Federation des caisses Desjardins du Quebec – My Passion, My Bike – Win a $4,000 gift card
My Passion, My Bike
1. The My Passion, My Bike contest is organized by the Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec (the
“Contest Organizer”). The contest runs from 10:00 a.m. ET on May 25, 2018, to 11:59 p.m. ET on
September 12, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
2. To be eligible for the contest, participants must, during the Contest Period:
– Be Canadian residents
– Have reached the age of majority in their province of residence by May 25, 2018
(the “Eligible Participant”)
The following persons are not eligible for the contest:
a) Employees and executives of the Strategy, Marketing and Personal Services Executive Division of the
Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec, and all persons residing with them.
b) Directors and officers of the Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec and the Fédération des caisses
populaires de l’Ontario Inc., and all persons residing with them.
c) Employees, executives, directors and officers of Vélo Québec Événements, and all persons residing with
d) Employees, executives, directors and officers of Bob Communication Inc. involved in promoting the
contest, and all persons residing with them.
HOW TO ENTER
3. To enter the contest, Eligible Participant must use one of the following three ways:
3.1 By visiting www.mybikedesjardins.ca, completing the entry form, clicking the button that reads “I have
read and accept the contest rules” and clicking “submit”.
3.2 By sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a letter to the following address: “My Passion,
My Bike” contest, c/o Karine Leroux, 1 Complexe Desjardins, PO Box 7, Montreal, Quebec, H5B 1E2. The
entry must include the participant’s first and last names, address and phone number, along with a 50-
word text describing their love of cycling.
3.3 By visiting the Desjardins booth at one of the cycling events listed below, where promotional agents will
allow participants to sign up for the contest on the tablets provided, via the www.mybikedesjardins.ca
website. Eligible participants will have to complete the entry form, click the button that reads “I have
read and accept the contest rules,” then click the button to validate their entry.
– Gran Fondo Mont-Tremblant (May 27, 2018)
– Metropolitan Challenge (May 27, 2018)
– Tour la nuit (June 1, 2018)
– Tour de l’Île de Montréal (June 3, 2018)
– Défi des Laurentides (June 23, 2018)
– La Petite Aventure Desjardins (June 30, 2018)
– Gran Fondo Ottawa (July 21, 2018)
– Grand Tour Desjardins (August 4-5, 2018)
– Eastern Townships Challenge (September 8, 2018)
Participants will automatically be registered for a chance to win when their entry form, email or letter is
4. Unless otherwise indicated in the contest rules, and subject to what is stipulated hereinafter, there is a limit of
one entry per Eligible Participant per week during the Contest Period. By sharing the contest on Facebook, the
Eligible Participant will receive no more than one additional entry for the entire duration of the contest, for a
total of 17 chances to win per Eligible Participant for the entire Contest Period.
5. One (1) prize will be awarded. The prize consists of one (1) gift certificate worth four thousand dollars ($4,000)
which can be exchanged for Devinci brand bicycle products, for a total prize value of $4,000.
Winners are responsible for any expenses not described above.
Specific prize conditions
5.1 The prize may be collected from a Devinci Bikes retailer. For a list of retailers, go to
www.devinci.com/retailers/index.html (regardless of where the winners reside). The winner shall let the
Contest Organizer know where they would like to claim their prize by indicating the retailer’s name on the
liability waiver form (see point 8.4). The contest organizer shall have ten (10) days from the date of the
draw to let the winner knows as of what date they can set up an appointment with the retailer to claim
their prize, and shall provide a letter for them to present to the retailer. No positioning service or
accessories shall be included with the prize.
5.2 The prize is not transferable, cannot be exchanged for cash, and will be presented to the winner by the
Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec.
5.3 The prize must be collected before May 30, 2019. After this date, the winner will no longer be able to
claim their prize and no other draws will be held.
6. The draw will be held on September 14, 2018, at 10:00 a.m., in the offices of the Contest Organizer in
Montreal. The winner will be chosen by a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest
7. The chances of an Eligible Participant’s name being randomly drawn will depend on the number of eligible
entries received during the Contest Period.
8. To be declared a winner, the randomly selected participant must also meet the following conditions:
8.1 Be reached by telephone by the Contest Organizer within four (4) days of the draw.
8.2 Confirm that they meet the eligibility conditions and other requirements of these contest rules.
8.3 Correctly answer a timed, mathematical skill-testing question without assistance.
8.4 Sign the declaration and liability waiver form (the “Declaration Form”) that will be sent to them by the
Contest Organizer by mail, fax or email and return it to within five (5) days of receipt.
Should the selected participant fail to meet the above-mentioned terms or any other condition in these
contest rules, the selected participant will be disqualified, and at the Contest Organizer’s discretion, the prize
will be cancelled or a new draw will be held for the prize, in accordance with these contest rules, until a
participant is selected and declared the prize winner. In such a case, the same terms and conditions will apply
and be adapted as necessary.
9. Awarding of prizes. Within ten (10) days of receiving the Declaration Form, the Contest Organizer will notify
the winner by email of the terms for receiving their prize. Should a selected participant refuse to claim the
prize, the Contest Organizer will be released from any obligation related to the awarding of said prize and may,
at its discretion, cancel the prize or hold a new draw as described in the preceding section.
