Bell Media – etalk Harry Styles – Win a trip for 2 to Los Angeles
etalk Harry Styles Contest
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
May 5, 2017 – May 10, 2017
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
PLEASE NOTE: THE WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO TRAVEL TO LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA BETWEEN MONDAY MAY 15 -WEDNESDAY MAY 17 2017 AS A CONDITION OF RECEIPT OF THE PRIZE.
1. Entry – To enter the etalk Harry Styles contest (“Contest”), simply visit the web site located at etalk.ca, click on the Contest page and complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the Contest page. All entries must be complete with applicable mandatory information on the entry form. Limit of one (1) entry per person, per day. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once per day, all your entries will be void. Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
2. Contest Period – The Contest starts at 10:00am ET on Friday, May 5, 2017 and closes at 11:59pm ET on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
3. Contest Sponsors – The contest sponsors are: Bell Media Inc. (“BMI”) and Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc. (hereinafter together referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”).
4. Eligibility – To enter and to be eligible to win, an entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence . Employees of the Contest Sponsors, and each of their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, and the parents, siblings and children of, and persons domiciled with, such employee are ineligible to enter.
By entering this Contest, the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”). All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
5. Prize – There is one (1) prize consisting of a trip for two (2) to Los Angeles, California (the “Prize”). The Prize includes:
– round trip economy air fare for two (2) from a major Canadian airport closest to the Prize winner’s place of residence in Canada as determined by the Contest Sponsors at their sole discretion (hereinafter referred to as the “Departure Point”);
– two (2) nights accommodation (based on one (1) room, double occupancy) as chosen by the Contest Sponsors at their sole discretion;
– 2 tickets to see Harry Styles at The Late Late show with James Corden on May 16, 2017; and
– One (1) CAD$500 credit card gift card.
Approximate retail value of the Prize is $2,500.00 CAD based on a Toronto, ON Departure Point. The approximate retail value of the Prize as may be stated in advertising or other promotion materials, and/or these Rules, are subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, the passage of time between the date the respective approximate retail value is stated by the Contest Sponsors and the date the respective prize is awarded or redeemed, and/or the proximity of the winner’s city of residence to the City of Toronto. If, at the time the Prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for the Prize is less than the approximate retail value stated in advertising and promotion materials, and/or in these Contest rules, the Prize winner will not be entitled to any difference. The credit card gift card shall be subject to any and all terms and conditions of the card as determined at the sole discretion of the issuing company.
The chosen travelling companion must be of the age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides. The Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein, including, without limitation, as applicable, taxes, fuel/currency surcharges, ground transportation, meals and beverages, room service, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, insurance, any required travel documentation, all personal expenses of any kind or nature, and any overnight layover. Travel dates will be determined by the Contest Sponsors at their sole discretion. No change in travel arrangements can be made by the Prize winner once his/her booking has been confirmed. The Prize may not be used towards any type of frequent flyer mileage, or other reward point accumulation program. The Prize winner and his/her travelling companion must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion and authority, failing which the Prize will be forfeited. Departure dates and accommodation are subject to availability and change without notice or compensation. The Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are also solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from the Departure Point as the Prize originates and terminates there. It is the sole responsibility of the Prize winner and his/her travelling companion to obtain all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas, and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements, as applicable. It is recommended that the Prize winner and his/her travelling companion obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure.
6. Prize Substitution – Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable.
7. Winner Determination – On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at approximately 9:00am ET, a random draw for the Prize will take place at BMI, in Toronto, Ontario from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of winning the Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. BMI, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential Prize winner by telephone and/or email immediately after the draw (“Winner Notification”). In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted within 4 hours of Winner Notification by BMI (including failing to reply to the Winner Notification) or, if contacted, does not meet all of the Contest conditions outlined in these Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified. In such case, and at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors, an alternate potential winner may be drawn from among all remaining eligible entries whom BMI will attempt to contact and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared the winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by BMI.
Before being awarded, and being permitted to participate in, the Prize, each Prize winner and his/her travelling companion (or their parent or legal guardian, where applicable, in the case of a minor winner) will be required to sign and return, within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she (i) has read and understood these Rules, (ii) grants all consents required by Contest Sponsors, (iii) agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsors and/or similar matters, (iv) authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes in connection with this Contest at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, (v) accepts the Prize as offered (in the capacity of the winner or travelling companion, as the case may be), and (vi) agrees to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability of any kind arising out of his/her participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize (in the capacity of the winner or travelling companion, as the case may be). In the event that the potential winner or his/her travelling companion do not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, the Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner and draw an alternate potential winner (as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion) and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later than 5pm on Friday, May 12, 2017.
8. Tampering – Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated maximum number of entries by using multiple/different names, email addresses, identities, registrations, logins, robotic, macro, script, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest entry services) or any other methods will void that person’s entries and eligibility to win the Prize and that participant will be disqualified from the Contest and, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors, any of the Contest Sponsors’ other promotions. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of these Contest rules will be disqualified. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner (such as is described above) by using or relying on any evidence or other information made available to, or otherwise discovered by, the Contest Sponsors. Any attempts to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserves their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. The Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for garbled, illegible, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries (which will be void and ineligible as entries), mail, voice messages, or e-mails, incorrect or inaccurate capture of entrant information, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors related to this Contest, failure of the internet, any operating system, app or website during the Contest, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or data network or lines, computer line or network systems, servers, access providers, computer or mobile device equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet, mobile data network, or at any website or app, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from using, accessing, playing or downloading any material in relation to the Contest.
9. Termination/Modification – If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from among all eligible Submissions received up until the time of cancelation, termination, modification, amendment, extension or suspension. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof.
11. Construction: Contest is subject to and will be interpreted according to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations in Canada. By entering this Contest each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and by the decisions of the Contest Sponsors, which shall be final on all matters relating to the Contest. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Contest Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario without giving effect to its conflict of law rules and provisions. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario. All entrants expressly agree that the Ontario courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and agree to submit to the laws of and the jurisdiction of the federal courts of Canada and provincial courts of the Province of Ontario, and hereby waive the jurisdiction of any other court that now or in the future could be considered competent for any reason. The venue shall only be Toronto, Ontario.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of the Rules, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
12. TM/IP/Copyright – All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned or licensed by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.