Ace Get Grilling Weber BBQ – Win a Burner Gas Grill
ACE CANADA GET GRILLING WEBER BBQ CONTEST
1. Ace Canada Inc. (the “Organizer”) is the organizer of the ACE CANADA GET GRILLING WEBER BBQ CONTEST (the “Contest”).
2. The Contest begins on May 1, 2018 at 9 a.m. (the “Contest opening date”) (Eastern Time Zone) and ends on May 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone).
3. The Contest is open to Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the Contest opening date.
4. Employees, agents and representatives of the Organizer, of any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their franchisees, their advertising and promotional agencies, and their franchisees/dealer-owners, suppliers of prizes, material and services related to this Contest, as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother) and their legal or common-law spouse living at the same address, and any individuals with whom such employees, agents and representatives are domiciled, are not eligible. “Cookies” must be accepted to enter the Contest.
HOW TO ENTER
5. To enter, visit https://acecanada.ca/bbq-contest and proceed as follows:
Between May 1, 2018 at 9 a.m. and May 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone), the entrant must provide all required information in the participation form to be eligible for the draw. Limit of one entry per email address and postal code, per entrant, for the duration of the Contest. Additional entries will be disqualified. One individual may not use more than one e-mail address to enter the Contest.
6. Entry forms with names of people under the age of majority, or alias names, nicknames or any other substitution of a participant’s given name will be disqualified, and the participants submitting such an entry will be deemed ineligible to win this Contest’s prize.
7. The randomly selected participant’s email address must be valid for that participant to be declared the winner.
8. All subscriptions deemed to be fraudulent will be automatically rejected and considered ineligible for a prize. The Contest Organizer’s decision is final and may not be appealed.
9. No purchase is required. However, online access to the Web and an e-mail account are required to participate in the Contest. *Many public libraries, retail businesses and others provide free computer and Internet access, and certain Internet service providers or other companies offer free e-mail accounts.
10. The entrant will be selected through a random computer-generated draw by the Organizer Ace Canada Inc., located at 5150 Spectrum Way, Mississauga, ON, L4W 5G2 on June 4, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. (EST), and will be declared the winner of the Ace Canada Get Grilling Weber BBQ Contest, subject to the terms and conditions of the present official Contest rules. Chances of winning depend on total number of participants. Limit of one (1) prize per person per habitation.
11) The Grand Prize consists of one Weber Spirit II E-210 Burner Gas Grill with a retail value of $549.00 (winner will pick their colour of choice – red, white, blue and black available). If the winner would like a Natural Gas BBQ, they only have the choice of black.
12. To be declared winner, entrant must:
a) Be reached by the Organizer within five (5) business days of the draw. Any finalist not reached by the deadline will have their entry cancelled and a second finalist will be selected. If the second finalist is not reached within five (5) business days following the second selection, their entry will be cancelled and a third finalist will be reached under the same conditions. In the event the third finalist cannot be reached, the prize will not be awarded;
b) Accept the prize as described in these Contest rules. Prize cannot be transferred to another individual, substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part for money or any other consideration;
c) Fill out and sign the waiver of liability (the Form), to be provided by email, and return to the Organizer before the deadline indicated in the letter accompanying the Form. Furthermore, to be declared a prize winner, the selected entrant must first correctly answer a mathematical skill- testing question required in such Form.
In signing this Form, Contest winner also gives the required consent to the terms of these Contest rules and authorizes the Organizer to use its name, city of residence, photograph, voice and comments regarding the Contest without compensation. In signing this form, the winner also agrees to accept the prize as awarded, and release the Organizer from all responsibility ensuing from its participation in this Contest, or in the receipt or use of the prize.
Failure to comply with one of the conditions mentioned in these Contest rules or to accept a prize will cause selected entrants to be disqualified. In such a case, the Organizer may, at their sole discretion, cancel the prize or, if time permits, proceed to another draw until an entrant is selected and declared a winner for that prize.
13. GRAND PRIZE
Within five (5) days following the receipt of the duly completed and signed Form, the Organizer will contact the winner to make the necessary arrangements to transfer the Contest prize to the winner. The Grand Prize must be picked up from your indicated local Ace Store.
14. Verification. Entry Forms, and Declaration Forms are subject to verification by the Organizer. Any such document which is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, received or submitted late or otherwise noncompliant shall be rejected and will not entitle to an entry or to a prize, as the case may be.
15. Personal information. By participating in this Contest, the entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of their personal information (information that identify the entrant as an individual, such as: telephone number, age and address) by the Organizer for the reasons of application, administration and execution of the Contest. The Organizer will not sell or transmit this information to a third party except for reasons pertaining to the administration of this Contest.
16. Online entry. By submitting an entry on line, all entrants acknowledge and consent that the personal information they have provided will be kept on the server of the Organizer and/or the server of those responsible for the maintenance of the Web site and/or the administrator of the Contest. If entrants have indicated that they wish to receive communications or other offers at a later date, the Organizer can then use this personal information to contact entrants at a later date to provide them with information about products or services. Entrants agree to have their personal information saved on the Organizer’s server and/or the server of the company that maintains the site and/or the Contest administrator’s site.
