David Chapman’s – Canada Big #CanadaBig – Win a grand prize of a trip for 4 to the Yukon OR 1 of 149 other prizes
Contest Rules & Regulations
1. The Promoter of the Canada Big (“#CanadaBig”) photo sweepstakes is David Chapman’s Ice Cream Limited (“Chapman’s”).
2. The promotion commences on Sunday, May 14th, 2017 at 12:00am EST and closes on July 31st, 2017 at 11:59pm EST.
3. To qualify to enter this promotion the participant must: a) submit a photo they have taken personally, or captured with the assistance of a family or friend – entries of stock photos, for example, will not be accepted – showcasing a Chapman’s Yukon product (“product”) of their choosing OR a photo of said participant enjoying his or her favourite Yukon product in a context deemed appropriate by Chapman’s in accordance with section 5, Photo Submissions; b) ensure product(s) used in the photo is highly visible and can easily be determined to be of the Chapman’s Yukon brand/line; c) be a legal resident as defined by Canada Revenue Agency d) acknowledge and agree that they will not post content that will infringe or violate the rights of other individuals or that will transgress copyright or other applicable laws.
4. Chapman’s will not reimburse entrants for any costs incurred in the editing of or posting of their photos, nor the purchase/procurement of the product.
5. Photo submissions: a) Chapman’s has the right to remove offensive or copyrighted content. Furthermore, Chapman’s shall incur no liability for doing so or for failing to do so, and the entrant shall be solely liable for any resulting liability; b) the appropriateness of the submission shall be determined by Chapman’s, in its sole and absolute discretion, and all decisions made regarding the acceptability of an entrant’s submission shall be final and binding. For example, photos depicting individuals making inappropriate gestures or including individuals whose dress/attire would not otherwise be deemed appropriate for a broad audience (in Chapmans’ sole and absolute discretion) will be rejected.
6. By entering the promotion, all participants grant Chapman’s a perpetual licence to use their submission for promotional purposes.
7. Winners of the Contest will be chosen by random selection, beginning with the grand prize draw for a trip for 4 to the Yukon, valued at approximately $14,000 CAD. Following the grand prize draw, there will be: 10 draws for “Free ice cream for a year”, valued at $208 CAD each (52 x $4 coupons); 10 draws for Chapman’s Prize packs valued at $50 CAD each; and 129 draws for $4 off coupon vouchers.
8. The individuals who meet the criteria outlined in the prizing section will be awarded the indicated prizes, provided their photo has not been removed in accordance with the Contest rules and they are otherwise in compliance with all Photo Submissions guidelines.
9. On August 2nd, 2017 at 10:00am at the offices of Chapman’s Ice Cream, the winners will be selected by random draw beginning with the grand prize draw.
10. In the event a prize winner is under the age of majority in his or her province of residence, a parent or guardian must accept the prize on his or her behalf.
11. In the event of a dispute, the decision of Chapman’s shall be final and binding on all aspects of the Contest and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The final winners will be notified by Chapman’s via email, phone, or direct contact via the platform of submission upon entry, and the winners consent to being so notified. If the selected eligible entrant cannot be contacted by phone or email on or before August 31st, 2017 at 11:00 am, he/she will be disqualified and another eligible entrant will be selected and contacted, and Chapman’s shall not incur any liability for doing so. Chapman’s is not responsible for a selected eligible entrant’s failure to receive notification for any reason whatsoever. All participants acknowledge and agree that Chapman’s and its agents can remove (and or disregard) any content or information, in whole or in part, that is posted by the participant which breaches the terms and conditions of this Contest.
14. All information relating to this Contest and published on any promotional material shall form part of the terms and conditions of the entry. 1
5. Chapman’s, its associated companies, its agents, contractors, employees, officers, and directors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from an entrant’s participation in the Contest or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising.
16. Each entrant can only use one social media, or email account to submit their Electronic Entry. Maximum of one (1) electronic entry per person for the duration of the Contest (no multiple entries across platforms/submission methods). If it is discovered that an entrant attempted to enter more than one (1) Electronic Entry, all Electronic Entries for that entrant will be deemed void.
17. Entrants are not eligible to participate in the Contest if they are: a) employees, officers, directors, agents or representatives of Chapman’s ice cream, in any capacity; or b) a member of the household and/or immediate family of any of the above parties (“immediate family” means husband, wife, legally married or common law spouse as defined by the Canada Revenue Agency, mother, father, brother, sister, son, and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household).
18. The odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received.
19. No purchase is necessary to participate in the Contest.
20. Winners will be required to answer a skill-testing question to claim their prize.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. You are providing your information to David Chapman’s Ice Cream Limited, and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (“social platforms”). By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of these social platforms from any claims relating to or arising from this Contest.
1Non-transferrable. No cash equivalent. Destination Northern Tales Travel Services Inc., (Aurora Borealis At Northern Lights Resort & Spa) Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada Y1A 5P7. 5 days, 4 nights. Complete package details, including accommodations/lodging and meals available here. All fees and taxes included. Optional “Trip options” such as Snowmobile Driving, and Full Day Dog Sledding not included. $2000 CAD in spending cash included within total prize value of $14,096. Flights for 4 (economy class) courtesy of Air Canada, along with transportation to and from airport and itinerary events included. Trip must be booked between August 18th, 2017 and April 15th, 2018 OR August 18th, 2018 and April 15th, 2019, subject to availability.