
9. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, sold, substituted or redeemed for cash, except that the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason. In the event that the Prize consists of or includes attendance at an event that is cancelled, delayed or rescheduled for any reason whatsoever, a substitute prize or cash equivalent will not be provided. Only one prize per person, per family, per household or per address will be awarded. The Sponsor will not assume any liability for a lost, damaged or misdirected Prize. Winner and winner’s guests are responsible for transportation, parking, accommodation, food and beverage and all taxes, gratuities and all other incidental costs in connection with accepting, receiving, redeeming or otherwise pertaining to the Prize.
10. The Winner may claim his/her Prize at the Farmer’s Pick store seven (7) days after he/she has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize, has complied with the Contest Rules and has signed and returned the Contest Release (described below).
11. On Monday, July 2, 2019 at Farmer’s Pick Store, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected from all eligible entries received. The selected eligible entrant will be notified by email on Monday, July 2, 2019. Subject to any delays as a result of ineligible entries, a contestant’s inability to answer a skill testing question or return the Release (described below). The Sponsor is not responsible for a selected eligible entrant’s failure to receive notification for any reason whatsoever. Only the winner will be notified and the Sponsor will not communicate to individuals the fact that they have not won this Contest. Upon written request to Farmer’s Pick delivered to Farmer’s Pick 2019 Inc., 1430 Prince of Wales Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2C 1N4 Attention: Promotions Manager, the winner of the prize will be disclosed.
12. The odds of being selected as the potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsor at the time of the draw.
13. To be declared a winner and claim the corresponding prize, the selected entrant for the prize must: (i) Be reached by e-mail and respond within seven (7) business days of receipt (for this purpose e-mail are deemed received on the date left or delivered); (ii) have complied with the official Contest rules; (iii) sign and return the release, described in below in these Contest Rules within five business days of receipt; and correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question in accordance with the requirements set out below. Upon satisfaction of the above conditions, the prize or a letter explaining how, when and where to redeem the prize will be emailed by the Sponsor to the winner within 30 days of being selected, at the address indicated on the winner’s entry form. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted by e-mail, fails to return the Release within the specified time, or otherwise does not satisfy any of the above conditions; then he/she will forfeit his/her prize and an alternate winner will be selected.
RELEASE AND SKILL TESTING QUESTION
14. The prize winner will be required to execute a written release (“Release”) that confirms his or her: (i) eligibility for this Contest and compliance with these Contest rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates , and/or their respective related companies and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability from any loss, harm, damages, cost or expenses arising out of participation in this Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity, anything purchased with any gift card prize won in this Contest, or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) granting to the Sponsor of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, reproduce, convert, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, the winner’s name, the entry described in section 5 of these Contest rules, photograph, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within five business days of the date indicated on the accompanying email letter of notification or the verification as the winner, or he or she will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
15. In order to be eligible to win the Prize, the selected eligible entrant shall be required to correctly answer a time limited, mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise. The selected eligible entrant may be required to swear an affidavit indicating compliance with this section. The skill-testing question will be administered by telephone and must be completed within five business days of the selected entrant’s receipt of a phone call, voicemail or e-mail (for this purpose voicemail and e-mail are deemed received on the date left or delivered). The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, provide an alternate skill-testing question or vary the requirements to perform any skill-testing component of the Contest to accommodate and include the participation of entrants with physical or cognitive disabilities.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
16. By participating in this Contest, entrant agrees:
a) to be bound by the Contest Rules;
b) to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects;
c) to release and hold the Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to him or her or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or part, directly or indirectly, from such contestant’s acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, breach of any of these Contest rules, or from any Prize-related activity undertaken by such contestant. Each contestant shall fully indemnify the Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest.
d) to grant to the Sponsor and/or its agents of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, reproduce, convert, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, the entrant’s name, the entry described in section 5 of these Contest rules, photograph, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
17. The Sponsor is not responsible or liable for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, misdirected, stolen, delayed, damaged or destroyed entries, notifications, replies or any Contest Release; for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, Internet Service Providers, websites or other connection, related to the Contest and/or the Contest Website; for errors of any kind, including but not limited to human, electronic, mechanical and/or technical in nature; for failure or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer and online systems, servers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, the Contest Website, any related website, or any combination thereof or otherwise; for any injury or damage to entrant, entrant’s computer, or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading material in connection with the Contest; for incorrect or inaccurate information; and/or for weather conditions, event cancellations, delay or rescheduling or other factors beyond the Sponsor’s control.
18. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who is found to be tampering with the entry process or with the operation and administration of the Contest; acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest; or in violation of the Contest Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
20. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, logos, slogans and representations are owned or used under licence by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
21. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
22. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify, amend or suspend the Contest and/or the Contest Rules in any way at any time for any reason without prior notice or compensation.
23. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials or advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
24. If, for any reason, any portion of this Contest is not capable of running as planned or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including without limitation by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control or for any other reason whatsoever, then the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, may cancel, terminate, modify (including extending or shortening the Contest Period) or suspend the Contest without individual notice.
25. These Contest Rules will be available at www.farmerspick.ca. and the Farmer’s Pick – Home Office, 1430 Prince of Wales Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2C 1N4.