Hyundai Auto Show – Win an ALL new 2018 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend valued at $28,000
2018 Hyundai Auto Show Contest
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Open to residents of Canada only.
Please read these official contest rules (the “Rules”) in their entirety before entering this contest (the “Contest”). Do not enter the Contest unless you agree to these Rules. Participation in the Contest constitutes full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Rules which are final on all matters relating to the Contest.
1. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: Enter the Contest via one of the following methods: (i) complete the online entry process at www.hyundaicanada.com/kona between January 19, 2018 at 10:00am (ET) and April 15, 2018 at 6:00pm (PT) (the “Contest Period”); or, (ii) complete the Contest entry form on a digital touch screen at one of the Auto Show circuit locations, during the applicable working hours of such location, on one of the following 2018 dates: January 19 – January 28 (at the Montreal International Auto Show), February 16 – February 25 (at the Canadian International Auto Show), March 6 – March 11 (at the Quebec Auto Show), March 14 – March 18 (at the Calgary International Auto & Truck Show), March 22 – March 25 (at the Ottawa-Gatineau International Auto Show), March 28 – April 1 (at the Vancouver International Auto Show), April 12 – April 15 (at the Edmonton Motorshow). Only one (1) entry per person is allowed during the Contest Period. Enter all mandatory fields on the digital Contest entry form, including your name, address and e-mail address. No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Any entrant who elects to receive electronic updates from Hyundai will automatically receive five (5) bonus Contest entries upon such election.
2. CONTEST ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, and excludes all employees (current and retired) of Endo Networks Inc., all employees (current and retired) of Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. (the “Sponsor”), its advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest organization, Hyundai dealers, and the parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives and agents of the aforementioned parties, and a member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the employee or not). In these Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner or spouse.
3. CONTEST CLOSE DATE: To be eligible, entries must be received on or before 6:00 PM (PT) on April 15, 2018 (the “Contest Close Date”). Only one entry per person is allowed during the Contest Period; however, entrants who elect to receive electronic updates from Hyundai will automatically receive five (5) bonus Contest entries upon such election. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address in question. An authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e- mail address in question. A potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
4. PRIZING DESCRIPTIONS: There is one (1) Grand Prize consisting of one (1) ALL new 2018 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend (the “Vehicle”). The approximate estimated value of the Vehicle is $28,000. The winner is solely responsible for paying all taxes and expenses which are not included in the Vehicle description above, including but not limited to: registration and licensing fees, insurance, gas consumption tax, freight and delivery, and all other costs incurred in claiming, registering, or using the Vehicle, unless any expenses are otherwise already paid by Sponsor. There are one hundred (100) secondary prizes consisting of one hundred (100) new Google Home Mini devices valued at approximately $80 each before taxes (“Secondary Prizes”). The winners are solely responsible for paying any and all expenses which are not included in the Google Home Mini devices (“Devices”) description above. Google Home Mini is a trademark of Google LLC.
5. PRIZING SUBSTITUTION: The Vehicle is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash surrender value, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the Vehicle with another vehicle of equivalent or greater value or of a different model year, without liability and for any reason including, but not limited to: production delays caused by labour disruptions, parts shortages, adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen events, or any other reasons. The Devices are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash surrender value, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the prizing awarded with a prize of equivalent or greater value for any reason.
6. DELIVERY OF THE VEHICLE & SECONDARY PRIZES: The winner of the Vehicle must take delivery of the Vehicle from a Hyundai dealership designated by the Sponsor. Once the winner has been notified that the Vehicle is at the designated Hyundai dealership for delivery (“Delivery Notice”), he/she must take possession of the vehicle within four (4) weeks of the Delivery Notice or the Vehicle will be forfeited and there will be no liability to the Sponsor in the event this occurs. The winner is responsible for obtaining a valid driver’s license, vehicle registration and insurance prior to taking possession of the Vehicle. Failure to provide the Sponsor or its agent with satisfactory proof of a valid driver’s license, vehicle registration and insurance shall result in forfeiture of the Vehicle. The Vehicle is not eligible for any options, upgrades, promotional programs or incentive support (e.g., gas cards, subvented finance rates, etc.). The Vehicle cannot be traded or exchanged in order to obtain the benefit of options, upgrades, promotional programs or incentive support. Any options or upgrades offered by the dealer on the Vehicle
Page 2 of 6
are not eligible for any promotional programs or incentive support. The Devices will be shipped directly to each winner, once winners are selected and validated. Each winner will be notified that the Devices are ready for delivery, then he/she must take possession of the Devices within four (4) weeks of the Delivery Notice or the Devices will be forfeited and there will be no liability to the Sponsor in the event this occurs. Winners are responsible for their own use and installation of the Devices.
