Best Buy Canada – Win a BenQ 4K Projector valued at over $1,999
Contest Rules for Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”)
Win a BenQ 4K Home Theatre Projector
How to Enter
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Entries may be made between 9:00 a.m. PST on February 12, 2018 and 11:59 p.m. PST on Feb 26, 2018
(the “Contest Period”) in one of the following methods:
a. Online: Tell us what you would add to your home if you won a BenQ 4K projector in the comment
section of the official Best Buy Canada Plug-in Blog contest blog post located on BestBuy.ca; or
b. By Mail: Print your full legal name, date of birth, city or town of residence, phone number, email
address and why you want a BenQ 4K projector in your home on a 3” by 5” piece of paper, and mail it
to: “WIN a BenQ 4K PROJECTOR FROM BEST BUY”, 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC, V5J 5K3.
3. One entry per person maximum. Participants making more than one entry may be disqualified. Entries
that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
Who Can Enter
4. The Contest is open to residents of Canada. Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or guardian who has
reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the Contest, must
indicate acceptance of the Contest rules for the entrant to be eligible and in such instances the prize will
be awarded to such parent or guardian.
5. The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”) or its parent, subsidiaries or
affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents,
or anyone with whom any of the foregoing lives together with.
6. There is one prize available to be won: a BenQ 4K Projector worth approximately $1999.99.
7. The prize is to be administered by Best Buy. All of the above prize details are subject to change without
notice at Best Buy’s sole discretion.
8. All other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner.
9. Prizes are subject to the following restrictions:
a. Each prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, not redeemable for cash and no component
thereof is convertible to cash;
b. Each prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be sold; and
c. Best Buy reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes with a prize of equivalent retail value in the
event the prizes are not reasonably available at their discretion.
10.The contest will take place from Feb 12, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. PST until Feb 26, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. PST. The
winner will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries submitted as provided in these Contest
Page 2 of 3
Rules. Draw will be made at 10:00 a.m. PST on Mar 1, 2018 at Best Buy’s office located at 8800 Glenlyon
Parkway, Burnaby, BC, V5J 5K3.
11. Following the draw, the selected entrants will be contacted in a response to their contest entry.
12. In order to receive a prize, the selected entrants must:
a. respond to the prize notification email or telephone call within forty-eight (48) hours of transmission;
b. correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
c. sign a declaration stating that he/she:
i. has read, understands and complies with the Contest rules;
ii. releases and discharges Best Buy, BenQ, subsidiaries affiliates, officers, directors,
employees, and agents(collectively, the “Released Parties”); and
iii. consents to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy of
the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, and/or use of winning
room for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
13. If the prize winner fails to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 13, their applicable
prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected by random draw.
14. The chances of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
15. By entering the Contest, participants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal
information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, nonpersonal
form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits,
which reports Best Buy’s may disclose to others.
16. Participants who indicate on their entry form that they wish to receive Best Buy’s e-newsletter further
consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information (including their email address)
by Best Buy for the purpose of providing the e-newsletter. Signing-up for the e-newsletter will not affect
the odds of winning.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
17. Best Buy and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for,
or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for
a. any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest
entries, regardless of the cause;
b. any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
c. any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are
d. any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the
e. any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or
otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or
punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from,
connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation
in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the www.bestbuycanada.ca web site (including the
downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by
Best Buy or anyone for whom Best Buy is responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy may have
been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
Page 3 of 3
18. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to
computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other
cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of
the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct
and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
19. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE
LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND
BEST BUY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE
PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
20. Return of any prize notification email as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate
winner may be selected.
21. Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
22. Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest rules.
23. Best Buy reserves the right, at their option, to publish the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness,
voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
24. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by
law. Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government. If any
provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other
provisions will remain in full force and effect.
25. Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government.
26. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity Contest may be submitted by a
resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any
litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to
the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.