FGL Sports – Sport Chek & TaylorMade – Win a trip for 2 to Carlsbad, California OR 1 of 15 minor prizes
Win the Ultimate Father’s Day Trip from TaylorMade and Sport Chek Contest
Official Rules and Regulations
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
The Contest is sponsored by FGL Sports Ltd (“Contest Sponsor”) and administered by FGL Sports Ltd. (“Administrator”).
CONTEST PERIOD: Contest opens on May 23, 2017 at 9:01 a.m. ET and closes on June 19, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
Who Can Enter
The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (except Quebec), who are 18 years of age or older. Employees and the immediate family members (including those with whom they are domiciled) of Contest Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parents, governors, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, shareholders and agents (altogether the “Released Parties”) are not eligible to enter the Contest. For purposes of this Contest, “immediate family members” shall include the mother, father, brothers, sisters, daughters, sons, partner or spouse of an individual (regardless of where any such “immediate family member” resides).
How to Enter
During the Contest Period, one may enter by:
1. By visiting the Sport Chek Facebook page at www.facebook.com/sportchekofficial, locating the featured Contest post of the day (i.e. for the applicable Prize Period)(the “Contest Post”) and uploading a photo of you and your dad in the “Comments” section of the Contest Post. You must also include @sportchek and the Contest hashtag “#TaylorMadeGolfDad”. This results in one (1) entry (each an “Entry”).
2. Uploading a photo of you and your dad on Instagram with the following tags: #TaylorMadeGolfDad”, and @sportchek.
3. To participate in the Contest, you must be a registered member of Facebook, Inc. and/or Instagram, Inc. Facebook and Instagram membership is free, but is subject to acceptance of their terms and conditions of use, which can be found at www.facebook.com/policy.php?ref=pf and https://help.instagram.com/478745558852511
4. Limit of one (1) entry per person, per day during the Contest Period. Each entry must be unique.
5. Requirements must be met in full for Contest entry. Entries that contain false, misleading or inappropriate information may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Entries must be received within the Contest Period. Entries received after the Contest Period closes will not be accepted.
6. By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Regulations and all decisions of the Contest Sponsor and Contest Administrator, which are final and binding, without right of appeal.
7. All entries and images become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
8. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for an entrant’s inability to submit a Contest entry due to any hardware or software malfunction, Internet service delay or interruption, inability to access the Contest URL (i.e. Instagram, Facebook), or any combination thereof. Further, the Contest Sponsor shall not be responsible for Contest entries that are incomplete, illegible, incorrect, lost, misdirected or delayed.
9. Each Contest entrant hereby warrants and represents that his/her entry (photo or video) and each individual component thereof:
a. is unique and original to him/her and that the entrant has all necessary rights in and to the entry and each individual component thereof;
b. does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
c. does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties;
d. will not give rise to any claims whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party; and
e. is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity (partial or otherwise); alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups; content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of Contest Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Contest Sponsor; conduct or other activities in violation of these Official Rules and Regulations; and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, disparaging, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
10. IMPORTANT NOTE: The Contest Sponsor will screen every selected entry. Any entry that the Contest Sponsor deems, in its sole discretion and at any point in time, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and Regulations will be subject to disqualification.
11. By entering the Contest and submitting an entry, each entrant: (i) grants to the Contest Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the entry and each individual component thereof, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her entry and each individual component thereof in favour of the Contest Sponsor (and anyone authorized by the Contest Sponsor to use the entry or a component thereof); and (iii) agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims related, directly or indirectly, to his/her entry (or a component thereof) – including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action. For greater certainty, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, edit or remove any entry (or a component thereof) for any reason at any time. If such an action is necessary at any time, then the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to: (i) disqualify the entry; (ii) disqualify the entrant and any or all of his/her entries; and/or (iii) to take whatever action the Contest Sponsor deems appropriate in circumstances as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
12. One (1) Grand Prize (the“ Grand Prize” or “Prize”) will be awarded in this Contest, consisting of an exclusive trip for two to Carlsbad, California (dates: October 8 to 11, 2017) including:
a. Round trip (from the closest major Canadian Airport) economy airfare for two (determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Carlsbad, California
b. Tour level club fitting at TaylorMade’s Kingdom
c. Two sets of TaylorMade golf clubs
d. 3 nights standard accommodation (single room, double occupancy) determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion
e. Green Fees for 2 Golf Rounds
f. Lunch and dinner to be provided
13. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is eight thousand and six-hundred dollars ($8,600 CAD).
14. Fifteen (15) Secondary Prizes (the “Prize”) will be awarded in this Contest, consisting of 10 packs of TP5 Golf Balls (50 balls total).
15. The approximate retail value of the Secondary Prize is one hundred and twenty dollars ($120 CAD).
16. The Prize winner acknowledges all risk of damages, injury or other loss incidental to any trip, and hereby voluntarily agrees to assume the same.
