Bicycling – The Rapha Ride Style – Win a $1,500 Rapha shopping credit
Rapha Ride Style Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. The “Rapha Ride Style Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) starts at 12:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 3, 2017 and ends at 12:00 pm ET on June 5, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”). Eastern Time shall control for all purposes of this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is governed by these Official Rules, is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws, and provincial or territorial laws, and is void wherever prohibited by law.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 49 United States and District of Columbia (excluding residents of Rhode Island, Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions), and Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec and all other countries, territories or possessions), who are 18 years of age or older and the age of majority in his/her state, province, or territory of residence at the time of entry. Canadian residents, to win, must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill testing question administered by mail. Any individuals who have, within one year prior to the start date of the Sweepstakes, performed services for Sponsors, or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and successor companies or any organizations responsible for fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes or supplying any prize, and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win the prize. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Mechanically altered or reproduced Entries are not eligible. In order to enter the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules, and by entering you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects, and you certify that you are eligible to enter.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, visit www.bicycling.com/raphaprize (the “Web Site”) during the Promotion Period and completely fill out all the required fields on the entry form, including first and last name, complete home mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), daytime telephone number (including area code), date of birth and e-mail address. Then submit your entry form to the Web Site (the “Entry” or “Entries”).” ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 12:00 pm ET, June 5, 2017. Limit one (1) Entry per person per e-mail address per day throughout the Promotion Period. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Entries submitted to the Web Site will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
3. RANDOM DRAWING; ODDS OF WINNING: Sponsors will randomly select the winner(s) from among all eligible entries received after 12:00 p.m. on June 5, 2017. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be notified by e-mail, using the information provided on his/her Entry, on or about June 19, 2017. Sponsor will send to potential winner by e-mail, at the e-mail address on his/her Entry, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Publicity Release, unless prohibited by law, and any other documentation that Sponsors require (the “Affidavit”). In order to redeem his/her prize, potential winner shall sign, have notarized, and return to Sponsor Rodale Inc. the Affidavit within fourteen (14) days from the date Sponsors sent the Affidavit. In the event: (a) potential winner cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information stated in the Entry, (b) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (c) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, (d) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, (e) potential winner’s prize notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable for whatever reason, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Sweepstakes and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsor Rodale Inc.’s sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received. Winner selection is under the supervision of Sponsor Rodale Inc., whose decisions are final and binding in all respects.
5. PRIZES: The approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of the prize is $1,500.00 and consists of a $1,500.00 Rapha shopping credit to be redeemed at http://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US. There is a total of one prize to be awarded to one winner. Prize subject to any and all applicable terms and conditions of sale and website terms and conditions set forth at http://pages.rapha.cc/service/website-terms-conditions. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will be sent an IRS Federal 1099-MISC tax form for the retail value of any prize at or above $600. No transfer, refund, substitution or replacement of prize permitted, except that Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). ARV of all prizes is in U.S. dollars. All prizes will be awarded within 1 year of receipt of valid and executed winners’ affidavit or prize confirmation. Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted.
7. NO TAMPERING; RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY: Sponsors and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) Entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) Entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Sweepstakes or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellation, delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this promotion or any promotion or prize related activities. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or with any Web sites promoting the Sweepstakes; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Sweepstakes multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes, including the Promotion Period, for any reason deemed necessary in Sponsor’s sole discretion, including, but not limited to, fraud, technical failures or difficulties, human error or any other reason, and notice of any modification, extension, suspension or termination will be posted at www.bicycling.com/raphaprize.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and winner agree to release, discharge, hold harmless, and indemnify Sponsors and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertisers, and successors and assigns, and each of their respective shareholders, partners, members, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, contractors, and vendors (“Released Parties”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, prize/merchandise delivery and fulfillment. By accepting the prize, winner agrees that any liability concerning or arising out of the prize rests solely with the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person’s computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Sweepstakes. In the event that you breach any of your representations, warranties or undertakings contained herein, Released Parties shall be entitled to and may seek indemnification from you for recovery of all legal fees, damages, claims and other expenses that may be incurred by Released Parties as a result of your aforementioned breach. Entrant and winners agrees to indemnify Released Parties from any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, arising from or relating to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and the Entry. Entrants and winners acknowledge that Sponsors have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, express warranties provided by the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates.
9. DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANT OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN LEHIGH COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“AAA RULES”). THE AAA RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN PENNSYLVANIA, AS DETERMINED BY SPONSORS. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN LEHIGH COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES. EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR RELEASED PARTIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUED, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED. IF ANY PART OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION IS DEEMED TO BE INVALID, UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, OR OTHERWISE CONFLICTS WITH THE AAA RULES, THEN THE BALANCE OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION SHALL REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS TERMS AS IF THE INVALID, UNENFORCEABLE, ILLEGAL OR CONFLICTING PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN.
10. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER BE PERMITTED OR ENTITLED TO OBTAIN ANY RECOVERY OR AWARD FOR, AND each ENTRANT and winner HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVEs ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK and obtain, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, or treble damages, AND/OR have ANY OTHER DAMAGES, including REIMBURSEMENT FOR attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses, OTHER THAN ACTUAL damages, AND/OR have damages multiplied and/or increased AND/OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF, INCLUDING RECISSION OF THE OFFICIAL RULES.
11. WINNER’S LIST; FUTURE SWEEPSTAKES/CONTESTS: The winner’s list will be posted on the Web Site on or about June 26, 2017, or to receive a list of the winners after June 5, 2017 by mail send a self-addressed envelope, with applicable U.S. postage affixed (VT state residents only may omit return postage), to: Rapha Ride Style Sweepstakes, Rodale Inc., 400 South 10th Street, Emmaus, Pa 18049, Attn: Andrew Bernstein, or by e-mail send an e-mail to Andrew.email@example.com, and in the body of the e-mail type: Please e-mail me the winner’s list for the “Rapha Ride Style Sweepstakes.”
12. SPONSORS: The Sponsors of the Sweepstakes are Rodale Inc., 400 South 10th Street, Emmaus, PA 18098-0099, and Rapha Racing, LLC, 1915 NW Kearney Street, Portland, OR, 97209.
PRIZE: $1,500 Rapha shopping credit
RETAIL VALUE: $1,500.00
NUMBER OF PRIZES: One (1)
ODDS OF WINNING: Depends on total number eligible entries received