Cabela’s Retail – Canada Day – Win 1 of 3 prizes of an Ascend D-10 Sit-In Kayak & their winning photo in a future Cabela’s Catalogue
CABELA’S CANADA DAY PHOTO CONTEST
Three (3) prizes nationally for in store entries and online: One (1) ASCEND® D – 10 Sit – In Kayak and their winning photo in a future Cabela’s catalogue.
Official Contest Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Not open to residents of Quebec. In order to be eligible to enter into the Contest, an entrant must be a legal resident of Canada, who is at least the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence at the time of entry.
3. Employees, representatives and agents of Cabela’s Retail Canada, Inc. and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, distributors, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of this Contest as well as the immediate family members of the aforementioned persons (parents, children, siblings and/or spouse, regardless of where they live) and anyone with whom they are domiciled, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate in this Contest. VOID WHEREVER PROHIBITED BY CANADIAN LAWS.
4. CONTEST PERIOD: This Contest will begin at midnight, Central Time on June 21, 2018 and end at midnight Central Time on July 15, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). Photos will be sent to CHQ at first opportunity on July 16, 2018.
5. ENTRY METHODS: Legibly print your full name, mailing address, and phone
number or email address onto an entry ballot and stick to the back of photo to be placed on the photo entry board at one of the Cabela’s Canada retail locations listed below. One ballot entry is permitted for each published seminar or demonstration at the retail location listed below:
Cabela’s, 6150 Currents Dr. NW, Edmonton, Alberta T6W 0L7
Cabela’s, 1714 Preston Ave. N., Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 4Y1
Cabela’s, 580 Sterling Lyon Pky., Winnipeg, Manitoba R3P 1E9
Cabela’s, 4901 Gordon Rd., Regina, Saskatchewan S4W 0B7
Cabela’s, 15320 37 St. NW., Edmonton, Alberta T5Y 0S5
Cabela’s, Park Place Centre, 50 Concert Way, Barrie, Ontario L4N 6N5
Cabela’s, 6902 Island Highway N., Nanaimo, British Columbia V9V 1P6
Cabela’s, 851-64th Ave. NE., Calgary, Alberta T2E 7P4
Cabela’s, 3065 Palladium Dr., Ottawa, Ontario K2T 0N2
Cabela’s, 1818 McCallum Rd., Abbotsford, British Columbia, V2S 0H9
(iii) To enter online go to www.cabelas.ca/contest and completely fill out the online
entry form by providing your full name, photo entry, mailing address, and phone number or email address during the Contest Period. You may obtain additional Contest entries online (up to a maximum of five (5) additional entries) if you use the “Share” option found within the Contest application. Each time you Share an invitation to participate in the Contest with other individuals, you will receive one (1) additional entry into the Contest draw up to a maximum of
five (5) additional entries, even if the recipient of the individual you invited to participate in the Contest does not participate. You may send an invitation to participate in the Contest draw to any other individual via Facebook or by email through the Contest application. By providing the email address of individuals you invite to participate in the Contest, you agree and confirm that you have received permission from such individuals to disclose their email address to the Contest
Sponsor and the Contest Partners.
6. GRAND PRIZE: One (1) ASCEND® D – 10 Sit – In Kayak and their winning photo in a future Cabela’s Catalogue. Three (3) prize winners from each location entries and from online entries. The prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. No cash alternative nor substitute to the Grand Prize will be offered, however, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is not available. PRIZE WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE ONLY TO THE IDENTIFIED WINNER.
Total retail value of entire package is $569.99.
7. CLAIMING PRIZES: Three (3) entries will be selected at 25 De Baets St., Winnipeg, MB R2J 4G5, on July 26, 2018. The winner does not need to be present to win. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. The selected entrant will be notified by telephone or email, at the phone number or email address provided on the entry form. To claim the prize, the selected entrant must follow the directions provided on the notice. As a condition of being awarded the prize, except where prohibited by law, the selected entrant may be required to execute and deliver a signed affidavit confirming eligibility, acceptance of these Official Contest Rules, release of liability, and/or a publicity release. By participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees and understands that Sponsor’s decisions concerning this Contest are final and binding. The prize is non-refundable, nonredeemable for cash, non-transferable, non-assignable and non-endorsable. The selected entrant is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, provincial and local laws, rules and regulations. Except where prohibited, the selected entrant will be sent a confirming letter, the mathematical skill-testing question and an affidavit of eligibility, a release of liability and/or a publicity release within ten (10) business days of being selected. In order to be declared a winner, the selected entrant must correctly answer the skill-testing question as well as sign and return the affidavit of eligibility, the release of liability and/or the publicity release within ten (10) business days of receipt of confirming letter. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within ten (10) business days of the first attempt to contact him/her or if he/she fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, where applicable, or if he/she fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility, the release of liability and/or the publicity release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place at random from among all eligible entries received.
8. SKILL-TESTING QUESTION: The selected entrant must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, unaided (by electronic or mechanical device or otherwise) prior to being awarded the prize.
9. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited by law, the winner agrees that Cabela’s Retail Canada Inc. and/or its agents may use the winner’s name, picture/portrait, likeness and voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, notification or permission.
10. GENERAL RULES OF PARTICIPATION: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to challenge the decision of the Sponsor regarding any claim of ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, whose decision shall be binding. To the extent permitted by law, Cabela’s Retail Canada, Inc. and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, agencies as well as each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Releasees”), shall not be liable for distorted, incomplete, illegible, undelivered, damaged, or lost entries; and/or any delays or disruptions beyond their reasonable control. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor. If for any reason this Contest is not able to be conducted as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and/or randomly draw from those entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date. By entering you understand and agree that your entry, including entry material, will not be returned to you and may be moderated or edited by Cabela’s as it deems appropriate. The image you provide must be available in JPG or JPEG file format with the longest side of the image being a minimum of 1,600 pixels on the longest side of the image and the file size being a maximum of 20 MB. Individuals must provide photograph of this quality a maximum of 24 hours after being notified that they are a winner. You grant to the Sponsors the irrevocable right to use your entry material in any media worldwide and for any purpose related to the Contest (or any similar contest), including the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, or create derivative works from you, your Entry Material without notification, compensation or additional; consideration to you. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING LEGAL FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY PERSON FROM THE CONTEST AND FROM ANY FUTURE CONTESTS FOR ANY VIOLATION OF THESE
RULES OR ACTIONS IMPACTING THE INTEGRITY OR FAIRNESS OF THIS OR OTHER CONTESTS CONDUCTED BY SPONSOR.
11. SPONSOR: The Cabela’s Outdoor Giveaway is sponsored by Cabela’s Retail Canada Inc., 25 De Baets St., Winnipeg, MB R2J 4G5 (“Sponsor”).
12. DISCLAIMER: Entrants are solely responsible for their own actions relating to this Contest, including, without limitation, their participation in the Contest and their acceptance and/or use or misuse of a prize. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree to release, defend and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any liability arising, directly or indirectly, in connection with the Contest and/or use or misuse of the prize or elements thereof.
marketing communication, he/she may email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to opt out; or alternatively mailing an opt-out request to Cabela’s Retail Canada Inc., Attn: Privacy Officer, 25 De Baets St., Winnipeg, MB R2J 4G5.
14. WINNER LIST: The name of the winner of this Contest will be made available upon written request by mailing a self-addressed and stamped request to Cabela’s Retail Canada Inc., Attn: Cabela’s Outdoor Giveaway Winner List, 25 De Baets St., Winnipeg, MB R2J 4G5 to be received no later than August 1, 2018.
MTL01: 2962420: v2
CABELA’S LEGAL DEPT.
LEGAL # C.2016.08589