CST Canada – Stay Cool this Summer – Win an Air Conditioner valued at $2,500
“Stay Cool this Summer” CONTEST
1. The contest is held in Quebec and Ontario by CST Canada Co. (hereinafter the “Contest
Organizer”) from April 13th to June 11th, 2017, inclusively (hereinafter the “Contest Period”).
2. This contest is open to all people residing in areas serviced by Ultramar Business & Home
Energy in Quebec and Ontario with the exception of the Contest Organizer’s employees,
agents and representatives; those of their affiliated companies, Ultramar Business & Home
Energy, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of materials and services used
for the contest, any other party directly linked to this contest; and any member of their
immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law
spouses and individuals with whom such employees, agents and representatives are
HOW TO ENTER
3. To enter, simply complete the entry form at contest.ultramarcst.ca with your first name, last
name, postal code, email address and phone number, no later than June 11, 2017. No
purchase necessary to enter the Grand Prize draw. Upon receipt of your duly completed
entry form, you will automatically be entered in the draw. Limit of one entry form per entrant.
4. You may also enter the contest by mailing, in a sufficiently stamped envelope, your name,
complete address and phone number along with an original letter (that may be handwritten)
explaining that you wish to subscribe to the contest, to: “Stay Cool this Summer” Contest,
Ultramar Business & Home Energy, 5800 St-Denis Street, Suite 902, Montreal, Quebec,
H2S 3L5. The letter must be mailed and postmarked no later than June 11, 2017.
5. Limit of one entry per entrant, no matter the form of entry.
6. One (1) Grand Prize is offered consisting of $2,500 awarded in the form of a credit
applicable on the purchase of a mural or central air conditioning unit or a mural or central
heat pump at Ultramar Business & Home Energy.
7. A random draw to award the Grand Prize will be held at 2 p.m. at CST’s head office in
Montréal, on June 20, 2017. One (1) eligible entry will be randomly drawn to award the prize
among all entries duly received.
8. The following restrictions apply to the Grand Prize: the credit is only applied on the purchase
of a mural or central air conditioning unit or a mural or central heat pump at Ultramar
Business & Home Energy. The winner’s residence must be situated in an area serviced by
Ultramar Business & Home Energy (which includes Greater Montréal, Beauport, Beaupré,
Boischatel, Cap-Rouge, Charlesbourg, Charny, Château-Richer, Duberger, Haute-Ville, Île
d’Orléans, Lac-Beauport, Lac-Delage, Lac-St-Charles, L’Ancienne-Lorette, L’Ange-Gardien,
Les Saules, Lévis, Limoilou, Loretteville, Neufchatel, Neuville, Québec, Sainte-Anne-deBeaupré,
Saint-Agapit, Saint-Apolinaire, Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures, Sainte-Brigitte-deLaval,
Sainte-Catherine-de-la-Jacques-Cartier, Saint-Émile, Saint-Étienne, Sainte-Foy,
Saint-Gabriel-de-Valcartier, Saint-Gilles, Saint-Henri-de-Lévis, Saint-Jean-Chrysostome,
Saint-Joachim, Saint-Louis-de-Gonzague-du-Cap-Tourmente, Saint-Nicolas, Saint-Pascal,
Saint-Petronille, Saint-Rédempteur, Saint-Roch, Saint-Romuald, Saint-Sacrement, SaintSauveur,
Shannon, Sillery, Stoneham-et-Tewkesbury, Val Bélair, Valcartier, Vanier,
Wendake, Ottawa, Cornwall, Pembroke, Belleville, Lindsay and Mount Albert), area subject
to change and determined at the sole discretion of the Contest Organizer. The prize must be
accepted as awarded with no substitutions and is only applicable to purchases made before
August 31, 2017.
HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE
9. Once selected for a prize, the entrant must:
a) be available to be reached by telephone within ten (10) days of the draw, or by June
30, 2017 at 2 p.m. at the latest. Any selected entrant who cannot be contacted after
appropriate and reasonable measures have been taken by the Contest Organizer
during that ten (10) day period will be declared ineligible to receive his/her prize and
another draw will be held to award that prize. If an entrant plans to be unavailable
during this period of time, he/she may inform the Contest Organizer in advance of the
b) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be
asked by telephone at a prearranged time.
c) sign the declaration and liability waiver form described hereinafter, stating that he/she
has read, understood and complied with the Contest Rules. This declaration form shall
be sent by mail and must be returned to the Contest Organizer within ten (10) days of
Upon receiving this declaration and liability waiver form duly signed, the Contest Organizer
will notify the winner of the manner in which he/she may obtain the prize. If the selected
entrant is found to be in violation of one of the aforementioned conditions or any conditions
stipulated in the present Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and a new draw will be
held until a winner is declared.
10. All entry forms will be subject to verification by the Contest Organizer or their
representatives. Any entry that is fraudulently reproduced by hand or by any other means
whatsoever, illegible, incomplete, or otherwise not in compliance with the Contest Rules will
be automatically rejected and will not be eligible to win a prize.
11. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to make all verifications deemed useful before
awarding the prize. If the person drawn is not eligible or entered this contest by any means
contrary to these Contest Rules or which would be unfair to the other entrants (e.g. entries
exceeding the permitted limit), this person will be disqualified and may have to answer
before the relevant legal authority.
12. The Contest Organizer is not responsible for documents that have been misdirected or sent
in late by entrants.
13. The prize must be accepted as described in the present Contest Rules and cannot be
transferred to another person, substituted for another prize or exchanged totally or in part for
its cash value, subject to the provisions in the following paragraph.
14. In the event that the Contest Organizer is unable to award the prize as described in these
Contest Rules, for reasons unrelated to the winner, they reserve the right to award a similar
prize of equal value or, at their sole discretion, the value of the prize indicated in these
Contest Rules in cash.
15. By participating in this contest, the winner authorizes the Contest Organizer and their
representatives to use, if required, his/her name, photograph, image, place of residence,
voice and/or declaration regarding the prize for advertising purposes, without any
16. The winner releases the Contest Organizer, their affiliates, advertising and promotional
agencies, employees, agents and representatives from any and all liability for any damages
he/she may suffer as a result of his/her participation in the contest, whether or not in
compliance with the Contest Rules, as well as those resulting from the acceptance or use of
his/her prize. Prior to obtaining his/her prize, the winner agrees to sign a declaration and
liability waiver form to this effect.
17. Any person who participates or tries to participate in this contest releases the Contest
Organizer, their affiliate companies, advertising and promotional agencies, employees,
agents and representatives from any and all liability for damages that he/she may incur as a
result of participating or trying to participate in this contest.
18. The Contest Organizer, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies,
their employees, agents and representatives are not liable for faulty computer components,
software, or communication lines, relating to any transmission that is faulty, incomplete,
incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network that could limit the possibility of, or
prevent any person from, entering this contest.
19. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate,
modify or suspend this contest, in whole or in part, in the case of an event or any human
intervention that could corrupt or affect the administration, safety, impartiality or running of
the contest as foreseen in these Contest Rules.
20. In the event that the computerized system is unable to fully process all entries for any reason
during the Contest Period, or if the Contest be terminated, in whole or in part, before the
designated end date, the Contest Organizer will select the winner in a random draw from
among all eligible entries registered during the Contest Period or as of the date of the event
giving rise to the termination, as the case may be.
21. In any case, the Contest Organizer, their affiliate companies, advertising and promotional
agencies, suppliers of materials and services related to the contest and their employees,
agents and representatives, will not be liable to award more than the three prizes mentioned
in the Contest Rules or award a prize other than in compliance with the Contest Rules.
22. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose name appears on
the entry form. Subject to compliance with these Contest Rules, it is to this person to whom
the prize will be awarded if he/she is declared a winner.
23. In the event a minor wins a prize, an adult parent or legal guardian shall agree to take
possession of the prize in the name of the minor and sign a declaration to that effect
included in the declaration and liability waiver form.
24. All decisions of the Contest Organizer or those of their representatives regarding this contest
are final and binding, subject to a decision of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux
du Québec in regards to Quebec residents.
25. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organisation of a publicity
contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a
ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie for the
purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.