Airbnb – OMG! Fund – Win 1 of 100 prizes valued at $100K USD each- Win 1 of 100 prizes valued at $100K USD each
Sponsor: “Airbnb” is the sponsor of this Contest and offering the OMG! Fund contest (“Contest”). For the purposes of these Official Rules and in relation to data protection, the Airbnb entity shall be based on your Country/Region of Residence:
● If your Country/Region of Residence is the United States, you are contracting with Airbnb, Inc., 888 Brannan Street, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103, United States.
● If your Country/Region of Residence is Japan, you are contracting with Airbnb Global Services Limited (“Airbnb GSL”).
● If your Country/Region of Residence is outside of the United States and Japan, you are contracting with Airbnb Ireland UC (“Airbnb Ireland”), 8 Hanover Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Airbnb has established a fund dedicated to making the creative, unusual and unique home-sharing space/listing ideas of aspiring Hosts on Airbnb a reality. The aim of this Contest is to identify, through an application and judging process, one-hundred (100) people (each
individually a “Winner”; collectively, “Winners”) who will each receive a grant of up to USD $100,000 (“Prize”) (subject to fulfilling all requirements set forth herein to receive the entirety of
the Prize). The sole purpose of the Prize is to enable each Winner to carry out their plans of creating or renovating an unique space, with the intention that upon completion, guests will have the opportunity to experience the space by booking it on Airbnb (“Space”). Payments of the Prize will be made to Winners in three (3) phases of approximately USD $33,333 upon their individual completion of thematic, design and construction milestones, with a total payment of
USD $100,000 to be awarded to Winners who complete all thematic, design and construction milestones (as more fully set forth below).
Eligible individuals (“Entrants”/“You”), who at all times comply with the eligibility conditions provided below, may enter the Contest from 12:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) on 22 June 2022 until 11:59pm ET on 22 July 2022 by the process outlined below. Entries must be submitted by following the process outlined in these Official Rules and be received by the close of the Contest to be eligible. Entries received after 11:59pm ET on 22 July 2022 or submitted by any other means will not be taken into consideration and will be automatically disregarded.
A total of one-hundred (100) Entrants will be selected to receive the Prize. Each Winner will receive a monetary grant in the amount of USD $100,000, subject to the Prize distribution requirements listed below, and less transaction fees (e.g. currency conversion rates) and any tax required to be withheld in the Winner’s Country/Region of Residence.
Unless Airbnb is required by Winner’s Country/Region to withhold and pay the income tax withholding amount levied against the Prize, Winners will be responsible for all taxes (income and withholding) associated with acceptance and use of the Prize and Winners should take this into consideration when creating a budget for the Space. Winners should be sure to obtain the services of a tax consultant.
Airbnb will have no obligation whatsoever for any related taxes or social contributions that may be payable in connection with the Prize if it is not required for Airbnb to withhold as stated above.
Prize distribution requirements are intended to ensure that all funds are utilized for the sole purpose of creating the Space. Distribution of the Prize will occur in three (3) phases:
● Thematic Design Phase: Each Winner will receive up to USD $33,334 on or before 31 December 2022 for use in designing and constructing the Space. (“First Milestone Payment”).
● Design Development Phase: Winners who meet the distribution requirements listed below, and on a date no later than 31January 2023, will receive a second milestone payment of up to USD $33,333(“Second Milestone Payment”). To receive the Second
Milestone Payment, a Winner must provide documentation in the form of video, photos or written explanation that show completion of the Space’s exterior and interior blueprint and/or structural design, along with receipts (or other documented evidence) showing purchases and spending for the Space build made with the First Milestone Payment (“Second Milestone Materials”). Specific details of the required Second Milestone Materials will be provided to Winner by Airbnb prior to 31 December 2022.
● Construction Documentation Phase: Winners who meet the distribution requirements listed below, and on a date no later than 30 April 2023, will receive a third and final milestone payment of up to USD $33,333 (“Third Milestone Payment”), amounting to the full Prize award of USD $100,000. To receive the Third Milestone Payment, a Winner must provide documentation in the form of video, photos or explanation that demonstrates progress of the Space’s exterior and interior build and decoration along with receipts (or other documented evidence) showing purchases and spending for the
Space build made with the Second Milestone Payment (“Third Milestone Materials”).
