Disney XD – The Adventurous Vacation – Win a trip for 4 to the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida valued at USD$10,900
THE ADVENTUROUS VACATION CONTEST RULES
THE ADVENTUROUS VACATION CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding the province of Quebec);
(b) be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry;
(c) be legally able to travel to the United States and have any and all necessary documentation as may be required for presentation to Canadian and/or International customs and airport personnel.
Employees, officers and directors of Corus Media Sales Inc. and its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns (collectively “Corus”), The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd. and its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns (collectively “the Prize Supplier”) employees, officers and directors of their advertising and promotional agencies, any person who has been confirmed as a winner of two (2) Corus administered contests within six (6) months preceding the Contest start date indicated below and/or the household members or immediate family of any of the above are not eligible to enter.
Corus is solely responsible for hosting, conducting, administering and managing the Contest. Corus shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Corus for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Corus reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Sunday, June 4, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, July 2, 2017 (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no other entries shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
(a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. To enter online, complete and submit the entry form located at www.disneyxd.ca (the “Contest Website”). No entries will be accepted by any other means.
(b) Limit of one (1) entry per person, per 24-hour period during the Contest Period. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
(c) All entries become the sole property of Corus and will not be returned for any reason.
Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. Unless otherwise set out herein, no communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected as a potential winner.
(d) Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any entrant may be required to provide Corus with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with their entry.
(a) There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be won by the Prize winner (the “Winner”) consisting of a vacation for up to four (4) people to the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, which will include:
(i) Four (4) round trip coach airfares between the major Canadian international gateway airport closest to the winner’s residence, as determined by the Prize Supplier in its sole discretion, and the Orlando International Airport;
(ii) Motor coach transportation to and from Orlando International Airport to a hotel at the Walt Disney World Resort;
(iii) Standard room (maximum four (4) persons per room) at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel (at Prize Supplier’s selection) for five (5) consecutive nights;
(iv) Up to four (4), 6-Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper Plus Option;
(v) One (1) Disney Gift Card in the amount of Six Hundred U.S. dollars (USD$600),
subject to restrictions; and
(vi) One (1) VIP Tour Guide for eight (8) hours in one (1) day during the Prize trip (guide to be selected and subject to restrictions as determined by Prize Supplier).
(b) The Prize has an approximate value of ten thousand, nine hundred American dollars (USD $10,900.00). Actual value will depend on departure city.
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS.
(a) Winner and his/her Guests must be available to travel and participate in the Prize between September 1, 2017 and March 1, 2018. Block-out dates may apply. Should the Winner and/or their Guests be unable to travel and participate during the designated dates, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
(b) Prize bookings/reservations must be made at least forty-five days prior to the intended travel date. All bookings are subject to availability and restrictions at the Walt Disney
World Resort and airline seat availability at the time of booking. Travel may not occur during airline block-out dates, as determined by the Prize Supplier in its sole discretion. Prize elements may be subject to additional restrictions. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change based on availability and providers’ approval. Any portion of a prize not accepted by the Winner will be forfeited.
(c) Winner and Guests will be responsible for transportation to and from originating airport, travel and medical insurance, travel documentation, applicable airport departure fees and taxes, airport parking fees, airport improvement fees or similar charges, bag check fees, tips and gratuities, nursery charges (if applicable), meals, hotel room service, laundry service, spa treatments, alcoholic beverages, local and long distance telephone calls, merchandise and souvenirs, incidental expenses and any other expense not explicitly included in the Prize. Winner may be required to present a valid major credit card upon check-in at the Walt Disney World Resort to cover any expenses over and above the standard room charge.
(d) Winner is not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
(e) Corus and/or the Prize Supplier representatives will contact the Winner to coordinate the provision of the Prize within ten (10) business days once such Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
(f) Guests must: (i) be legally able to travel to the United States; (ii) have any and all necessary documentation as may be required for presentation to Canadian and/or International customs and airport personnel; and (iii) comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
(g) The parent or guardian of any minor not travelling with a parent or guardian must appoint an adult to have custody and control over their minor and to contract on their behalf in connection with the Walt Disney World Resort vacation. An appointment form will be included in the document package and must be signed by parent or legal guardian prior to the travel date.
(h) The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be sold, traded, transferred, assigned, substituted, refunded, commissioned, redeemed for cash or rescheduled to dates other than that as set forth above, except at the sole discretion of Corus and/or the Prize Supplier. Any unused, unclaimed or declined portion of a Prize will be forfeited, have no cash value and neither Corus and/or the Prize Supplier shall have an obligation to provide either an alternative or value-in-kind. Prize elements may not be substituted and are non- commissionable. Corus and/or the Prize Supplier reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
(i) A shipped Prize shall not be insured and neither Corus and/or the Prize Supplier shall assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
(j) Winner and/or any Guest without proper citizenship documentation will be denied boarding. It is the Winner and Guests’ responsibility to check with their travel agent, government agencies, embassies or consulates prior to their vacation to ensure that they
have proper citizenship documentation. Guests of all ages are strongly encouraged to obtain passports.
6. WINNER SELECTION.
One (1) Winner shall be selected as follows:
(a) On or about July 3, 2017 in Toronto, Ontario, one (1) entrant will be selected by a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by Corus. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
(b) THE SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY TELEPHONE OR E-MAIL NO LATER THAN JULY 10, 2017 AT 5:00 P.M. ET AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN FIVE (5) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by telephone or e-mail (as specified in the notification) to the contact number or e-mail address provided no later than the indicated deadline set out in the Contest Rules and/or the notification. If the selected entrant does not respond accordingly, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in Corus’ sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. Corus is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for Corus to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(c) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.
7. RELEASE. Winner and Guests will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms Winner’s and Guests’: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of Corus and the Prize Supplier and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to Corus of the unrestricted right, in Corus’ sole discretion, to produce, reproduce, display, publish, convert, post, serve, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s and Guest’s name, statements, image, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within three (3) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, each entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (a) their participation in the Contest or any Contest- related activity; (b) the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize; or (c) any breach of the Contest Rules. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the entrant’s participation in the Contest, without limitation.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Corus assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. Corus is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. Corus assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Corus assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of Corus, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest and/or the Contest Website.
10. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant is deemed to have executed and agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website and made available throughout the Contest Period. Each entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of Corus, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Corus reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Website or any related promotional website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Corus property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass Corus or any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CORUS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Winner and Guests must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the Prize and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at the Walt Disney World Resort and/or at any other Prize- related location. Corus and/or the Prize Supplier reserve the right to remove from the Walt Disney World Resort and/or any other Prize-related location, any Winner and/or Guest(s) who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Winner and/or Guest(s).
11. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, each entrant: (i) grants to the Corus and/or the Prize Supplier the right to use his/her name, mailing address, age range, telephone number and
e-mail address (collectively the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winner and coordinating the provision of the Prize; (ii) grants to Corus the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Corus and/or the Prize Supplier may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of Corus and/or the Prize Supplier in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
(b) By opting-in online you consent to Corus’ and any of its corporate affiliate’s use of your Personal Information to contact you via email with communication from Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior, Treehouse, YTV and Teletoon for exclusive offers, announcements and other promotions.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade- marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations is owned by Corus and/or the Prize Supplier and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
13. TERMINATION. Corus reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
14. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Corus. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and Corus in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
15. DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest- related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
16. SOCIAL MEDIA. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized, including but not limited to Facebook and/or Twitter. Any personal information provided in connection with the Contest is being provided to Corus and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Corus.