7. RANDOM DRAWS: One eligible Grand Prize winner and one hundred (100) eligible Secondary Prize winners will be selected by random draws from all eligible entries received. The odds of winning the draws depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The draws will be held by the independent contest organization, Endo Networks Inc., and shall take place at its head office, at 2180 Winston Park Drive, Oakville, ON at approximately 2:00 PM (ET) on May 1, 2018. The Sponsor or the independent contest organization shall have a maximum of fourteen (14) days to attempt to contact the eligible winners. The first such contact will be attempted by telephone or e-mail within forty-eight (48) hours of the draw and, if unsuccessful, further attempts to contact the eligible winners will be made on three (3) further occasions by telephone or e-mail, at the discretion of the Sponsor. Once contacted, the eligible winners have a further fourteen (14) days to claim the Prizes, as described in paragraph 8 below. If an eligible winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days of the draw, or if contacted, does not claim his or her Prize within fourteen (14) days of being contacted, or does not meet all of the Contest conditions, he/she will forfeit the prize and another entry will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. If the independent contest organization is unable to contact an eligible winner after attempting to contact three (3) eligible winners, or if no eligible winner claims his or her Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: To win, the eligible winners must first have complied with the Rules and correctly answered, unaided, a time limited skill testing question to be administered by e- mail or telephone by the independent contest organization at a prearranged mutually convenient time. The eligible winners will then be instructed on how to claim the Prizes, which will consist of the following: (a) signing a standard release form (the “Release”) confirming compliance with and agreement to be bound by these Rules; (b) acceptance of the Vehicle or Devices as awarded; (c) signing the Bill of Sale with the designated Hyundai dealer, which includes arrangements by the eligible winner to pay the taxes and/or expenses identified in paragraph 4; (d) releasing the Sponsor, its directors, officers, partners, employees and Hyundai dealers, from any and all liability; and (e) complying with any other reasonable requests for information by the Sponsor, the independent contest organization or the designated Hyundai dealer. As stated in paragraph 7, the eligible winners have fourteen (14) days after they are contacted by the Sponsor or the independent contest organization to claim the Prizes, otherwise the Prizes will be forfeited. The decision of the Sponsor is final. Entries are subject to verification and the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a person if he/she enters this Contest or tries to do so by any means contrary to these Rules or which would be unfair to other
Page 3 of 6
entrants or where Contest entries are generated by any unauthorized mechanical or automated means. Entry materials that have been tampered with, reproduced, falsified or altered are void. In the event that an eligible winner is disqualified for any reason, the Prizes may be awarded to an alternate winner by random draw from among all remaining eligible Contest entries. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of law and may be subject to remedies and damages, including criminal prosecution. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws of Canada. This Contest is void where prohibited.
9. PUBLICITY: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or independent contest organization, and consents to the use of his or her name, address (city and province), photograph, image and/or voice without payment or compensation, in connection with any publicity or advertising in any medium carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to this Contest. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
10. MODIFICATION OR TERMINATION: The Sponsor reserves the right, subject to applicable law and with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in the province of Quebec, to cancel, terminate, modify or amend the Rules or the administration of this Contest, or to suspend this Contest in whole or in part, at any time and in any way, without prior notice with no obligation or liability. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to technical failure, computer virus, tampering, fraud, or corruption of security or proper administration of the Contest or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right to select a winner by random draw from among all valid entries received up to the time of cancellation, termination or suspension.
11. RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
12. LIABILITY: The Sponsor, its affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest organization and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors, insurers and assigns shall not be responsible for any injuries, loss or damages of any kind (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) with respect to, or in any way arising from, this Contest or the prize awarded, including but not limited to: (i) lost, stolen, not received, destroyed, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, fraudulent or late entries, and all such entries will be void and not eligible; (ii) failure to receive entries for any reason or technical failures or errors of any kind, including but not limited to incorrect or inaccurate capture or loss of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data
Page 4 of 6
or transmissions, omissions, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, servers, software, traffic congestion on the internet or any website, any other online communication problems, or any combination thereof; (iii) seeding or printing or typographical errors in any Contest related material or human error; or (iv) any injury or damage to a participant’s or to any other person’s computer system(s) due to viruses or breaches of privacy from interference by third party computers. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void. If it is determined that an entrant has entered the Contest in a fashion not sanctioned by these Rules, the entrant will be disqualified and his or her entry will be disqualified. A prize winner’s refusal or inability to accept the Vehicle shall release the Sponsor from all obligations to that person. In no event shall the Sponsor be held to award more prizes than what is mentioned in these Rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these Rules. THE SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATED AND RELATED COMPANIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, THE INDEPENDENT CONTEST ORGANIZATION AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS, INSURERS AND ASSIGNS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT IN RESPECT OF THE SECONDARY PRIZES OR ANY OTHER COMPONENT OF THE CONTEST. A MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY IN RESPECT OF THE SECONDARY PRIZES MAY APPLY. WINNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CONTACTING THE MANUFACTURER DIRECTLY FOR DETAILS. SPONSOR ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR OR CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY ISSUE OR MATTER IN RESPECT OF THE DEVICES.
Page 5 of 6
14. OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES: These are the official Contest Rules. Copies of the Contest Rules are available by writing to Endo Networks Inc., 2180 Winston Park Drive, Oakville, ON L6H 5W1, or online at www.hyundaicanada.com/kona.