10. Verification. Entries and Declarations Forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizer. Any entry
form or Declaration Form that is, as the case may be, incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, reproduced
mechanically, mutilated, fraudulent, submitted or sent in late, or that contains an invalid or otherwise
unreachable telephone number, may be rejected and will not be considered, as the case may be, for draw or a
11. Disqualification. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter this contest by any means that violate these
contest rules or are unfair to other participants (e.g., computer hacking, use of a “voting group”, use of a false
name, use of fraudulently obtained entry forms, entries submitted after the permitted limit) will be
automatically disqualified and may be reported to legal authorities.
12. Conduct of the contest. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate conduct of the contest is a violation of civil
and criminal laws. If any such attempt is made, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to reject the
participant’s entries and obtain redress under the law.
13. Acceptance of the prize. The prize must be accepted as described in the contest rules and can in no case be
wholly or partially transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged for money unless
otherwise stated in the rules.
14. Limitation of liability: Use of the prize. Winner releases the Contest Organizer and persons for whom the
contest is held from all damage resulting from them entering the contest, accepting or using the prize. Winner
acknowledges that upon receipt of the communication confirming their prize, the fulfilment of the obligations
related to the prize becomes the full and exclusive responsibility of the various goods and services suppliers.
Winner commits to sign a Declaration Form for that purpose. Winner acknowledges that the only applicable
prize warranty is the usual manufacturer’s warranty.
15. Limit of liability: Conduct of the contest. The Contest Organizer and persons for whom the contest is held shall
not be liable for any faulty computer component, software or communication lines relating to the loss or
absence of network communication, or for any faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased computer or
network transmission that makes it difficult or impossible to read the contest rules. In addition, the Contest
Organizer shall not be held liable for any damage or loss caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by
downloading any web page, software or other, or by transmitting any information involving contest
participation. More precisely, if the administration, security, equity, integrity or contest progress is corrupted
or heavily compromised (virus, bug, modifications, unauthorized interventions, fraud, technical failure, or any
other cause), the Contest Organizer reserves the right, subject to approval by the Régie des alcools, des
courses et des jeux du Québec, to cancel, modify, extend, or suspend the contest without prior notice.
16. Limitation of liability: Entries. The Contest Organizer and persons for whom the contest is held are not
responsible for lost, misdirected, or late entries, including for reasons involving postal service problems or any
breakdown for any reason whatsoever of the website during the Contest Period, including any damage to the
participant’s computer or mobile device.
17. Limitation of liability: Inability to act. The Contest Organizer and persons for whose benefit the contest is held
shall not be held liable in any way whatsoever in the event their inability to act results from a fact or a situation
beyond their control, or from a strike, lock-out or any other labour conflict in the organizations or companies
whose services are required to hold the contest.
18. Modification of the contest. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at their entire discretion, to cancel,
terminate, modify or suspend the contest, in whole or in part, should any event or any human intervention
occur that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal running of the contest as
provided for in the contest rules, subject to approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du
Québec, if required, and cannot be held liable under any circumstances.
19. End of contest participation. In the event that, for any reason whatsoever, participation in the contest must
end, in whole or in part, before the end date provided in the contest rules, the draw may take place, at the
discretion of the Contest Organizer, from those entries duly registered and received up to the date of the event
ending contest participation.
20. Prize limit. In all cases, the Contest Organizer cannot be required to award more prizes or to award any prize
other than those described in the contest rules.
21. Limit of liability: Contest participation. By entering or attempting to enter this contest, individuals release the
Contest Organizer and persons for whom the contest is held from any liability for any damages that may result
from entering or attempting to enter the contest.
22. Authorization. By accepting the prize, winner authorizes the Contest Organizer and their representatives to
use, if required, their name, photograph, image, voice, place of residence and/or statement relating to the
prize for advertising purposes, without any compensation.
23. Personal information. Participants’ personal information collected for this contest will be used only for the
administration of the contest. No communications, commercial or otherwise, unrelated to this contest will be
sent to participants, unless they have otherwise agreed.
24. Property. Entry and Declaration Forms are the property of the Contest Organizer and will not be returned to
participants under any circumstances.
25. Contest Organizer’s decision. All persons who enter the contest agree to be bound by these Contest Rules and
by the final decisions of the organizer administering the contest. Any decision by the Contest Organizer or its
representatives regarding the contest is final and without appeal, subject to a ruling by the Régie des alcools,
des courses et des jeux du Québec on any matter under its jurisdiction.
26. Disputes. For Quebec residents. Any decision by the Contest Organizer or their representatives relating to the
contest is final and without appeal, subject to any ruling by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du
Québec on any issue under its jurisdiction.
27. Severability. If a paragraph of these contest rules is declared or judged illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a
court of competent jurisdiction, the paragraph in question will be considered void, but all other unaffected
paragraphs will be applicable to the extent permitted by law.
28. These contest rules are available at www.mybikedesjardins.ca, and on request at 514-281-7000, extension
29. In the event of a discrepancy between the French and English versions of these rules, the French version shall
30. The contest is subject to all applicable laws.