17. The Grand Prize must be accepted as is and cannot be redeemed for cash.
18. The Grand Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made unless the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize, or a portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value should it become unavailable for any reason. Prize winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with Grand Prize receipt and/or use. All Grand Prize details are at Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any unused portion of the Grand Prize, once awarded, will be deemed forfeited by the Prize winner, and no compensation will be made or required in respect of such unused portion. If a selected entrant does not fulfill the conditions set out in these rules, or declines or forfeits any or all of the Grand Prize, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to cancel the Grand Prize or to select another entrant from the remaining eligible entries. Departure dates and times are subject to availability and at the sole discretion of Contest Sponsor. Certain restrictions may apply. Actual value may vary depending on Grand Prize winner’s point of travel origin, airfare and hotel fluctuations. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value will not be awarded. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute air transportation for ground transportation depending on Grand Prize winner’s proximity. Should ground transportation be submitted for air transportation, the difference in prize value, if any, will not be awarded. Airport, airline, tickets and/or hotel accommodations for the Grand Prize are to be selected by Contest Sponsor. Insurance, Visas, passports, all expenses and incidentals not mentioned in these Official Rules and Regulations are the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. All travel must be completed on the dates specified by Contest Sponsor, or the Grand Prize will be forfeited. Winner’s participation in any or all activities for the Grand Prize is voluntary. In the event that the Grand Prize winner elects not to participate in any or all designated activities for the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize winner will be afforded no additional compensation in exchange therefore.
19. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
How to Win
20. Approximately three (3) days after the last day of the Contest Period, the potential Grand Prize winner will be announced. Potential winner will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries (“Selected Entrant”). The drawing will take place in the offices of the Contest Sponsor, at 824 – 41 Ave NE, Calgary, Alberta, T2E 3R3.
21. The Contest Sponsor will verify the Selected Entrant’s eligibility and the Selected Entrant will be notified. If the Selected Entrant does not meet all eligibility requirements for the Contest, his/her entry is void or becomes disqualified, and an alternate Selected Entrant will be drawn from all remaining Contest entries.
22. The Selected Entrant will be contacted by the Contest Sponsor by direct message through Instagram or Facebook using user name provided on the Contest Entry, and notified that they are a Selected Entrant to win a Prize (the “Notification”).
23. If a Selected Entrant does not respond to the Notification within twenty-four (24) hours thereof, that Selected Entrant will be automatically disqualified and an alternate Selected Entrant will be selected and contacted in accordance with paragraphs 9-11.
24. Any Notification that is returned within twenty-four (24) hours or is determined undeliverable may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
25. To be declared a Prize winner and recipient of a Prize, Selected Entrant must first (a) sign a declaration confirming compliance with these Official Rules and Regulations and acceptance of the Prize as awarded, (b) sign and return, within the time stipulated, a waiver and release of the Released Parties from any liability in connection with this Contest and, (c) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill-testing mathematical question to be administered by Contest Sponsor.
26. Selected Entrant may also be required to submit valid proof of identity.
27. By accepting a Prize, Prize winner authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, photo/video entry, sobriquet (i.e.nickname/handle) and voice, in connection with any further publicity carried out in connection with this Contest, with no additional compensation to the Prize winner beyond the awarding of the Prize.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
28. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries or for any failure of any website during the Contest; for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software, failed network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, online failures or communication failures other circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the Contest in any manner, including without limitation, receipt of entries, entrants’ ability to participate in the Contest, Prize Notification or entrant response to the Notification, for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination of the foregoing. Further, the Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any damage to entrants’ or third parties’ computer occasioned by participation in the Contest or by downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
29. By entering the Contest, entrants agree that the Released Parties shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance, possession or use of any Prize awarded and entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Parties for all claims or damages arising out of the entrants’ participation in the Contest or the acceptance or use of a Prize awarded therein.
30. The Contest Sponsor make no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning the Prize and disclaims any implied warranties.
31. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend or extend this Contest or modify the Official Rules and Regulations at any time without notice and shall have no liability to anyone, including entrants, for the cancellation or termination of the Contest.
33. The personal information provided by entrants to enter the Contest will be (i) collected by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor or Administrator, (ii) used only to administer the Contest, contact Selected Entrant, verify eligibility of the Selected Entrant, and for no other reason, and (iii) accessible only to those employees of the Contest Sponsor or a third party retained by the Contest Sponsor directly involved in the Contest and will not be disclosed or sold to any other third parties.
34. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and disclosure of his/her personal information for the purposes and in the manner described herein.
36. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
37. The name of the Prize winner will be available and may be obtained by email sent to customerservice@SportChek.ca within 120 days after the close of the Contest Period.
38. As a condition of participating in the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant agrees that any dispute or cause of action arising out of or connected with the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action proceeding, and exclusively before a court located in the province of Alberta and that the court shall apply the laws of the province of Alberta doctrines of conflict of law and that you agree to be subject to personal jurisdiction in the province of Alberta. Further, each entrant agrees to waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including legal costs or attorneys’ fees, other than the entrant’s out-of-pocket expenses associated with entering the Contest.
39. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who rightfully operates the Instagram or Facebook account that was assigned by the operators of Instagram and Facebook. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. An entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof that she or he is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
40. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to disqualify without notice and to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.