17. Entrant identity. In the event of conflict regarding the identity of an on-line entrant, the entry form will be considered to belong to the holder of the e-mail account. Online entry forms will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted on the entry form. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
18. Disqualification. The Organizer reserve the right to disqualify a person or to cancel one or several entries of a person who participates or tries to participate in this Contest by using methods that do not comply with these Contest rules or that are unfair to other entrants. Such a person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
19. Conduct of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest web site and/or any related web site or to sabotage the legitimate conduct of this Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any such attempts, the Organizer reserves the right to reject the entrant’s entries and obtain legal or equitable relief under applicable laws. Organizer
reserves the right to disqualify an entrant or disqualify them from eligibility for a prize, if, at their sole discretion, they judge that the said entrant tries to interfere with the proper running of the Contest by cheating, pirating, counterfeiting, falsification or any other dishonest practice (including using automated entry software,) or by an attempts to intimidate, abuse, threaten or harass any entrants, Contest Organizer or their representatives. Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any entrant contravening these Contest rules.
20. Acceptance of prize. The Organizer and the supplier of the prize give no guarantee regarding the safety, the appearance or the performance of a prize, or any activity relating to the prize. Prize must be accepted as described in these Contest rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided in the section below.
21. Substitution of prize. In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Organizer to award a prize (or a portion thereof) as described in these Contest rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or portion thereof) of the same kind and of equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of a prize (or portion thereof) as indicated in the Contest rules.
22. Refusal of prize. The refusal of a finalist selected randomly to accept the prize frees the Organizer of all obligations associated with the awarding of a prize to this finalist
23. Liability limit: use of the prize. By entering the Contest, any entrant selected for a prize releases and does not hold responsible the Organizer, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives (the “Released Parties”) from and against any damage resulting from the acceptance or use of a prize.
24. Web site. The Organizer does not warrant that access to or use of the Contest web site will be uninterrupted during the Contest Period or error-free.
25. Liability limit: conduct of the Contest. The Released Parties disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any entrant’s participation in the Contest: malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communications line; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the Contest. In the event of such an error, the Contest Organizer may cancel, amend or withdraw, in whole or in part, this Contest without notice, without responsibility at any time, at its sole discretion. In the province of Québec, this right is subject to the authorization of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux.
26. Liability limit: exceptional circumstances. The Organizer and the prize supplier shall not assume any responsibility whatsoever in the event that they are unable to act due to situations or circumstances beyond their control, or due to a strike, lockout or any other labour dispute
occurring in the places of business of the organizations or companies whose services are retained to hold this Contest.
27. Operational situations. The Organizer and the prize supplier shall not assume any responsibility for any problem including, but not limited to, a technical failure of the phone lines or networks, online computer systems, servers or suppliers, computer equipment, software, or any other problem resulting directly or indirectly from a virus, bug or failure in data transmission.
28. Contest modification. The Organizer reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part, should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Contest as provided in these Contest rules, subject to approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required.
29. Termination of participation in the Contest. In the event that the computer system cannot register all Contest entries during the Contest Period for whatever reason, or if participation in the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date provided in these Contest rules, the Organizer may, at its sole discretion, proceed with a draw among the entries duly registered during the Contest Period or, as the case may be, up to the date of the event ending participation in the Contest. The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest (subject to the authorization of the RACJ) in the case where Contest administration might be hindered by a computer virus or other technical defect.
30. Prize limit. In no event shall the Organizer be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Contest rules or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest rules.
31. Liability limit: participation in the Contest. Persons who enter or try to enter this Contest release the Released Parties from any liability for damages these said persons may incur as a result of their entry or their attempt to enter the Contest.
32. Authorization. By entering this Contest, any entrant selected for a prize authorizes the Organizer and its representatives to use, if required, his/her name, photo, likeness, voice, place of residence and/or statement regarding a prize at their discretion and without limit as to the time period, in any media outlet worldwide, for publicity or other purposes, without any form of compensation.
33. Communication with entrants. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in these Contest rules or at the Organizer’s initiative.
34. Personal information. Entrants’ personal information collected for the purpose of the Contest will only be used to administer the Contest. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
35. Property. Forms and all documents related to this Contest are the property of the Organizer and shall not in any case be returned to entrants. The Organizer cannot be held responsible for any entry form that is lost, incomplete, incorrectly forwarded or delayed for whatever reason.
36. Entrant identification. For the purpose of these Contest rules, the entrant is the person whose name appears on the Entry Form and it is to this person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is selected and declared a winner.
37. Contest Organizer’s decision. Any decision by the Organizer or its representatives regarding this Contest is final and without appeal, subject to a ruling by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec on any issue under its jurisdiction.
38. Partners. Worx only supplies the prize and play no role in managing the Contest and only the Organizer administers the Contest. This Contest is managed by RONA inc.
39. Litigation. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organisation of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
40. Rights. The Organizer has duly paid the rights required regarding this Contest in accordance with the Act respecting lotteries, publicity contests and amusement machines of the Province of Quebec (L.R.Q., chapter L-6)
41. Rules compliance. Any Participant who fails to comply with these Contest rules may be disqualified.
42. Decisions. Decisions of the Organizer and prize supplier are final and are not subject to appeal.
43. Unenforceability. If a section of the Contest rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
44. Language. In case of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of these Contest rules, the French version shall prevail.