Specific details of the required Third Milestone Materials will be provided to Winner by Airbnb prior to 30 March2023.
Each of the Winners is solely responsible for all aspects of the design, construction, and funding of all aspects of the design, construction, other than the Prize, including without limitation:
● Insurance coverage (for example, homeowner’s insurance, construction or building insurance).
● Assistance with the procurement of any or all property, materials, permits, approvals, architects, designers, contractors, or other aspects that may be required to complete any aspect of the Space.
For the avoidance of doubt, each of the Milestone Payments set forth above will only be provided if the Winner can show sufficient proof acceptable to Airbnb of (i) the Winner’s continued eligibility; and (ii) compliance with the applicable Milestone Materials requirement.
Airbnb Is under no obligation to fulfil the Prize in its entirety if It determines, in its sole discretion, that the Winner is unable to complete the Space by the deadline set forth in these Official Rules.
As a Winner, (i) You will be limited to using the Prize for the sole purposes of designing, remodelling, and/or constructing the Space; (ii) Upon its completion, You agree to make the Space available on the Airbnb platform, in accordance with the Airbnb Terms of Service; and (iii) You agree not to list the Space on any short term rental market platform or service, other than the Airbnb platform, for a period of twelve (12) months following the initial listing of the Space on the Airbnb platform.
Entering the Contest and/or participation in the Prize is at the Winner’s own risk. By entering the Contest, Entrant represents to be able to take part in the Contest, receive the Prize, and to carry out the activities, and comply with the me constraints in these Official Rules.
Only the Winners will be entitled to the Prize, subject to compliance with these Official Rules. No substitutions or transfers are permitted by Winners. Unforeseen or changed circumstances impating a Winner’s ability or availability to take part in the Contest or carry out the requirements necessary to participate in the Contest will result in disqualification. The total value of the Prize is approximately USD $100,000. No difference between the approximate and actual Prize value will be provided.
Entrants must be individuals of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (and at least aged eighteen (18) or older) and have one of the following as their Country/Region of Residence: Argentina (excluding Mendoza Province), Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada (Excluding Quebec Province), Chile, Costa Rica, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Philippines, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, U.K., U.S. (including Puerto Rico).
If You are not a resident of one of these Countries/Regions, You are not eligible to enter or participate in the Contest.
Moreover, to be eligible for the Contest, Entrants must meet all of the following requirements:
1. Since the Contest and Selection Process will be conducted in the English language, Entrants must speak at least an intermediate (conversational) level of English;
2. Own the property or have the rights to use the property where the Space is located and be in possession of, or with the ability to obtain possession of, all building and/or construction permits and approvals (if required in Your locality); and
3. Agree to obtain and maintain appropriate insurance coverage to protect the renovation, build, and/or construction of the Space and cover all necessary regulatory, health and safety risks.
The following are not eligible: Airbnb’s directors, officers, employees, independent contractors, advertisers and agents, including those of subsidiaries or affiliates (collectively with Airbnb, “Released Pares”), and the members of their immediate families (including without limitation to their spouse, partner, housemates, children, parents, siblings, grandparents, and grandchildren, regardless of where they reside) or households, whether or not related.
How to enter:
To enter the Contest, You will need to:
1. Go to the hps://www.airbnb.com/omgfund page (“Site”);
2. Click on the “Apply now” button;
3. Accept these Official Rules
5. Complete and submit the application form by providing all required personal and contact details and answering all mandatory questions in English within the character/word count limits specified and for a single property address (“Entry”).
You can only win one Prize, even if You submit multiple Entries.
Different Entries must have different email addresses and Spaces. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries per property address for the Space by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, accounts and logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified entirely. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
You represent that You are of legal age of majority in your jurisdiction (and at least eighteen (18) years old) at the me You enter the Contest, and reside in an eligible Country/Region of Residence. By entering, You agree that the Winners will be selected from all eligible Entries
received. You acknowledge that, if selected, Your entitlement to the Prize will be as an individual and not as a business entity.
For full Terms and Conditions, please see the link below.